What to do about a mod conflict

Started by animagus_kitty, September 07, 2016, 06:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

animagus_kitty

So the issue I'm having is with Miscellaneous_Objects and Extended Woodworking.
For some reason, Objects interferes with whatever it is that determines what materials it takes to build anything, base game or otherwise. Woodworking on its own shows 60 wood for a chair, 2 steel for a conduit, and whatever steel and components a solar panel normally needs.

Loading the mod Miscellaneous Objects (Core, Misc_Core, Misc_MapGeneration loading first) either before or after Extended Woodworking causes me to see (and this is just a guess) the normally-required materials for whatever object I mouse over first (be it a door or a conduit or what have you) for EVERY object.
And it's not a tool-tip error--a battery actually only requires 25 generic wood. A conduit actually requires 25 generic wood. A solar panel actually requires 25 generic wood.
Or 1 steel, the time I moused over a conduit first.

NOTE:: Any instructions to mess with files must be detailed--I haven't got any idea how to do it. So if your solution involves...well, modding the mods, be clear and detailed.

EDIT:: Evidently, Objects just doesn't work for me. Deactivating Objects, with any/all of my other mods (including Woodworking) shows everything accurately, but when Objects is on without Woodworking, I can't see any materials at all. Nothing shows in that spot in the box in the architect menu.