[A15] Animal Hide Working v2.11

Started by ItchyFlea, March 15, 2014, 10:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta Omega

Quote from: ItchyFlea on August 19, 2014, 07:40:15 PM
Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 19, 2014, 06:33:02 PM
Do these rugs add mood boosts?
They contribute to making an area give a colonist the 'pleasant environment' buff. Except for the human rug, that has the opposite effect.
Makes sense.....

Reaper

um I think the skin human thing is busted. I got smacked by tribals and wanted to make a statement by tanning their buddies. and well my cook didn't do it.

i enabled every thing inside the bill  and the corpses were fresh. Now i could tell her to butcher the corpse but not skin it. any idea what I am doing wrong?

shadowtajun

Quote from: Reaper on September 14, 2014, 08:45:35 PM
um I think the skin human thing is busted. I got smacked by tribals and wanted to make a statement by tanning their buddies. and well my cook didn't do it.

I enabled every thing inside the bill  and the corpses were fresh. Now I could tell her to butcher the corpse but not skin it. any idea what I am doing wrong?

Can you skin to the other animals or just butcher?
Blog: www.liteart.tumblr.com
Portfolio: www.shadowtajun.com
Twitter: @tajunshadow

Reaper

I can skin other animals but not humans :'(

I currently have a few muffo rugs a boom rat and a sqazil.

ItchyFlea

Yep. For some reason the game refuses to skin dead humans. Everything looks correct, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

To be honest I won't spend too much time trying to figure this out.
Alpha 7 should be out soon (See this thread for why I think it's out soon), and I'm going to utilise the new leather system (See changelog, August 7th) for making rugs. I'm assuming that people also drop leather when butchered, but we won't know until Alpha 7 is actually out.

EDIT: Found and fixed the problem. See the OP for a download link for the fixed version. This should be compatible with existing saves. Make a backup before installing this version just in case. The previous version of this mod is still available for download in the OP as an attached file if the new version does break saves.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Reaper

Quote from: ItchyFlea on September 15, 2014, 01:42:55 AM
Yep. For some reason the game refuses to skin dead humans. Everything looks correct, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

To be honest I won't spend too much time trying to figure this out.
Alpha 7 should be out soon (See this thread for why I think it's out soon), and I'm going to utilise the new leather system (See changelog, August 7th) for making rugs. I'm assuming that people also drop leather when butchered, but we won't know until Alpha 7 is actually out.

EDIT: Found and fixed the problem. See the OP for a download link for the fixed version. This should be compatible with existing saves. Make a backup before installing this version just in case. The previous version of this mod is still available for download in the OP as an attached file if the new version does break saves.

thank you

Zeta Omega

ItchyFlea

Updated to Alpha 7.
There have been major changes to how this mod works.
  • Instead of skinning animals to make rugs, rugs are now built using Alpha 7's leather system. Each rug costs the average amount of leather you'll get when butchering an animal. (This also means that this mod should never have any conflicts with any other mods.)
  • Rugs now have their own tab in the architext menu. It's at the bottom.
  • Not all rugs have textures yet. Missing textures are: Dromedary, Tortoise and Boar. Those will be added soon. Those rugs are currently using the Boomrat rug texture. When the textures are added, the new version of this mod will work perfectly fine with existing saves, so it is safe to start using the mod now.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

Just a minor update. The texture for the dromedary rug has been added to the mod. This update will work perfectly fine with existing saves.

Nommy

Cool mod! However the rugs don't add any beauty any more (v1.26.1). I'm guessing this feature was removed by accident, right?

InfiniteRemnant

ItchyFlea

Update:

Replaced the remaining two placeholder textures with proper textures for their respective animals. There are no other changes, so this update will work flawlessly with existing saves. Only difference is that the rugs with placeholder textures will now show the correct textures.

Unfixable Bugs:
Rugs do not have a beauty value. This is an issue with how the game generates leather for animals. This isn't something I can fix I'm afraid.

Nommy

Cool, the new textures are pretty sweet.

About the beauty, if you add a Beauty tag (or whatever it's called) to statBases the rugs get the beauty value and contribute to pleasant environment thoughts e.g:
<statBases>
<WorkToBuild>50</WorkToBuild>
<Beauty>80</Beauty>
</statBases>

I just tested this and it seems to work just fine.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Nommy on November 19, 2014, 12:36:19 AM
Cool, the new textures are pretty sweet.

About the beauty, if you add a Beauty tag (or whatever it's called) to statBases the rugs get the beauty value and contribute to pleasant environment thoughts e.g:
<statBases>
<WorkToBuild>50</WorkToBuild>
<Beauty>80</Beauty>
</statBases>

I just tested this and it seems to work just fine.

* ItchyFlea slaps forehead. :-[
Thank-you. Will fix. :)