Give mood buff "Justice served" when executing prisoners instead of mood debuff

Started by itchylol, September 09, 2016, 05:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Quote from: CannibarRechter on September 14, 2016, 09:03:13 AM
I just shoot all downed pawns in the head on the battlefield, myself. Anyway, in human societies of all types and throughout a good chunk of history until very recently, it was pretty common to capture the bad guys, have a show trial, and Hang 'Em High. That is if summary executions didn't happen, instead.
We now officilly need a gallows building.
And some mood reworking.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

deslona

New Misc spot:
Trial area (1x1)

Operates on a similar theme to marriage. Colonists gather around and the pawn 'on trial' stands on the spot. A pawn with the social (warden) skill stands and have a 'deep thought' conversation. There is a roll depending on the wardens skill, then there may (or may not) be an execution. If there is an execution (performed by the warden), it would be using the same mechanic as 'slaughter an animal'.
If there is no execution then there may be a buff or debuff depending on the pawn on trial and their actions/social relationship with other pawns and kill/injury history.
Who said anything about only prisoners being on trial? :P

Thirite

I'm not sure having "Justice served" be a faction specific thing would make the most sense. Why would it only apply to pirates and not raiders from hostile factions? I think it would be better to just have the game check if they killed one of your pawns.

CannibarRechter

Well, the Pirates are proforma irredeemable within the game. You cannot, for example, improve your relationships with them by releasing prisoners. It therefore does not seem reasonable that you cannot kill them after they are captured, although I am somewhat entertained by the notion that we could have a gallows and a show trial with any raider.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects