Sneak peak

new UI and irrigation grid
http://imgur.com/xrIZQWN

needs and some power stuff
http://imgur.com/ACVvSfr

devils
http://imgur.com/PG60226

EldVarg

So cool. When updated you should release the "needs" to normal play too :).

spiderkebap

Hey this mod is awesome, have been enjoying it for quite some hours now.

Also loving the plans you have for the upcoming update! (EVA stations, irrigation, etc.) Can't wait =)

I was wondering if I could tell you about some minor problems I've been having. Maybe I did something wrong but I'm not sure. For instance the game keeps notifying me about hunters having no ranged weapon, this notification of course is redundant since it's mars and there are no animals or hunters. But somehow it seems to think that pawns are assigned as hunters. You probably know about this already, maybe I have to disable something somewhere to get rid of this message?

Also I had one problem when one of my colonists went on a firestarting spree because she was unhappy. I then had to draft one of my sane pawns to arrest her, she was brought to a room where I had assigned a prisoner bed succesfully. However since there is no option of assigning a warden I was not able to release her when she came out of her spree. So she basically stayed a prisoner until she eventually went berserk and killed the entire colony. =p I guess the alternative would have been to kill her but I liked the idea of imprisoning a clinically insane colonist until she recovers. It reminds me for example of episodes of star trek where they take a person who temporarily loses their mind to a locked area in the sick bay.

I wonder what your thoughts are on this. But like I said, awesome stuff man! You are really talented and I think this mod is a real in-depth layer added to the base game.

Keep up the good work! :)

yavorh

Quote from: spiderkebap on October 14, 2016, 01:44:56 AM
Hey this mod is awesome, have been enjoying it for quite some hours now.

Also loving the plans you have for the upcoming update! (EVA stations, irrigation, etc.) Can't wait =)

I was wondering if I could tell you about some minor problems I've been having. Maybe I did something wrong but I'm not sure. For instance the game keeps notifying me about hunters having no ranged weapon, this notification of course is redundant since it's mars and there are no animals or hunters. But somehow it seems to think that pawns are assigned as hunters. You probably know about this already, maybe I have to disable something somewhere to get rid of this message?

Also I had one problem when one of my colonists went on a firestarting spree because she was unhappy. I then had to draft one of my sane pawns to arrest her, she was brought to a room where I had assigned a prisoner bed succesfully. However since there is no option of assigning a warden I was not able to release her when she came out of her spree. So she basically stayed a prisoner until she eventually went berserk and killed the entire colony. =p I guess the alternative would have been to kill her but I liked the idea of imprisoning a clinically insane colonist until she recovers. It reminds me for example of episodes of star trek where they take a person who temporarily loses their mind to a locked area in the sick bay.

I wonder what your thoughts are on this. But like I said, awesome stuff man! You are really talented and I think this mod is a real in-depth layer added to the base game.

Keep up the good work! :)

Hunters - Fitness in work orders currently preplaces hunting I think - you can still hover your mouse over each work category and find out what it does, since it will overlap with the original things as well. Therefore disable fitness, which currently doesn't do anything I think, and you won; get the notification.

Wardening - you could try the same thing, either turn all work on or try to find out which one is the warden job manually

Dubwise

For instance the game keeps notifying me about hunters having no ranged weapon

Some things are hard to remove like alerts because they don't use xml defs. Fixed it for next patch using some magic.

However since there is no option of assigning a warden I was not able to release her when she came out of her spree.

On the work tab you can roll over the work type names and it tells you what they do, since warden is mostly useless it was changed to psychiatric and i'm adding psychologists but it still does the standard warden jobs.

Nord

So, is there a way to reduce toxicity except went off air? (I dont want to kill all my plants and soil) And one more thought about no-eva-inside-room: i see it only as kind of door, going trough it force pawn to wear or unwear eva. Am i right?

Canute

currently no.
Do you got a room next to your plant room, close the door, open a 1x1 roof to vent the air and close it again. The air from the plant room stream to the other room and the total toxciity is reduced.

yavorh

Dubwise - I just found out that keeping an airlock open to the horrible outside air does not cause venting... Any way to make this work for the future, especially with the fact that people will be taking their eva suits off on the inside it may make venting a bit easier

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: yavorh on October 17, 2016, 12:13:29 PM
Dubwise - I just found out that keeping an airlock open to the horrible outside air does not cause venting... Any way to make this work for the future, especially with the fact that people will be taking their eva suits off on the inside it may make venting a bit easier

Maybe create a venting machine/unit you build into an outside wall?

Dubwise

yer that's just something i missed, fixed for next patch. everything's fixed for next patch xD

yavorh

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 17, 2016, 12:54:22 PM

yer that's just something i missed, fixed for next patch. everything's fixed for next patch xD
youareawesome

MAKE MARS GREAT AGAIN!

Dubwise

i think i worked out why i have been ill for a week, i developed some kind of vision problem which makes me sick and dizzy when i use a computer so im trying to diagnose and treat that while getting bits of code done here and there, it was probably caused by a combination of lack of sleep, summer ending, and spending too much time scrolling through ILspy and coding  ::)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM
i think i worked out why i have been ill for a week, i developed some kind of vision problem which makes me sick and dizzy when i use a computer so im trying to diagnose and treat that while getting bits of code done here and there, it was probably caused by a combination of lack of sleep, summer ending, and spending too much time scrolling through ILspy and coding  ::)

Ugh, bummer!

Consider seeing an eye doctor as well! You never know, and catching things early is always ideal.

yavorh

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

f.lux + Not sure if you have Gunnar glasses, or one of those other Japan made computer glasses- makes a huge difference.

Domkrat282

flux is a great thing, several years i cannot live without it, especially in dark room.
Sorry for my broken English.