Shouldn't you be happy to see me?

Started by lincore, September 11, 2016, 07:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincore

In my tribal colony lives a man called Gubia. People who don't know him very well would always ask why he is on edge all the time. He never gets aggressive, if he snaps he only gets naked and wanders around for a day or two. Still, there is something about him that really scares people. So I often sit down and explain:

There is this rival tribe, I forgot the name, something something Portuguese. Over the last year and a half, they sent multiple raid parties, inferiority complex or whatever other reason they may have. Gubia's brother Green was in one of the early ones, got shot in the head. A few weeks later an even bigger group showed up, lead by Banzo, Gubia's and Green's father. He got crushed in a trap. Now one would think they'd have learned their lesson, but apparently not everybody did. In early spring of the following year, Banzo's father Bear attacked with half a dozen men. I didn't know it was him, nor did I see him die, but Gubia did.
Finally, his mother Martina came to our doorstep, followed by ten men. Only this time, they came for her,. Of course we offered safety and fought off the pursuers.
Apparently she didn't know what happend to her family, she probably saw the graves, or Gubia was idiotic enough to tell her. But now she looks even more miserable than he does. Dr. Frog prescribed smokeleaf therapy, but I don't think that is gonna cut it. If she's as militant as the rest of her family, Gubia may end up as an orphan.
And I think he knows that.

ooc: Really?

Update:
Tiny, Commisar has gone berserk!
The final straw was: My son Green died.