[B18] Superior Crafting B18: Back from the nether! (Test Version)

Started by smarrazzo, April 14, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smarrazzo

Quote from: Canute on April 24, 2018, 01:59:54 PM
Or i add MealJerky below kibble at the <thingDefs> list, and move the mod below SC.

But it is ok to add the jerky to the rawfood.
You don't have any nutri gain from making jerky. Maybe you add some wood to the recipe list.
The electrical cook stove don't got any smoke anymore and need some extra source.
You mean adding some raw wood to the recipe list in the cook stove or both ?
Im not sure i'm getting your point...

Canute

You can made Smoked meat at the Simple grill (wood fuel) and Cook stove (electrical).
But like the name said, you need smoke.
Sure you can burn the meat to get smoke (but that taste awful). At modern kitchen stoves, you just put a stick/log of aromatic wood into it and one side get mechanical or electrical burned to generate smoke.
I think 1 wood to 10 meat are ok.
Or you just remove the smoked meat recipes from cooked stoves and people need to keep the simple grill if they want keep it.

smarrazzo

Quote from: Canute on April 24, 2018, 04:59:40 PM
You can made Smoked meat at the Simple grill (wood fuel) and Cook stove (electrical).
But like the name said, you need smoke.
Sure you can burn the meat to get smoke (but that taste awful). At modern kitchen stoves, you just put a stick/log of aromatic wood into it and one side get mechanical or electrical burned to generate smoke.
I think 1 wood to 10 meat are ok.
Or you just remove the smoked meat recipes from cooked stoves and people need to keep the simple grill if they want keep it.
Well i think thats a too refined feature to add in a game like that, unless its a mod/game about cooking (and this is not the case).
I added the smoked meat to the stove for the sake of giving a sense of progression and gameplay smoothness, in which the player is being capable of making oblolete recipes even with the new hardware.
I did the same thing with the crafting table and the fueled smithy in which the player is capable of crafting all the obsolete melee weapons in the powered crafting table
having an improved effeicency without having to built the old buildings in order to craft them.

BlackSmokeDMax

Hi all who use this mod. Just dropping a note to say I have made a compatibility patch to use Balanced Neutroamine Production along with Superior Crafting.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33916.0

My mod changes Balanced Neutroamine Production to actually need research before having the ability to plant Neutroaleaf. It is set to use the same research as Superior Crafting Requires for Devilstrand. Balanced Neutroamine Production already requires research to refine the Neutroaleaves into Neutroamine or craft them into herbal, so no changes there. The refining research already seemed in a decent spot with a fair amount of research required from the base mod, so I left that alone as well.

Did it a few days ago and just realized I spaced it and forgot to put notes about my compatibility mod here on this thread. I did put the note on the Steam workshop page.

Anyway, for all who may be interested, please enjoy!