Hauling/Carrying is too Inefficient

Started by Dangime, September 10, 2016, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

code99xx

Vanilla hauling/stacking is just annoying ... especially stacking. Why cant herbal medicine stack is beyond me.

Anyway, solutions for now (at least in my case) are simple, mods. Ive got the quantum stockpile mod (or something like that) which solves most of my stockpile problems and then, a mod i cant play without anymore, Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots.

This little gem gives you hauling robots, cleaning robots and much more. I was struggling with hauling today, people were sick, had stuff all over ther place, food out of the freezer and so on, it was a mess, until an orbital trader passed and I bought 4 hauler robots and 2 cleaning robots ... Things improved drastically and good too cause atm im in a middle of a volcanic winter, winter, cold snap, malaria and power issues because 90% of my power is made with solar panels ... oh and when the volcanic winter came i thought I was in a good shape, had loads of batteries charged, disconnected from the main network (there were for emergency situations) ... then a short circuit happened and ... well, as i said, power issues :D

Dan_Backslide

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 13, 2016, 06:52:40 AM
Quote from: Dan_Backslide on September 12, 2016, 11:04:40 PM

Oh and one complaint I really need to make is that hay once bailed is essentially weather proof so having hay rot makes no sense.

This is only true if the Hay is kept dry. If a bale of hay or straw gets wet it rots like everything else.

Round bales, which is what hay that's in a max stack looks like, are by and large weather proof for a number of years.

sadpickle

I'm going to be honest, I've always had a beef with hauling in this game. It's bad enough hauling capacity is so limited, and you can never get a pawn to carry more than stacksize but a missing finger cuts the amount they can carry by 10%. It's bad enough you can't make a wheelbarrow for them to utilize. But then like half of the backstories just disable hauling altogether... So, I modded it so everyone can haul and carry, full stop. Manual priorities, most pawn have hauling and cleaning priority at 2, and anyone who's got crap skills or is an unessential worker has it set to 1. Things get done but there are still the inefficiencies like hunters leaving dead animals, two pawns walking to a 1-pawn haul job, etc. At least my colony doesn't look abandoned, and we're all squatters who never clean a goddamn plate.

Wishmaster

Hauling is quite inefficient and frustrating.

As you say pawns should be able to haul more than one apparel or weapons at once.

I would also suggest

• Hauling different items at once. When a pawn crosses half the map and picks up the 3 iron units remaining, sided by a lot of other stuff.

• Something like a hauling cart. You would manually move it somewhere to clear a distant battlefield. Pawns would load items in the cart, and unload it once back in your base.