Tynan: Next 3 Major Changes?

Started by MikeLemmer, September 06, 2016, 02:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topper

Just dont peg updates so close together...I had nearly finished downloading mods for 14 when modders switch all their mods to 15 so now I am waiting till 15 mods are complete..never seem to get to play the game...

I hope for a Base caste system like dwarf fort or Peter Hamilton's Abyss beyond Dreams where the crashed starship commanders become corrupted royalty. Voting on base commander and LTs and mandates by the commander and LTs that when not answred call down negative events. Assassination attempts smear campaigns forced relationships etc etc. More events that take the pawns perspective and control away from the player.

Wintersdark

Quote from: stu89pid on September 07, 2016, 11:09:17 AM
I don't see stonecutting change as necessary. You just go into the order details and can specify which kind of blocks you want them to make, the same way to would disallow someone crafting a sculpture form using up all your steel or gold for example.

It's not about what kind you make, it's about how many you have and the "Do until you have X" setting.

What happens to me:  I'll be playing on a map with Granite and Marble.  I want to keep 200 blocks of Granite on hand, so I can build rooms and such without needing to monkey around. 

However, somewhere along the lines I get 50 blocks of sandstone.  Now my "Do until you have 200" Granite Blocks job will stop when I have 150 Granite and the 50 Sandstone.

Then, I get an artist.  Lets make some smexy marble statues!  Ok, I want to keep 150 marble blocks on hand... but i've already got a job for 200 Granite!  There's really no way to tune this, not in a sustainable fashion, even if you manage to not get any stone types other than the ones you want.