Most raiders at one time I have had

Started by Serrate Bloodrage, March 16, 2014, 01:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serrate Bloodrage

Had a group of 20ish raiders drop in, followed immediately by another group of raiders. Within seconds of each other they commenced their attacks (I play Randy Random). So I did my usual defensive setup of 4 M24's in the back, another 12 armed with a mix of Uzi, M16 and R4's, and finally a couple of shotguns for those that make it to close. I have another 8 colonists standing by to replace anyone who falls and to evac any wounded.
Only had two slightly injured...I think the Raiders should arm themselves better before trying to mess with the stoic members of Wargarble Colony again, or bring more men!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D

harpo99999

in my current modded game on cleo, I had two back to back raids, the first had over eighty bodies killed (from the raiders no colonists injured)(and I did not get a count but it was more than could be doubleclick selected), the second left a total balance of 150 bodies before the raiders retreated

Serrate Bloodrage

Oh wow! That puts the attack on me to shame! How many colonists do you have?

deadbeat88

you haven't seen worse. Try same number but with 2-4 frag grenade throwers, they will decimate your entire base.
Whatever you do, don't do it!

Serrate Bloodrage

Frag grenade guys drop pretty fast under the concentrated firepower. I have a backup turret on the left in the screen shot which only hits grenadiers, just in case they do get close...Im thinking of putting some additional turrets inside my base, just to up the numbers of the competition...in over 700 days I think Ive only lost one colonist to battle

Ozymandias

You guys have a lot more patience than I do. I usually quit at about 150 days because my population stagnates and I get raided by these grenadiers that claim many skilled workers who never get replaced.

If there was at least some structured means to repopulate the colony, this would be much more endurable. But when the prospect of increasing the population is entirely up in the air, it could take anywhere from a few days to a few months before the opportunity arises to arrest or purchase a new colonist, it becomes difficult to endure.

And on top of all of this, the battle mechanics are borderline moronic. I often find colonists running head first into the line of fire.

Serrate Bloodrage

If you play Randy Random your problem will be trying to keep your population at a manageable size. I often get people turn up and join for no good reason. I order then to the edge of the map to stand guard until they have a mental break.
How do you arm your colonists? If you put a shotgun or two near the front line they will destroy grenadiers. The range on a shotgun means the only really fire on pistol, shotgun and molotov/frag users.

harpo99999

Quote from: Serrate Bloodrage on March 16, 2014, 08:36:13 AM
at that time in the game I only had approx 16, but did have a designed raid shread zone that had 2 of the incendury turrets,3 disco turrets and approx 36 of the leathal energy turrets with a stone wall baffel strictore with the internal walls only one stone deep and theexternals two stones deep, and the turrets and colonists (behind the turrets and empenage walls (two deep)) shot away (completely removed) the baffells for three layers while chasing the second of the mega raids and the total retrating members from the two mega-raids were about 5 (they had not got to the firing area when the rest of the raid died)(just doublechecked the energy turret count and it was 41 not the 36 I thought it was) but I removed the incendury turrets and added two disco turrets and another six energy turrets and now the raider deathballs need to be trippled to even manage to damage ONE of the turrets)

Serrate Bloodrage

See thats why I have to add some unpowered turrets inside my base I think. Need someone more random than Randy, he follows the rules. Stupid rule following Randy

Quasarrgames

Can we get a zoom-out screenshot of the whole colony please? Would love to see the entire anti-raider setup.
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Serrate Bloodrage

You are seeing all the defences lol. Here is a zoomed out image. I have shaped the approach to funnel them but other than that, it's as you see it.

Add: I hope you were asking me lol. I'm not sure exactly how Harpo does it. Mine is really simple and open compared to what I see most people using. If you didn't notice, I have two spots where I have prioritised slag to be kept. The raiders gather at them, which puts them in range of certain weapon systems.

harpo99999

I usually just put a stone wall on the small opening in the long thick wall when I get a raider notice so that the raiders have to go into the maze baffles to get into the base

keylocke

Quote from: harpo99999 on March 16, 2014, 05:59:22 PM
Quote from: Serrate Bloodrage on March 16, 2014, 08:36:13 AM
at that time in the game I only had approx 16, but did have a designed raid shread zone that had 2 of the incendury turrets,3 disco turrets and approx 36 of the leathal energy turrets with a stone wall baffel strictore with the internal walls only one stone deep and theexternals two stones deep, and the turrets and colonists (behind the turrets and empenage walls (two deep)) shot away (completely removed) the baffells for three layers while chasing the second of the mega raids and the total retrating members from the two mega-raids were about 5 (they had not got to the firing area when the rest of the raid died)(just doublechecked the energy turret count and it was 41 not the 36 I thought it was) but I removed the incendury turrets and added two disco turrets and another six energy turrets and now the raider deathballs need to be trippled to even manage to damage ONE of the turrets)

ah it seems that you were using mods instead of just vanilla?

'coz there's plenty of advantages when using mods. ie : more turret variety, blast walls, target practice, embrasures, etc.. to name some of the mods that can give some players unfair advantages over players only using vanilla. the enemy AI is already quite exploitable in vanilla so when you add mods into the mix, the raider threat becomes practically insignificant.  ;D

i also tried the mods some time ago, but i felt like keeping it would have caused quite a huge imbalance to the game (mods have the tendency to make the players OP, like if you modded heavily on skyrim or fallout)

ie : players can make a mod that creates blast proof sandbags with high cover values; turrets with a high rate of fire, high damage, incendiary damage, low production cost, and low energy consumption; target practice areas that gives high XP rate to easily train colonist's shooting skills to 20; etc..

so i'm probably gonna stick to the graphical enhancement mods or the mods that only addresses some problems in the vanilla gameplay mechanics. (unless i'm just playing it for teh lulz. haha)

UrbanBourbon

52 in one go.

Serrate Bloodrage

I haven't gotten anywhere near that number. I wonder whether it's Randy, my number of colonists, or turrets...
I have 3 turrets and 24 colonists.