[A15C] - Small Bug - Pawn "Capable Of All" Incapable Of Melee Attacks

Started by nccvoyager, September 06, 2016, 03:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nccvoyager

I was defending against a raid while a trade caravan was in my defense area.
The trade caravan became hostile, and I had to wipe out both the trade caravan, and the pirates.
I could not rescue the trade caravan animals, so I decided to attack the trader animals to death.

I discovered that pawn Malone (incapable of none) was incapable of melee attacking the trader animals.

Some testing revealed the following:
Malone unable to melee attack with ranged weapon equipped.
Malone unable to melee attack with no weapon equipped.
Malone able to melee attack with melee weapon equipped.
Other pawns able to melee attack with ranged weapon equipped.
Pawn Malone is unable to melee attack any animal.

(Did not try on raiders. Decided to just keep playing after making this save file.)

Compressed Save Game Attached; .zip format
Truncated output_log.txt attached; following repeated and removed:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

BestAttackTarget with Oliver who has no attack verb.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Ark

Oh wow. He literally has no hands or fingers left. He has a simple prosthetic arm on the right shoulder, everything else is removed or shot off. I guess you need fists to hit people without a melee weapon. I wonder how he pulls the trigger on that gun.

I suggest that you rename him as the Black Knight.

Edit: Oliver and Malone are handless. If set to fight enemies undrafted and without a weapon, they try to melee attack, and fail, producing the errors nccvoyager mentioned.
Poked about a bit, and you need at least one finger to melee someone without a weapon.

To reproduce, cut off a pawn's fingers with apply damage dev tool, set to fight, spawn a pirate next to him. Will throw errors without a weapon.

nccvoyager

Holy crap. I... Actually didn't realize that.
Now I agree with you. How the heck does he pull the trigger on that gun?
I don't feel this is intended, though.
In real life, with no fingers, you can't really shoot a gun. (Without a prosthetic, ironically.)
But, you can beat someone with your stump.

On a related note; with no fingers, how can he use swords and spears?  I mean, I guess he could just have another colonist tie the weapon to his prosthetic...

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created