[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexander_q

I search "rimworld mars" every day when I get home from work. I check this thread, and the steam workshop page. Happy to see this reach page 49.

I check on this mod more often than I bathe.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: alexander_q on January 25, 2018, 04:09:46 AM
I search "rimworld mars" every day when I get home from work. I check this thread, and the steam workshop page. Happy to see this reach page 49.

I check on this mod more often than I bathe.

Hahaha, I know what you mean buddy. dubWise's mods are one of the few on my absolute must have lists, so I make sure I always keep them up to date and working properly. They are just so fucking awesome in every way, a complete package, essentially a DLC or expansion pack's worth of content. If I'm not mistaken, this is mostly all from one man himself too, no? Well there are two authors listed for this, so I will say congratulations to the two of you on some fantastic work. Keep it up, I am always blown away with everything that is given to us! ;D

EDIT: There would never be anyway for a regular RimWorld colony to have a "moon base" secondary colony that it could interact with that has MarsX running, but only for the space colony, would there?

Dubwise

with a lot of work its possible, i made a prototype but wont be attempting it, i don't think it makes sense for vanilla Rimworld. Your modders were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 25, 2018, 12:00:34 PM
with a lot of work its possible, i made a prototype but wont be attempting it, i don't think it makes sense for vanilla Rimworld. Your modders were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

I would imagine that you would definitely have to weigh it out beforehand, if all of the work is worth it. And like you said, probably not.

I can't remember if I asked you though, but I think you said you plan to work on MarsX next after Hygiene/Rimatomics since it uses both. But do you have any long term plans now that 1.0 has been announced? Like maybe, in a year from now after 1.0 has been out for X amount of time, you want to start working on some new systems, in either new mods or add to your existing? They of course do not have to be definite, but I am just curious as to what you think could be possible that you would create for us next! ;D

Dubwise

i'll probably finish v4 then just continue to polish up my mods and keep them updated with latest rimworld patches, I have lots of idea's for features or mods but there's a limit to the amount of time i can put in for free

Sarge

:o I never knew this existed. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and I'll have you know I've seen Titanic!

I gib mani, I lub you long tie! Wehn can haz?

Harry_Dicks

dubwise, I thought it would be cool if the guys behind Biomes! (who just released, oh my gosh is it beautiful) continue with their planned ideas and have an underwater biome, this is from their post:
Ocean Floor Plans
Underwater
New Ruins
Kelp Forests
Volcanic vents
Sunken Ships
Tanks of Air for use outside of the base
Various plants and animals
Gear for underwater use
New turrets and other security

But the idea is since you have a working air system for MarsX, maybe you guys could help each other out. It just crossed my mind that the two things you guys mention sound so similar :)

philip1

wow nice mod man!! ;D ;D ;D ;D , u can update to B18 ??  :o

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: philip1 on January 31, 2018, 08:39:53 PM
wow nice mod man!! ;D ;D ;D ;D , u can update to B18 ??  :o

I'm not trying to be rude, but c'mon dude. Read some of the posts here.

SzQ

Could we get dust storms for desert biome?

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Harry_Dicks

Can we get an idea of how many events/incidents come with the mod? I am assuming that a lot of the regular ones from vanilla are taken out. I've been on a "disease/event mod overhaul" binge the past couple days. So far, I've got Expanded Incidents and Diseases Overhauled working on B18, and along with all of the stuff that can happen from Rim of Madness, well my list of possible things that can happen has gotten pretty big. But I need more!

Any rough estimates on how many events/incidents can happen in MarsX compared to vanilla? Also, will you have a list or anything that shows what mods will work with it? I'm assuming that we shouldn't plan on bringing many content mods over to it? Or does everything still work, but if our pawns go "outside" they will need to be in a spacesuit? So that way when they are inside the base, I can still have my doctors wearing scrubs, foremen wearing construction vests, etc.

Is there any combat? Do you still get raided? If so, does that mean all raiders are in spacesuits? Will they try to "breach" your colony? And if that can happen, will the environment's gases get sucked out of it?

Darkfirephoenix

Time is running out. From the 15th this month on "Surviving Mars" gonna have complete control over my life :D

Harry_Dicks

Chance of any updates, please Mister Dubwise? ;D

Dubwise

Quote from: SzQ on February 11, 2018, 07:53:34 PM
Could we get dust storms for desert biome?

i started working on making that standalone but i didn't think anyone was interested compared to other mars features, it would basically just add the storms the dusty solar panels and the devils, maybe one day after mars v4 is finished.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 27, 2018, 05:13:38 PM
But the idea is since you have a working air system for MarsX, maybe you guys could help each other out. It just crossed my mind that the two things you guys mention sound so similar :)

sounds to me like its meant to work with vanilla rimworld as an actual extra biome, it would have to have a very simple air system like subnautica to make that playable in vanilla, and it would be grim if everyone just had a copy of my code and did exactly the same thing with it, better if people come up with their own solutions for their ideas so you don't just feel like you're playing a reskin of a reskin, like my rimatomics reactors aren't the only way to do it someone could make an easier one or one that's an accurate simulation, if you just say use this or that because it already exists then you're denying them any creativity, but then i guess that depends on if you are trying to just rush a mod out and move on or if you are making one because of the challenge and have your own ideas about how to do something.

As for updates i have been constantly getting sick as a dog since christmas like everyone it seems, colds and flu's that come back over and over and infections and just general yuk, so nothing new to show off, just been trying to keep on top of bugs in rimatomics and hygiene, weather is warming up now so frozen fingers crossed i won't get sick again and i can crack on with more B18 stuffs

Ankhar

hello, just wanted to say that im checking this page everyday too.

if u are reading this - bro, u are not alone.