Tynan: Next 3 Major Changes?

Started by MikeLemmer, September 06, 2016, 02:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

Tynan,
If you feel comfortable talking about it, what are the next 3 major additions/modifications to RimWorld you hope to do? I'm curious what we might expect in the upcoming updates.

Serenity

Rather than adding more and more systems, I'd prefer fleshing out what's already there. For example the medical and mood system could use some improvement.

mumblemumble

Quote from: Serenity on September 06, 2016, 07:12:20 AM
Rather than adding more and more systems, I'd prefer fleshing out what's already there. For example the medical and mood system could use some improvement.
heh, surgery failures....I had someone remove someones HEAD as a "minor" failure.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

FridayBiology

Personally I'd love to see more artwork allowances, I've seen alot of random hunting death memorials which would've occurred without the colonist burying being aware.
Maybe an option to send colonists on a recovery/raid against a rival faction or on trade missions to friendly factions (maybe build object, set colonist to object and then activate to start)

oh god, pet (bonded animal) joy moment/option/event, like colonist John plays with dog Luke or maybe Colonist John feeds dog Luke raw meat.

+1 minor medical failure relevancy.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

cultist

Quote from: mumblemumble on September 06, 2016, 08:08:50 AM
Quote from: Serenity on September 06, 2016, 07:12:20 AM
heh, surgery failures....I had someone remove someones HEAD as a "minor" failure.

Rimworld surgeons in a nutshell:

SpaceDorf

I had the incredible luck of witnessing a brain amputation while operating on a toe ..

savescumming never felt so justified.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TheDirge

Franklin

Quote from: Serenity on September 06, 2016, 07:12:20 AMRather than adding more and more systems, I'd prefer fleshing out what's already there. For example the medical and mood system could use some improvement.
For sure. I'd love to see a big balance patch as well.

I'd also love to see a few minor quality-of-life additions that a lack-there-of have made some mods mandatory. Like the Stonecutting Tweak and RT Fuse.

MeowRailroad

Quote from: TheDirge on September 06, 2016, 01:18:34 PM
I hope religion gets added

The religions could be randomly generated, like art descriptions. Maybe there could be occasional missionary traders that may sell a few things but their main goal is to get you to join their religion.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Jimyoda

He's not going to say what he's going to add next. It's clearly stated here. Rather than reveal the next big thing and risk disappointment if that feature gets scrapped, he just surprises us with new content. So we should treat it like Christmas and not try to ruin the surprise. Play with the toys you got from last Christmas.
So what'll happen is this thread will turn into a place where people post suggestions. Oh, wait, that already happened. Suggestions belong here.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Jimyoda on September 06, 2016, 07:29:27 PM
He's not going to say what he's going to add next. It's clearly stated here. Rather than reveal the next big thing and risk disappointment if that feature gets scrapped, he just surprises us with new content. So we should treat it like Christmas and not try to ruin the surprise. Play with the toys you got from last Christmas.
So what'll happen is this thread will turn into a place where people post suggestions. Oh, wait, that already happened. Suggestions belong here.
Damnit, Yoda showed up and ruined all the fun. >:(
#StopPluginAbuse

RazorHed

I'll bet it involves more traits like

Serial Killer
Pet Beater
Thief
Torturer
Poops Anywhere

stu89pid

Quote from: Franklin on September 06, 2016, 02:14:10 PM
Quote from: Serenity on September 06, 2016, 07:12:20 AMRather than adding more and more systems, I'd prefer fleshing out what's already there. For example the medical and mood system could use some improvement.
For sure. I'd love to see a big balance patch as well.

I'd also love to see a few minor quality-of-life additions that a lack-there-of have made some mods mandatory. Like the Stonecutting Tweak and RT Fuse.
I don't see stonecutting change as necessary. You just go into the order details and can specify which kind of blocks you want them to make, the same way to would disallow someone crafting a sculpture form using up all your steel or gold for example.

Stormfox

Quote from: stu89pid on September 07, 2016, 11:09:17 AM
I don't see stonecutting change as necessary. You just go into the order details and can specify which kind of blocks you want them to make, the same way to would disallow someone crafting a sculpture form using up all your steel or gold for example.

The problem is in the limits. Without the mod, you can only specify "craft stone blocks until we have 200". Usually, you only want the hardest stone for building, though, and perhaps some marble for statues. After a while, your storage fills up with all kinds of unwanted stone blocks that not only were unneccessary to craft but also count against those 200 you set - meaning you have to raise the limit (and waste more time and storage space) or never get granite and marble again.

There are quite a few mods I deem almost neccessary for smooth gameplay that fix little annoyances like this, and I would really like to see a quality of life pass in one of the next patches that incorporates most of these into the base game, similar to how the pawn bar took a while.

The handling of stonecutting and different wood types, storage solutions, rebalancing of mood and injury effects, a meeting spot for outsiders, animal handling/feeding/training (and most of all, a way to keep them the .... away from battle without having to set a noncombatant as their master), and so on.

Yetei

Quote from: RazorHed on September 07, 2016, 09:45:03 AM
I'll bet it involves more traits like

Serial Killer
Pet Beater
Thief
Torturer
Poops Anywhere

This sounds actually awesome....