[A16] Additional Joy Objects v1.6 (1/4/2016)

Started by Love, December 24, 2016, 09:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueTressym

Hello.  This is the first time I've tried to directly get a mod from the forum rather than through the Steam Workshop.  I tried to download this (through my browser) and it said 'Complete' but I cannot find it anywhere.  Where do mods download to when downloaded from here?  It hasn't appeared on my Mod List, it isn't in 'Downloads', and a search of my entire C drive has not turned it up.  It didn't offer me any option as to download destination and no indication of where it was putting it.  I'm using Chrome as my browser, in case that's a factor. 

AngleWyrm

Quote from: BlueTRessym on April 09, 2017, 07:44:08 PM
Where do mods download to when downloaded from here?

In Chrome, hit [CTRL]-J to jump to the downloads window, and then click on where it says "show in folder." That will take you to the folder where the file was downloaded to.

From there, open the *.zip file and there should be a single folder visible in it. That's the mod; drag it into your [Path-to-Rimworld]/Mods folder
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

thomaswel

Anyone know a workaround for the broken save related to the saving of game with bookcase upgrades on map.

I have a hardcore save so cannot revert. is there any way to remove the offending object prior to load? I'm seeing if there is any way to edit the save file, but my mind was blown, anyone with better understanding than me able to walk me through it?

It's my best most successful world :( I miss Red, and the cats, and the army of attack boomrats (they aren't alive any more for obvious reasons)

Kassidoo

Quote from: thomaswel on May 12, 2017, 06:18:30 AM
Anyone know a workaround for the broken save related to the saving of game with bookcase upgrades on map.

I have a hardcore save so cannot revert. is there any way to remove the offending object prior to load? I'm seeing if there is any way to edit the save file, but my mind was blown, anyone with better understanding than me able to walk me through it?

It's my best most successful world :( I miss Red, and the cats, and the army of attack boomrats (they aren't alive any more for obvious reasons)

I think you best bet would be to into the save-file and delete anything relating to bookcases. Make a backup of the save, open the file and do a Ctrl+f of every instance of bookcase and delete it
If you are on windows the save files are located in Appdata/LocalLow/LudeonStudios/Saves, on mac I dont know.

rambo

kaptain_kavern

You can find the A17 version [ur=https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32190#msg329351l]here[/url]

Edit : here