[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 12, 2016, 04:32:31 PM
I disabled wind turbines since there's no real wind up there

Good to know, won't go looking for it! Plus it makes sense, if you are holding somewhat to Mars' actual physics(not quite the right word there) I believe.

BlueWinds

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 12, 2016, 12:05:01 PM
Quote from: Tig2 on September 12, 2016, 11:46:12 AM
Are you planing to add water managment? You know drinking. Ice harvesting, water pump ect...just to not relay on atmospheric condesers in big way?

Yes, waste recycling, using excess food as compost, harvesting ice crystals from rocks and soil, water tanks, showers, whole new irrigation grid. Plus everything that can go wrong with all of those. I cant promise any dates for all of this being finished though  :-X

I am super excited about this - is there any chance it could also be released standalone / for use with vanilla? A water / "ecology" mod has been my #1 wish since I first started playing.

Dubwise

maybe once i have finished most of the main stuff i'll take a crack at making parts modular

«Temple»

Or make a event that(Like in the movie martian) that causes a pressure destabilization and blow a wall off a building.

Dubwise

Quote from: Hunter00064 on September 12, 2016, 06:18:29 PM
Or make a event that(Like in the movie martian) that causes a pressure destabilization and blow a wall off a building.

already done

MintyFr3sh

I've just been playing with this mod and it is great  :D

Daedalus

Played it yesterday for a couple of hours. Great mod, I really like it.
At the moment it sometimes lacks of variations of events. Got 4 plumes in a row, so no electricity except from the RTG. Wasn't enough for light, heaters and stove, so my sole colonist lost all hope and locked herself in her room...

EldVarg

Quote from: Hunter00064 on September 12, 2016, 06:18:29 PM

That got me thinking on a catastrophic event that would slowly remove the air of a normal planet!

Tig2

After a couple hours of gameplay ther are a few lose ideas.

1. Light less work and material cost walls. They use aluminium frames and durable polymer. Tent like structure.
2. Aluminium flors
3. Copper for cabels and other electrical related stuff
4. Uses for rock chuks. Like trace amouts of minerals extraction. In grinding like mmchinery.
5. Plants generates O2 and CO2.
6. Rovers for exploration and transportation
7. NASA Supply drop event. Use rover to recovery. Plan expedition.
8. Psychological and mental health of lone survivor.
9. Biopolimers/bioplastic for long term colony. For bulding and stuff
10. Mycoprotein meat substitute. Fungal cultivatet in vats for meatlike protein substitute.
11. More shit to science it out!

Keep up the grate work. This is just some ideas throw out ther. Not some hardcore sugestions. Looking forwad to next update!
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

jecrell

Thanks for responding earlier. I guess my colonist must have been lazy. The medical information was helpful! I'm actually having fun playing this mod.

Sadly, my colony ran out of food too quickly and we had to resort to cannibalism to survive until the potatoes grew. I found out the butcher table is enabled, yet we can't use it because it requires wood. Can this be changed? Heh. ^^;;
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Muramas

I played the mod last night and I found I encountered a few issues that should be sorted out.

TLDR:
-Make things produce more (way more) heat (heaters, CO2 scrubbers, air gen, water generator)
-Make Smelter tech easier to get (maybe more slightly more steel drop at the start)
-Make  plume events happen less often
-More food drop at the start
-Make the water generator's light go out farther
-A power switch for the water generator

1) Not enough food dropped : I was running out just before I got my crops going and my guys were in a constant state of hunger and eating unfinished crops to not die.

2) Steel: Do to the change of Steel -> iron it means that you can get to a point where you can't build things until I finish smelting tech. I suggest that you lower the cost of smelter tech(or make it available right away) This is compounded by the fact that you don't get wood and you can only build things out of steel at the start.

3) Heat: Things need to produce more heat. My small room had a co2 scrubber, water generator, air generator, and a heater but I was still freezing in the winter. This was compounded by the issue that I had no steel left to build heaters.

3) Power: I saw that solar panels can now be made our of aluminum which helps a lot, I had enough power to get me started. The issue was that there were so many plumes that I kept running out of power. With the lack of steel I was unable to build any batteries and just could build more solar so that when it was day they would recharge as fast as possible so we can hold out a bit longer.

4) Power²: The new water generator had no way of turning it off or packing it. I built a second one so I could farm more food but in times when I needed to conserve power I wanted to shut the new one off but there was no other way then deconstructing it.

5) Food²: First off, I was running a garden mod which gave me snow peas. Snow peas are resistant to cold and don't die to freezing weather, without it I would of been dead asap. The water generator deployment in the original (1.0) I felt was a good balance and you didn't need to create soil from sand which is a pretty slow process. The new water generator suffered from the same issue on the original (1.0) where the light was not touching the outside edges. So the outside crops would usually die or grow really slow.

Dubwise

Thanks for all the feedback  :D
I have already fixed some things for the next patch, some of your ideas i'll add in, some i already had written down weeks ago its just a matter of getting through the todo list. My main focus is on fixing bugs, adding alerts and adding more incidents so you don't see plumes every day. Then i'll move on to adding more stuff and developing a new research system

Tig2

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 13, 2016, 10:28:37 AM
I have already fixed some things for the next patch, some of your ideas i'll add in, some i already had written down weeks ago its just a matter of getting through the todo list. My main focus is on fixing bugs, adding alerts and adding more incidents so you don't see plumes every day. Then i'll move on to adding more stuff and developing a new research system

Grate. Can we have a sneak peek into your todo list? So next time we don't repeat our ideas and suggestions?
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Muramas

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 13, 2016, 10:28:37 AM

If you need any feedback or troubleshooting, let me know. Love the project.

Morgloz

My mods:
RedistHeat