[Mod request] tamed animals able to use the nutrient paste dispenser

Started by arkcane, September 10, 2016, 12:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkcane

I would really like a mod that lets my tamed animals use the nutrient paste dispenser so I can feed them better and faster then meals but also without them having to eat for half the day.

or be able to stockpile nutrient paste without all of the micro so that I can feed it to my pigs =)

Master Bucketsmith

arkcane

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16924.0

Hay isnt bad, but only works if you have a lot of space to grow things, also my pigs are spending a lot of time eating (due to eating not full do things then have to eat right after anyway) and not hauling, it would also be nice to concentrate down their food to something more useful, that takes up less space. also having a way to stockpile nutrient paste would give me a way to make an emergency food stockpile for those toxic fallouts and such.

I dont know what is possible with how the code works now but a bill on nutrient paste dispenser, allowing me to make x nutrient paste would work also i dont know if that would mess with how it works now (prisoners able to use it).
or
an object that "uses" the machine making a pile of it so that they can be hauled by the stack.
or
allowing animals to use the dispenser but after thinking about it that probably creates more problems due to how animals seem to behave about food

christianmc1101

Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: arkcane on September 10, 2016, 02:10:48 PM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16924.0

Hay isnt bad, but only works if you have a lot of space to grow things, also my pigs are spending a lot of time eating (due to eating not full do things then have to eat right after anyway) and not hauling, it would also be nice to concentrate down their food to something more useful, that takes up less space. also having a way to stockpile nutrient paste would give me a way to make an emergency food stockpile for those toxic fallouts and such.

I dont know what is possible with how the code works now but a bill on nutrient paste dispenser, allowing me to make x nutrient paste would work also i dont know if that would mess with how it works now (prisoners able to use it).
or
an object that "uses" the machine making a pile of it so that they can be hauled by the stack.
or
allowing animals to use the dispenser but after thinking about it that probably creates more problems due to how animals seem to behave about food

I see. :)

YokoZar

Canute

Did you ever tried the Replimat mod ?
It is basicly an adv. NPD, and comes with a Kibble dispenser too.
It accept Insect/human meat and produce non-cannibalistic food out of it.

YokoZar

Quote from: Canute on June 18, 2019, 06:14:42 AM
Did you ever tried the Replimat mod ?
It is basicly an adv. NPD, and comes with a Kibble dispenser too.
It accept Insect/human meat and produce non-cannibalistic food out of it.
I did not, it modifies way more than this simple vanilla thing.  It looks like the animals behave as desired with the Replimat Animal Feed dispenser at least.