Ocean Colony Ideas

Started by Draegon, September 07, 2016, 06:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draegon

I was thinking about how currently we cannot make a colony in the ocean at all and I know it makes no sense to have a colony in the middle of the ocean, why not add archipelagos? It would be really cool to have a colony on an island or island chain. It could also add new incidents such as hurricanes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions which could spawn more land (or destroy your stuff but make the dirt richer or make it stone), sea pirates,  water creatures coming onto land or something, maybe something could attack swimming pawns when they're in the water. Bridges could be added along side this to be built across water, requiring more materials for deep water. Fishing could be added with islands as well and so could growing sea plants for food. Windmills could have a water variant perhaps. There could be different types of islands too, such as tropical, desert, Icy rock, constantly active volcano? (cold grenades or water based weapons could cool lava for a certain amount of time or maybe add an artifact for it). Feel free to post your thoughts or ideas for things like this here!

Serenity

Too much at once. As a first step into that direction costal areas in existing biomes can be fleshed out. Like some activities with the water. Fishing, swimming, sea predators like sharks, relaxing at the beach.

Draegon

I wonder how sharks would work in game IF added, like would it just show the fin when they're in water? Also crabs would be cool, they could be hunted like any other animal but would spawn out of the coastal water.

MeowRailroad

Another simple improvement to the beaches would be to make them wider, because they feel a little too small and almost like an afterthought.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Lightzy

With the drugs update we're one step closer to a proper beach party too.

But how are boomboxes not a thing yet?

Draegon

Quote from: Lightzy on September 07, 2016, 10:42:47 PM
With the drugs update we're one step closer to a proper beach party too.

But how are boomboxes not a thing yet?
Music in general would be epic to have, jukeboxes and instruments would be so nice.

eisenkrote

Logic circuits. Add those to the game and all things are possible.