[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etherdreamer

Now I really insterested in this mod, and should be a normal scenario even in vanilla. I am a bit concerned about the challenges that it´s already in the normal Rim experiencies.

-There it´s an attacker / or xeno like thread?
-Creeping mold or xenofungus maybe? (Outpost 2, Sid Meier´s Alpha centauri)
-Weird space diseases?

I am not tested the mod yet but I will in some minutes, but I excited about what stuff it´s inside the mod.

SioxerNiki

Quote from: Domkrat282 on September 20, 2016, 02:16:04 AM
This may be interesting gameplay but game mechanics don't fit this, at least for now. Outside tasks are too common for this vision - warning alerts optimizing micromanagement but not removing it.
It is also unfinished so far. There is a lot of features planned to replace the horrors of the normal Rimworld with new ones as well as having more stuff to do for the colonists. It is essentially quite hard to make up new mechanics to replace the old lost ones.

Etherdreamer

Guys I need help, make a base with all the requirements for make it breathable, the pressure it´s over 14 and the o2 it´s over 4% but my pawns still get hypoxia. what are the correct %?

Dubwise

Quote from: Etherdreamer on September 20, 2016, 08:10:53 PM
Guys I need help, make a base with all the requirements for make it breathable, the pressure it´s over 14 and the o2 it´s over 4% but my pawns still get hypoxia. what are the correct %?

If the O2 level is over 11% then the pawns will be safe, also the bigger the room the longer it takes to fill, and if you mine too quickly the extra area created will thin out the air.

Etherdreamer

Thanks for the explanation, in the future we will see xenoplants and Xeno animals than could live in the vacuum?

Perhaps advanced suits than allows to "fight", when you want to add Vacuum riders / Xeno animal man hunters etc?

Dubwise

Just uploaded a patch v2.1.3

Fixed some pretty serious bugs with the mission system, everything should work correctly now

In the next patch i should be introducing a suit recharging station and O2 storage tanks, the suit recharging station has 2 buttons to set a HAB area and and EVA area, and one to assign it to a specific colonist.

You can select a colonist, right click the suit station and select Start EVA and they will go to the station and equip the suit with forced mode so they ignore any apparel restrictions and their restricted area will be set to the EVA area that you assigned. Then the same process to end EVA, there will also be a button on the pawn while wearing the suit to end EVA which will send them directly to their own or nearest suit station.

This removes the need to click through sub menus and set apparel and zone restrictions manually, and the station will also allow you to repair the suits, but to keep things difficult suits will no longer get a full recharge of free air from Air Outlets. They will need to be properly charged at the suit station and this will require O2 generated by moxi/es or from O2 storage tanks. There will however be a small supply of one time use O2 bottles to quick fill suits in emergencies.

Domkrat282

Interesting system, seems to be good tradeoff between usability and challenge. Will pawns automatically refiil O2 at the suit station when O2 is low?
I had several breaks of airlocks and it seems to be what it is easy to prevent by using 2 or more airlocks successively. Is it WAD?
Also it is possible to add light not-EVA emergency suits (replacing usual HAB apparel) similar to IRL flight suits which slightly reducing performance and making enviroment slightly more cramped - not to work in EVA missions but to survive during decompression. But yes, this can be overcomplicated and hard to balance.
Quote from: Etherdreamer on September 21, 2016, 08:18:39 PM
Thanks for the explanation, in the future we will see xenoplants and Xeno animals than could live in the vacuum?

Perhaps advanced suits than allows to "fight", when you want to add Vacuum riders / Xeno animal man hunters etc?
I dont think this will be good decision, this mod tend to be hard Sci-Fi like book "Martian" (playing this mod even make me to re-read this book and books of Peter Watts). And even now, on early stage, this mod seems to be a completely different hard Sci-Fi Rimworld! Great mod for the great game!
Sorry for my broken English.

Facepunch

Might be an interesting (And maybe not too hard) thing to have a radioactive fallout event borrowed from Rimushima. Can say that the planet is being bombarded by solar radiation or some such. Goes away after x days. I'm just throwing the idea down, it's 4AM and I'm too lazy to polish it, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

SioxerNiki

Quote from: Facepunch on September 22, 2016, 07:15:47 AM
Might be an interesting (And maybe not too hard) thing to have a radioactive fallout event borrowed from Rimushima. Can say that the planet is being bombarded by solar radiation or some such. Goes away after x days. I'm just throwing the idea down, it's 4AM and I'm too lazy to polish it, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

Already implemented as "Solar Flare"

Facepunch

Quote from: SioxerNic on September 22, 2016, 08:00:19 AM
Quote from: Facepunch on September 22, 2016, 07:15:47 AM

Already implemented as "Solar Flare"

With the radiation and everything?
This is why I try to avoid posting at 4am

Muramas

Hey, I just wanted to say that a few of the issues I had last time were fixed and I felt like it was a much smoother experience. One issue that I had though is with the new air system. A solar flare happened which disabled the air outlet and since suits don't get refilled till 10% my guy died in a room with 20% air.

Honestly, I prefer the old system where if someone entered a room with air their tank auto filled. It was simple and worked and they won't stop what they are doing walk all the way back to the air station and refill randomly...

Canute

Veinminer overwrite or cancel the Dig Sand order, it don't show at the orders anymore.
But since Veinminer is a useful mod maybe you can find a way to work with it ?

Can you give more details to the event tooltips ?
i just encounter "windy" the description say the solar panells get blow clean. But it didn't say the wind blow that strong that pawn geting hit and damaged.
It took awhile until i notice what harm my pawns, i was looking for some invisible animals.
Edit: nvm, these attacks/damage was some kind of mod conflict after i deactivate veinminer after i notice the missing dig sand order.

AseaHeru

PTW.

-edit-

Is there a way to remove toxicity that I am missing? I have all the air machines setup and working, and theres survivable levels of pressure and oxygen in the rooms, but the toxicity does not seem to be changing.

Canute

It is possible that your pawn auto. refill their EVA after they wake up ?
It happen now twice that a pawn die because he run out of O2 on a hauling trip. It would be too much micromanagment if you got more pawn and need to check/refill them manualy.

It would be nice to get a research for windturbines and somekind of reactor later.

Is there a limit for the MOXIE, or does it can support unlimited Air outlets ?

And people, the Mars is cold, damn cold. During winter you think the earth ice shelfs are florida ! :-)

Good work on the mod so far, anything is working well. Now you need to add more things.