Does prosthophobe stack?

Started by kahlzun, July 30, 2015, 10:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kahlzun

I've recently recruited a colonist with prosthophobe, whose leg and eye were shot off/out.
He seems perfectly happy with his peg leg, but I am considering taking the mood penalty to replace the eye.
After that, might as well go all the way and replace legs etc.

I can manage a -12 penalty, but my concern is if the -12 penalty stacks repeatedly for each limb, it will rapidly get untenable.

Anyone know for sure?
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Coenmcj

hmm, not quite sure on this one, Try to avoid prostophobes myself, treat them like anti-vaxxers and just let them suffer their own misfortunes. as after all... they never asked for this (Augments and bionics!)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

kahlzun

Just done a quick test with the dev tools on a 'test' colony i keep around, and they are not bothered by Simple prosthetics or 'peg legs', but anything with the word 'bionic' will upset them.
Additionally, the penalty is only applied once, regardles of how many bionic parts are applied.
I guess i will think of it as just another type of 'pessimistic' and install the hardware.
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Coenmcj

Sounds like a good way to go about it.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

christhekiller

Yeah in general unless you are desperate for colonist then I'd just recommend executing/ freeing prostophobes. I really try to avoid anyone with a mood debuff like that.

b0rsuk

So unlike Prostophile, Prostophobe has absolutely no upside ? I can think of a few.
+ Prostophobe would be happy if no one in sight has bionic limbs or eyes
+ Prostophobe would get accuracy bonus against enemies who have bionic implants.
Long story short, they would be bigots, but potentially useful bigots

Tumuel

Quote from: kahlzun on July 30, 2015, 11:22:59 PM
they are not bothered by Simple prosthetics or 'peg legs', but anything with the word 'bionic' will upset them.
I am pretty sure scyther blades and power claws also upset prosthophobes, I always look at them as both being basically bionics anyway, but there you go...

Aristocat

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 31, 2015, 11:19:56 AM
So unlike Prostophile, Prostophobe has absolutely no upside ? I can think of a few.
+ Prostophobe would be happy if no one in sight has bionic limbs or eyes
+ Prostophobe would get accuracy bonus against enemies who have bionic implants.
Long story short, they would be bigots, but potentially useful bigots

All traits are like that. Hardworker increase work speed while lazy decrease work speed. You obviously want prostophile, industrious, jogger.

b0rsuk

Quote from: Aristocat on July 31, 2015, 11:56:42 AM
All traits are like that. Hardworker increase work speed while lazy decrease work speed. You obviously want prostophile, industrious, jogger.
Prostophile you mentioned gives a -5 mood penalty: "Lacks a bionic body part". But when you you install one, it becomes a boon instead of hindrance. So no, not all.

Kaballah

As of A11 it does, yes, but previously it didn't.  I'm hoping the trend is to make traits be a bit less blatant minmax fodder than many of them currently are, with some being really obviously bad and some being really obviously great.