Fort Macarena Succession Story

Started by s22190, September 10, 2016, 12:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s22190

In the Rimworld universe, colonies are born and die every day. Epic failures and mediocre success stories are as common as the flu.
In Aug 2016, 5 players, decided to take turn at playing the same game for one season, from a different pawn POV.  This is  their story.

Collaborators:

s22190 (Spring 5500) - Main Pawn: Zot Thaler, Mute Lesbian Colonist
Baloun (Summer 5500) - Main Pawn: Sabuto Hood, Neurotic Janitor
PotatoeTater (Fall 5500) - Main Pawn : Baker, Cardiac Drifter
Milon  (Winter 5500) - Main Pawn: Jono, Neurotic Construction Enginner
Jaxxa  (Spring 5501) - Main Pawn: Lucerio.
???? (Summer 5501) - Main Pawn: TBC.

Original thread https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24214.0

s22190

Spring 5500 records
Uploading Fort Macarena Chronicles...
Extracting readable data....

First Transmission Starts:

-Extract from the Diary of Thaler, Mute Lesbian and Colonist.
'I should have know this was a bad idea. They needed women on the outer Rimworlds for ''stuff'' (...) Even if I tried to explain to them (good luck as a mute) that a lesbian would not make the best candidate to ''increase'' the population of new colonies; they wouldn't listen. So I gave in. Money was good. One Standard Galactic year in and out they said. Shit even the name of the ship sounded crappy. Persecution. Great f-ing way to entice people to join.''

-Extract from the Diary of Saburo Hood. Ship Janitor of the Persecution
''Mop the corners, first diagonally yes, then horizontally yes, so they cannot see the pattern. See the pattern. Saburo knows what is good to stay low, yes. They must not find the pattern. The pattern is the code, the code is life. Yes. They must not see the pattern." * Mops floors frantically* Scratches his Neck aggressively.

-Extract from the Gibberish that is the Diary of Howard Copeland, Factory Worker.
'' Howard. Howard ? Howard Howard! Howard(...) Howard.''

-Extract from the diary of Hardship. The Dog. Why dogs have journals if they can't talk? Because fuck you. Thats why.
''Lights, loud noise ? What happening ? What is it ? Where is master ? Why hooman running ? Quick quick here ! Says Mop Human. Quick ! Follow Hooman. New Master. We go in Big Egg. Pshhhh light. Big Hooman here too with silent female hooman. Pshhh light. Crash!

Extracting readable data....

Second Transmission Starts:

-Extract from the Diary of Thaler, Colonist and leader that didn't want to become one.
'' Well I am fucked. I knew it. The ''Persecution'' went kapput and I barely escaped with a few other passengers.
So now its me, a guy that wont stop talking to himself that will probably try to murder me in my sleep and this big dumb dumb, who thanks to which ever f-ing deity you want to pray to is not aggressive.

And that dog that won't stop humping trees after trees. Anyhow. At least the planet has a breathable atmosphere. If I am able to set-up a radio, maybe I can teach dumb dumb enough words or coach Mr Crazy to hail our ship and get us out of there. So now we managed to get cozy in a few abandoned ruins got some seeds planted so we can grow food for a few days. I am on a break updating my diary but today I have been working the past hours on setting up a wind turbine that should... FUCK Crazy DUDE ! Don't touch it ! ... The wiring is ....

-Extract from Thaler's diary: FML.

Third Transmission Starts:
Extract from the diary of Howard Copeland, Dumb Dumb.
*Points at Rambo, visitor * ''Howard ? Howard !. Howard''. *Rambo Points at Howard* ''Rambo-Rambo ! Rambo !''. * They shake hands * *Rambo drops medical herbs* *Howard gives him 4 silver*

*Saburo and Thaler look at each other puzzled by what just occurred*

Fourth Transmission Starts:

-Extract from Saburo Hood Diary:

'' This place, has secret, yes. The secret of this place are secret. Yes. They shall be mine yes. But the others, the mute one and Dumb Dumb. They want them too. I must guard my secret yes. Hardship is a good dog but he will never hurt them yes. I need a new ferocious animal.  A new beast to train as a warrior yes. '' *Hood disappears into the bush. *

Rabid hare Attack

-Extract from the diary of Thaler:
'' WTF ! A Fucken Hare? Really ? WTF is wrong with this place ''

Fifth Transmission Starts:

Baker, Wanderer, Joins the colony

-Extract from the Diary of Baker:
''Now you must take it easy Baker. Don't push it too far Baker. That's what they all said when I got my diagnosis on my heart. Shit, I spend my life staying out of trouble, took a nice office job to live a long and happy life and now look where it got me ! Fuck them I said. I quit I said. Off to the wild I went. Bought a ticket to the Rimworlds and ended up here after a few odd and sod jobs. Last mother fucker I worked for let me stranded here but, still at least I am free. Free to Join who I want and where I want.

-Extract from the Diary of Hardship, dog. Yes the dog still has a diary. Fuck you.
''Stranger Approaches ! Stranger approaches! Must not like stranger ! *Stranger rubs Hardship's belly* ''Stranger is friend NOW !'

-Extract from the Diary of Thaler, Mute lesbian leader.
''So this dude showed up out of nowhere. Asked for food and place to stay for the night. Wasn't sure at first but then Hardship's was all over him, so why not ? It has been awhile anyway I haven't see a person that can talk with more than one word in a cohesive non-neurotic way. So fuck it. Hardship and Dumb dumb were sooo happy we got a new dude that they started dancing around. Baker (the dude's name) then started dancing too around as well. But he started doing that silly dance people used to do eons ago called ''Macarena''. Dumb Dumb got so excited when he saw that he keep pointing at it. I think he never saw it done before. Baker told Him its Called Macarena.

-Extract from Howard Diary:
''Howard ! Howard ! Howard ? Ho-mac. Homaca. Ho-Macarena. MACARENA ! MACARENA !

-Extract from Hood Diary:
''Yes Macarena ! Its a code !Yes the Stranger knows the code yes ! *Scratches neck frantically

-Extract from Baker Diary:
''These guys gave me quite welcome reception. Even if she is quite tough on the outside that girl is not too bad looking either. ''Say, what do you guys call this place ?''

-Extract from Thaler Diary:
''Before I can answer, Howard starts chanting MACARENA! MACARENA ! MACARENA. FML. Welcome to Fort Macarena, Mr Baker. 

.The Macarena Party.

Sixth Transmission Starts:
This place makes sane people go weird. Out of nowhere this dude charged us. If it wasn't for Hardship's barking we would never have noticed it. I was about to rise my rifle when out of nowhere that big Macarena goon charged and knock the wind right out of that dude. He must have been on somekind of drugs because he kept muttering: DONT STOP! BELIEVING! HOLD ON TO THAT FEELING!. Just in case more would come we took him prisoner. This place is weird. Lets get off that rock pronto, please.

Seventh Transmission Starts:

''I cannot believe it. That little twitchy Hood guy was up to something after all. For days now he was sitting on the bench he set up in the corner of the room and keep doing all these drawings and calculation. For awhile, I thought he lost his shit but now today he came out with some basic homemade tools, gave them to Dumb Dumb, gave him a few directions and then Dumb Dumb started mass producing bricks, corners, doors out of stone. These will come handy. Because Jono, our prisoner, started talking. Apparently this planet is not that deserted. We thought he was just a lunatic passing by. But he was here for a reconnaissance patrol. More will be coming soon. We will need defenses soon.

Eight Transmission Starts:

-Extract from Baker Diary:

''These people are nice but soooo weird. Today everything went black. A Goddamn eclipse. Nothing anormal there but it got the Twitchy abit nuttier than usual, when it started, he went around like a made rabbit and screaming ''They know ! They are commmmming for us ! '' and went hiding in his room while at the same time the big Guy wont stop doing the Macarena (I regret showing him that one). The little mute cutie just seems to have accepted that crazyness and just shakes her head in exasperation at the two others guys constant circus. Man this place is weird. Summer must be coming because its getting abit hot in here''

Heatwave. Thank Tynan for A/C

Ninth Transmission Starts:
-Extract from the diary of Jonathan, Jono, Dahl, Construction Engineer and reformed Pirate.

''Yes I was a murdered before. But oy ! A man has to make a living no ? Ain't no much job offers for construction engineers here you see. But after a few talk with that Baker dude and that other nice fellah, Hood (They call him Twitchy but he seems quite normal to me) * scratches neck* I figured out; well fuck it, yes they stabbed me but they patched me up and haven't tried to sell my organs to anyone so far  so fuck it. I'll help them out. They need a big wall to be built, so that fits right in with my sets of skills. As for the joy of killing and pillaging, well, I recon that with the kind of neighbours this place has, there will be plenty of that coming to us here.''

Jono' Stats. Another Neurotic. Thats what we needed. And he is an optimist masochist. CAN I HAVE ONE MORE SIR ? ''Slap'' THANK YOU SIR ! - Animal House.

Tenth Transmission Starts:

-Extract from Thaler's diary:
''More visitors today, they were dressed weird as fuck like those old ''Robinhood'' movies of old earth. But overall they were fine lads and I think....

-Extract form Howard Diary ''MACARENA!  Howard!. Macarena !''

-Extract from Thaler's diary: ''FML.''

Medieval Visitors.

End of Spring 5500 records

s22190

s22190

s22190

s22190

s22190

s22190

s22190

s22190