Animated gif images?

Started by hendrikpfaff, September 07, 2016, 12:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendrikpfaff

Is it possible to use animated gif images for weapon texures so it looks better on my new upcomming mod?

Master Bucketsmith

I don't believe so.
And the only way to simulate animation is rather comprehensive through C#, according to what I read around the forum.

RawCode

there are zillion gif players for unity, please use google.

hendrikpfaff

Master Bucketsmith is helpfull..
Your not RawCode.
i ment if there whas any way of using animated gifs as weapons and there whas nothing on google about it so thats why i asked thanks for nothing  ;)

RawCode

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 08, 2016, 11:19:54 AM
Your not RawCode.
i ment if there whas any way of using animated gifs as weapons and there whas nothing on google about it so thats why i asked thanks for nothing  ;)

my answers are never "helpful" in "do it for me" or "spoonfeed me" threads, sad story.

if you need "good" answer, you should at least try to implement thing you are asking for, provide some proof of your own work, perform some research and post results, do at least something.
It does not matter what you did and what results your got, just try.

asking other people work for you will not work in most cases, recipe for you is
~3 hooks
second link from google
"gizmo" keyword for injection points

mrofa

Quote from: RawCode on September 08, 2016, 05:39:44 PM
Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 08, 2016, 11:19:54 AM
Your not RawCode.

my answers are never "helpful" in "do it for me" or "spoonfeed me" threads, sad story.

if you need "good" answer, you should at least try to implement thing you are asking for, provide some proof of your own work, perform some research and post results, do at least something.
It does not matter what you did and what results your got, just try.

asking other people work for you will not work in most cases, recipe for you is
~3 hooks
second link from google
"gizmo" keyword for injection points

Nahh rawie he only need one detour and a program to chop gif into png images.
All i do is clutter all around.

RawCode

if we talking about same method, hooking it will break other UI mods, only rendering methods should be hooked, not entire routine.

mrofa

Verse.PawnRenderer.DrawEquipment, only that one and settings with comp/thingdef
Should break UI mods unless they use renderer insted of def for some odd reason :P
All i do is clutter all around.