[Mod Request] Cryptocurrency Systems

Started by Ramsis, September 07, 2016, 01:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Okay so I know it's a bit odd to post a mod request for something so silly but I am in need of a modder who wants to take a crack at making fully functional cryptocurrency systems to RimWorld.

Now what I mean by this is adding in the hardware, the currency generation, scaling upgrades and tech, research, whole 9 yards.

We can build advanced machinary after basic research done by sitting at a table for a week, I'm pretty sure being able to craft a really low grade computer to slowly mine for Bitcoins isn't too out of the scope of RW lore and slapping some steel and components early on seems rather doable.

So some side ideas:

This mod should expand as the player plays for longer. A colony should be able to upgrade slowly over time to keep up with needs, meaning if I start with a potatoe computer shortly after crashing, by the time I'm five years in having a dedicated cooled server building shouldn't be that surprising.

If you have a rough idea of making something in game modular why not sit down and make a bunch of computer options? Take a basic computer, spend time upgrading it with new parts, eventually throw that out for a nicer and newer computer.

Feel free to sneak in varying cryptocurrencies. Want to mine basic bitcoins that take forever but have a high payout? Having fun with a bunch of low end computers? Why not mine some Dogecoin? You'll have thousands of Dogecoin worth a total of four silver in a day if you're lucky! Etc etc.

Heating, mining is a hot process with PC and server based operations; do your research and you'll see what I mean. If you have one computer mining that's okay, should be fine. You suddenly have a small room with seven or eight computers mining at the same time expect hell to break loose heating and electric wise.

If you know how to make the value of something change please feel free to introduce varying values for the coins themselves. Maybe Bitcoin will rise today in value, oops nope it dropped! Well I'll sell them later!

If you really want to be fancy about it maybe introduce an option for ordering with coins; would open a shop tab and you'll get a delivery of whatever option as long as you pay for it with your currency. Could easily tie this into a trading system for the coins to silver as well.

Just some thoughts, I'd personally love to see a nice geeky mod to work with as a side distraction while my colonists are off doing their thing. Mining is mostly automated once it gets started up so place and forget... until your computer bursts into flames...

If you need an artist or two just let me know, I have a few who owe me favors.

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Tirpitz

I don't think this would really make sense because in rimworld you don't use currency. You use resources and trading. There is no currency backed up by gold and supported by governments. It would be really cool if you added a currency system tho. Imagine how cool it would be to add your own custom currency to the game.

Archadeas

I like this idea, Rimcoin could easily be an exchangeable semi currency, like gold, but focused as a currency instead of material, maybe have ships carry it as well and over time it can maybe use a setup to have deliveries dropped on an orbital trade beacon from a "Rimcoin Supply Comm" work table. Flash drives could be used to store varied amounts for easier storage in sets of 100, 500, 1000, etc.
Instead of getting 1 after a lot of work, you can also make "Fragments" and need to get at least 500 before a "Coin" is made, though it takes less time, it means a likely more steady rate, especially for larger setups and combats losing progress when power runs out, that's just an idea though.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?