Mac users: Where is your save data

Started by Tynan, June 10, 2016, 04:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Mac users, in what folder (under Library) is your save data for RimWorld stored?

I'm trying to figure out where Unity is putting the data and getting inconsistent results.

Ideally, someone would be able to delete any existing data folder and restart the game, then see where the fresh data is. Apparently Unity does some weird back-compatibility thing with old paths.

Thanks!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Songleaves

My save data is in User/Library/Caches/Rimworld/Saves

makapse

My save is User/Library/Application support/Rimworld/Saves

Songleaves

That's where my saves used to be. At some point they disappeared and showed up in my caches folder.

infinitewarp

Since you mention the compatibility thing, I seem to remember this location changing some time ago, but I couldn't find any evidence of that. Maybe I'm thinking of another game...

On both Mac OS X 10.11 and 10.10, RimWorld has been saving data to ~/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/. In that directory, I have:
~/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config
~/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Saves
~/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Worlds

On my current 10.11 system, I torched the RimWorld folder and verified that it was recreated with those subdirectories in the same place. Mods like PrepareCarefully appear to be dropping their config folders in there too.

I haven't seen anything show up for RimWorld in the Caches directory on either of my two systems.

TangoCharlie

Found this post while trying to figure out why my saves had disappeared.

Apparently, when I ran Rimworld on Sunday, it was saving to:
User/Library/Application support/Rimworld/Saves

Now, this evening, for no reason I can discern, Rimworld is now looking for saves in and saving to:
User/Library/Caches/Rimworld/Saves

The only thing I can think of that might have made game behave differently is that I opened the "Mods" tab in the main menu and poked around. I also opened the application package to see where mods are supposed to go. In both cases, though, I didn't change anything. But maybe some flag got triggered or something? Dunno. Hope that helps.
:|
Mac OS X 10.7, Rimworld v 0.15.1284 rev903 (in both cases)