[Request] SCP Foundation Mod

Started by LegendaryMilkman, March 15, 2014, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendaryMilkman

Hello everyone!

I know this might be a bit too early to make such a mod, but I was thinking maybe someone could a mod related to the SCP Foundation? In the mod the ship could be carrying important SCPs and it suddenly crashes due to a containment breach, you land, build a basic site, and contain all the SCPs as prisoners (who could randomly come by pods or randomly spawn on the map), after you contain a few, you could research things such as making MTF squads, advanced containment methods (new walls, specialized turrets, better armor) and actually communicate or work with certain SCPs.

I would definitely do this myself, but I have very minimal experience with modding and I have never used code in my life, if anyone wants to try this out, please, feel free to take the idea for yourself, or add me and I could help you out with expanding the idea.

Architect

A fellow SCP enthusiast! :D If no one takes this up by the time alpha three comes out, consider it done, the 173 would always be the main one ;)
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Motorkingpus

Quote from: Architect on March 16, 2014, 08:22:48 AM
A fellow SCP enthusiast! :D If no one takes this up by the time alpha three comes out, consider it done, the 173 would always be the main one ;)
I'd imagine SCP-127 would make a unique weapon.

Architect

Quote from: Motorkingpus on March 16, 2014, 09:37:46 AM
Quote from: Architect on March 16, 2014, 08:22:48 AM
I'd imagine SCP-127 would make a unique weapon.

I forget which one that is now, the living gun or the regenerative tree?

Edit:
Actually, a tree would not really make a weapon, and I just checked its the living gun XD

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

TimMartland

What about the one that moves when your not looking? How do you know where a colonist is looking?
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Architect

Quote from: TimMartland on March 16, 2014, 12:23:24 PM
What about the one that moves when your not looking? How do you know where a colonist is looking?

No idea XD As I said though, I'd love to give it a shot :P

Delta_Com

How about SCP-50-AE-J? I'd love to see that in action

LegendaryMilkman

I'm so glad you all like the idea! I personally would like it if you guys truly try it, if you started out with the basic, most famous SCPs, such as 682, 173, 914, 106, etc. They all provide unique challenges and most would seem a bit easy to implement with a few modifications to health, look, and spawn.

Architect

Quote from: LegendaryMilkman on March 16, 2014, 02:22:43 PM
I'm so glad you all like the idea! I personally would like it if you guys truly try it, if you started out with the basic, most famous SCPs, such as 682, 173, 914, 106, etc. They all provide unique challenges and most would seem a bit easy to implement with a few modifications to health, look, and spawn.

Seem easy and are easy are two incredibly different things XD Nothing is ever as easy as 'just'. The more I think about this, the more I realise that a lot of the coolest stuff which people would recognise as intrinsically SCP is well beyond my own capabilities.

LegendaryMilkman

Believe in yourself! People want to see this from what I'm seeing in this thread!  ;D

StorymasterQ

The SCPs are way to diverse, I think, to conceivably be coded into a (somewhat) established game like RW. It would be easier IMHO to make a new game with a new engine.

That said, I'd shudder to think 682 showing up as a Raider. I mean, even the Foundation's best can only contain it, and sometimes not even that. I don't think a measly Lee-Enfield can go against that.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

LegendaryMilkman

Quote from: StorymasterQ on March 16, 2014, 09:49:11 PM
The SCPs are way to diverse, I think, to conceivably be coded into a (somewhat) established game like RW. It would be easier IMHO to make a new game with a new engine.

That said, I'd shudder to think 682 showing up as a Raider. I mean, even the Foundation's best can only contain it, and sometimes not even that. I don't think a measly Lee-Enfield can go against that.

I would gladly go ahead and make my own game, but I hardly have any experience coding, making textures, etc. I'm doing a video game development class so hopefully that will help me out a bit, thanks for the input. Hopefully someone can try and tackle this beast.