[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Canute on October 27, 2016, 12:57:29 PM
Terra formar Anime, not zombies but humanoid bugs :-)
It's called Terra Formars with a s. It's kinda a wordplay on Terraformer and Terra for Mars (From Terra to Mars OR Terra getting taken by Mars).

Human sized bugs on Mars would only work if they got send after some kind of initial terraforming (like in the Anime/Manga) as even bugs need a certain atmospheric pressure and composition to function (some kinds of bugs may SURVIVE on not ideal conditions but that is mainly due to them going inactive to wait for better conditions).

Maybe it could be a outcome from research/a accident ("Some of our bugs escaped, they are modified to survive...").

Regarding research: How about a way to terraform Mars? Genetical engineered plants and stuff to slowly turn Mars at least survivable to humans without suits (would take a REALLY long time... 20+ years at least)

picollo

QuoteHow about a way to terraform Mars? Genetical engineered plants and stuff to slowly turn Mars at least survivable to humans without suits (would take a REALLY long time... 20+ years at least)
Seriously? 1-20 ppl colony terraforming Mars in 20 years?
Even our whole civilization can't do that- it took us like 150 years (since industrial revolution) to increase temperature by around 1 degree. And we are working really hard on this.
Not this scale. It could be done in Civilisation like game, but not in survival sim

Canute

QuoteRegarding research: How about a way to terraform Mars? Genetical engineered plants and stuff to slowly turn Mars at least survivable to humans without suits (would take a REALLY long time... 20+ years at least)
20+ years arn't realstic except you got some godlike mashines around.
But yes gen eng. plants will work, and they are the cheapest way to do the first step of a terraform.
But once these plants generate a human breathable, you have the next problem, these plants ! :-)
If you want a fast terraform, these plants need to grow fast, that fast that they prolly will eliminate any other kind of flora and possible fauna.
And maybe these plants mutate and generate a plantelike inteligence and will fight any intruder :-)

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: picollo on October 28, 2016, 06:28:17 AM
QuoteHow about a way to terraform Mars? Genetical engineered plants and stuff to slowly turn Mars at least survivable to humans without suits (would take a REALLY long time... 20+ years at least)
Seriously? 1-20 ppl colony terraforming Mars in 20 years?
Even our whole civilization can't do that- it took us like 150 years (since industrial revolution) to increase temperature by around 1 degree. And we are working really hard on this.
Not this scale. It could be done in Civilisation like game, but not in survival sim

Quote from: Canute on October 28, 2016, 07:26:14 AM
20+ years arn't realstic except you got some godlike mashines around.
But yes gen eng. plants will work, and they are the cheapest way to do the first step of a terraform.
But once these plants generate a human breathable, you have the next problem, these plants ! :-)
If you want a fast terraform, these plants need to grow fast, that fast that they prolly will eliminate any other kind of flora and possible fauna.
And maybe these plants mutate and generate a plantelike inteligence and will fight any intruder :-)
Oh I know that it will take a crazy amount of time in RL, I was only spitballing a value that one could reach (and not lose interrest) ingame.

I really want those gen-tech plants now and the results they will bring. First one would have to research/prepare them (maybe also add a "killswitch", a gene that could get targeted via bacteria/whathaveyou), then get rid of them/change them that they stop spreading like crazy (activate "killswitch"/animals/some other way) and ofc while managing all the problems that may appear.

"Hmmm the plants mutated too much, the bacteria aren't working..."
"How about we modify some bugs to eat the plants?"
"GREAT IDEA! Let's do it!"

1 year later
"Hmmm now we have problems with the plants AND the bugs..."
"At least it can't get worse th..."
"GUYS! We just found a mutated plant/bug hybrid! It seems the bacteria also influenced the bugs and..."
"OH MY GOD! I just got worse! But it can't get worse than THAT!"
"Ermmm it seems those hybrids are intelligent, rapidly multiplying... and don't like us... They are comming for the colony!"
"F...!"

Dubwise

maybe i already have gene modification and cloning in there...  :o

Ramsis

Quote from: Canute on October 27, 2016, 12:57:29 PM
Terra formar Anime, not zombies but humanoid bugs :-)

But i think Mars will never be a combat heavy simulation like the current Rimworld, more like an event/catastrove heavy survival.

AW SNAP DID I HEAR TERRAFORMARS?!

Most racist but "we got away with it" series I have ever seen. <3
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

yavorh

I don't understand the radiation.

I have several people who I had forgotten outside in the flare - two had initial rad posioning, one mad minor, one had moderate. Several colonists had none as they were inside.

Fair enough, I let the sun blast them, I got what I deserved.

Some time later. Those people's radiation had grown without them being exposed to solar flares. Their rad poisoning would go down veeeery slowly when inside, but would passively go up when outside.

I thought this was just some sort of passive background radiation due to Mars not having a great atmosphere... but then again people who have been doing hauling for me since the second season (I'm a few years in now) have NO radiation poisoning.

What is going on here? Is it that once you've had rads on you you're cursed until you get them all out?

If so, are there going to be anti-rad drugs in the future or rad chambers or something that can help us kill those rads in a faster way?

Dubwise

Quote from: yavorh on October 29, 2016, 10:22:19 PM
Some time later. Those people's radiation had grown without them being exposed to solar flares. Their rad poisoning would go down veeeery slowly when inside, but would passively go up when outside.

Tested it and it works fine, once solar flare ends its safe to go outside. Probably an incompatible mod i think someone on steam had the same problem

EldVarg

Any news on the update? I'm so looking forward this release with the new needs.

Is there anything you want help with to increase the productivity? Is there some modmod you would like for this?

Dubwise

Still working on it everyday, still adding new stuff and spent a while making lots of bits more dynamic so i can quickly add more of the same types of things using the same code, i'm finishing up my custom pipe grids right now then i'm doing the first version of fleet management.

couple of snaps
http://imgur.com/Qk96Ahw
http://imgur.com/EnCc9dW

yavorh

Quote from: dubwise56 on November 03, 2016, 10:19:19 AM
Still working on it everyday, still adding new stuff and spent a while making lots of bits more dynamic so i can quickly add more of the same types of things using the same code, i'm finishing up my custom pipe grids right now then i'm doing the first version of fleet management.

couple of snaps
http://imgur.com/Qk96Ahw
http://imgur.com/EnCc9dW

Just to confirm - will we be able to decide if we want crew members delivered or is it still a non-stop inflow? Because right now it just becomes an overwhelming never ending process.

Dubwise

Quote from: yavorh on November 03, 2016, 10:55:03 AM
Just to confirm - will we be able to decide if we want crew members delivered or is it still a non-stop inflow? Because right now it just becomes an overwhelming never ending process.

Yup, fleet management tab, much more involved process for ferrying people to and from mars

EldVarg

yavorh

Quote from: dubwise56 on November 03, 2016, 11:15:49 AM
Quote from: yavorh on November 03, 2016, 10:55:03 AM

Yup, fleet management tab, much more involved process for ferrying people to and from mars

Just tell me what I can do as payment and gratitude to how absolutely amazing you are making this whole thing. This is truly inspiring (not even joking) as a person who is learning and doing personal app development in programming.

Dubwise

Quote from: yavorh on November 03, 2016, 01:31:33 PM
Just tell me what I can do as payment and gratitude to how absolutely amazing you are making this whole thing. This is truly inspiring (not even joking) as a person who is learning and doing personal app development in programming.

Ha, just enjoy it i guess