[A15c] We have struck [minable resource]! messages don't re-appear after reload.

Started by Ark, September 11, 2016, 07:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ark

RimWorld 0.15.1284 rev905 (Alpha 15c) Linux 64 bit drm free. No mods.

Note: This bug is related to https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25921.0 ([A15c] Minable silver resources do not display a message when discovered.), which may affect testing.

I was testing the silver minable not producing a message bug, and noticed that the messages for jade and compacted machinery also do not appear if you discover the deposits, reload the save, and discover them again.

The game seems to retain the knowledge, that the deposit was already discovered.

I expect that when a game is loaded from a save, the situation is fully reset, and the mechanics will function the same way every time.

The attached save has a colonist set to expose jade, silver and compacted machinery deposits.

Repro:
-Load the save.
-Unpause, the miner exposes jade, silver, and compacted machinery. Jade and compacted machinery produce messages.
-Optional: quit to main menu.
-Reload the save.
-Unpause, the miner exposes jade, silver, and compacted machinery. None of the minables produce messages.

Quitting to OS, restarting the game and loading the save obviously resets the situation.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created