[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AseaHeru

There IS a way to refill EVA suits without air outlets, right? Because otherwise, if you are stuck in a base with far toomuch air toxicity for no reason, your people are low on air and theres a sudden solar flare, yer screwed. Perhaps a warning shortly before it starts?

Canute

No there is no other way.
Try to open the roof and refill the room with fresh air is the only way i discover to remove the toxic so far.

A warning for a solar flare, you would need a hyperspeedscanner for that. And then you would got maybe 20-30 min warning (ingame maybe 5-10 sec).

But you are right solar flare can kill a colony if it comes at the wrong time. It 100% kills your plants since it is allwas cold at night and when you just needed to harvest befor ethe solar flare, bye bye.
Or a eclipse with plume afterwards and your batteries are empty.

Mars is a cold and deadly planet.

EldVarg

Quote from: Canute on September 23, 2016, 06:18:38 PM
It would be nice to get a research for windturbines
As there is little wind on mars, I don't think this will do much.

Crazytoast42

Canute

Quote from: EldVarg on September 23, 2016, 08:08:38 PM
Yes the mars atmosphaere is thin then earth ones, but the mars got bigger temp. differences between day/night that cause pretty strong winds. (refer to wiki).

QuoteAm I doing something wrong? It's been dead soil for a while..
dead soil = you lost atmosphaere in that room for at last a sec, pure martian atmosphaere kills the soil and you need to build soil over it again.

Warning, without water production the soil will dry out after a while -> plants goes poof.
I just tried to replace my water prod. with a sunlamp because it got a better light radius even when it used 2.1x of the energy and my pawn starving now again.

Slye_Fox

Quote from: Canute on September 24, 2016, 02:12:57 AM
Quote from: EldVarg on September 23, 2016, 08:08:38 PM
Yes the mars atmosphaere is thin then earth ones, but the mars got bigger temp. differences between day/night that cause pretty strong winds. (refer to wiki).

After reading this I did some looking around and found that wind turbines wouldn't be viable.
Wind speeds can be vary high on Mars, but due to the thinner atmosphere the kinetic energy is very very low.
Also, wind seems to only occur during dusk/dawn when the temperature changes cause the needed conditions.

Serenity

There not being strong winds on Mars was acknowledged by the writer as probably the biggest error in "The Martian", because the entire story hinges on that incident. Yes, you have huge sand storms and such, but they just don't have enough force to knock things or people around.

r4ncr4ft

I have a question... Do supplies or new crew members ever arrive when playing "The Martian" scenario? It keeps getting delayed for me :c

Domkrat282

Interesting: Venus have very slow winds in low atmosphere - about several meters per second but because of very thick atmosphere these winds can move relatively big stones.
Sorry for my broken English.

Canute

Quote from: r4ncr4ft on September 24, 2016, 07:35:43 PM
I have a question... Do supplies or new crew members ever arrive when playing "The Martian" scenario? It keeps getting delayed for me :c
Check the tooltips of the events on the right side (tooltip appear when you move the mouse over the text but you don't need to click any).
The delayed only affect the start of new supply mission not the ones which are allready underway.

r4ncr4ft

Quote from: Canute on September 25, 2016, 03:57:14 AM
Quote from: r4ncr4ft on September 24, 2016, 07:35:43 PM
Check the tooltips of the events on the right side (tooltip appear when you move the mouse over the text but you don't need to click any).
The delayed only affect the start of new supply mission not the ones which are allready underway.
I actually didnt mean that. What I was asking is if I will ever get a supply drop, or more crew, because I have been playing for 3 years ingame and no event showed up.

Canute

I didn't played that scenario yet.
You wrote that the mission are allways delayed, but since they are delayed they will happen someday i think.
But only the author dubwise56 can answer that for sure.

3 years on mars, maybe you should start to build your own returncraft :-)

r4ncr4ft

I kinda wanted to see if they actually send you stuff... Maybe they dont? Anyways thanks for answering. Here is a screenshot of my little base, if you are interested.http://imgur.com/a/R56pe
I like to take it slow :).

Paktura

Hi!

Can we get an airscrubber unit that remooves toxicity? It would be useful since water systems quite like exploding, and soil can not be exposed to martian atmo. so you can not vent the growing area.

Canute

I removed the 1x1 roof from a neighbour room and rebuild it. That cleans the toxic from that room and the standard door prevent that the farm room run out of air.
This is just a workaround until the next release of the mod is coming out.