[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyrlix

This is one of the greatest mods i have seen for Rimworld so far, it could easily be its own very solid game. I really enjoy playing it, it has the Rimworld look and feels like a great mix. Looking forward to the upcoming update! I would gladly donate you a beer for this mod :P

I miss the way to remove toxicity from a room except venting it to the marsian atmosphere - it takes 3-4 days to fully pump a room up with 5 vents in it. Had a fire in my sealed sleep area and suddenly had a 28% toxicity - the next couple of sols my colonists had to sleep in EVA Suits. There are filters for everything (IRL), why not add some filters? And when we are at that, maybe add a info at the MOXI(E) that is like "pumps 5m³/20m³ Air" and on the Vents "5m³/5m³" - to see if you need more or have enough (if it matters...)

The mod compatibility is somewhat good - mods that interfere with implants "destroy" the whole Airsystem - EPOE and Glittertech don't seem to work. RedistHeat messes with the heaters and a bit the temperature system and also destroys the Atmospheresystem. Mars cannot be compatible with everything, and thats OK. What works is the Rimushima Nuclear Power mod - it also adds one generation source more, so i am not screwed if there is a plume around and suddenly a short circuit happens which leads to my rooms loosing temperature and ultimately plants dying.

yavorh

Quote from: pyrlix on November 05, 2016, 02:36:07 PM
This is one of the greatest mods i have seen for Rimworld so far, it could easily be its own very solid game. I really enjoy playing it, it has the Rimworld look and feels like a great mix. Looking forward to the upcoming update! I would gladly donate you a beer for this mod :P

I miss the way to remove toxicity from a room except venting it to the marsian atmosphere - it takes 3-4 days to fully pump a room up with 5 vents in it. Had a fire in my sealed sleep area and suddenly had a 28% toxicity - the next couple of sols my colonists had to sleep in EVA Suits. There are filters for everything (IRL), why not add some filters? And when we are at that, maybe add a info at the MOXI(E) that is like "pumps 5m³/20m³ Air" and on the Vents "5m³/5m³" - to see if you need more or have enough (if it matters...)

The mod compatibility is somewhat good - mods that interfere with implants "destroy" the whole Airsystem - EPOE and Glittertech don't seem to work. RedistHeat messes with the heaters and a bit the temperature system and also destroys the Atmospheresystem. Mars cannot be compatible with everything, and thats OK. What works is the Rimushima Nuclear Power mod - it also adds one generation source more, so i am not screwed if there is a plume around and suddenly a short circuit happens which leads to my rooms loosing temperature and ultimately plants dying.

For mod compatibility w/ EPOE and OTHER mods:

IF the mod adds recipes or affects the human peoples directly put the mod BEFORE Mars in the load order. That way the changes that Mars does take place AFTER all of the above. I have EPOE working fine with Mars, however if you have EPOE after Mars it kills the oxygen and depressurization parts.

As for toxicity, I believe the creator mentioned having plants as part of clearing that up, however that may be for the CO2 which currently I have not seen doing anything.

jmababa

Not yet if this gets compatible with zombies mod it'll be. Doom 3 style shoot zombies outside of air haha and in Mars

yavorh

Also for those of you complaining about plumes and short circuits:

It didn't take me that long to build up a back up power storage - just throw down a switch, ~10 batteries or so, you figure out how much you want, flick the switch on ONLY when your power reserves are about to fade completely as to avoid short circuits blowing out all of your energy at once.

Heck, even get a redundant back up to your back up if you're so afraid, you don't need a ton of solar panels to charge the batteries in your back up since you don't use them all the time. Such a back up can easily last one or two full day-night cycles on its own.

Canute

If i remember right, Emergency power switch from a mods working with Mars, they turn off when batteries are full, and turn on, when power is needed from batteries.

Dubwise

Thank you for the compliments, in the next patch plants breath and filter air, i added a version of the rimushima reactor setup but as an automated thermoelectric system which doesn't use the control computer and it runs off a single replaceable fuel module instead of rods and uses a custom piping grid. I totally recoded the air system and added storage tanks which you can use to rapidly pressurize rooms. plume rates greatly reduced, dust devils, new bios, new needs, new UI, buildings, water extraction, plumbing, scenario parts, ship refueling, new tend self, irrigation grid, suit stations and probably a bunch of other stuff i forgot i added or changed. The patch notes will be a bit lengthy

BlueWinds

My partner and I like to play games together, and we've been waiting for the next version to give this mod a shot. Looks like a ton of fun and sounds like it'll be getting even better.

So excited for this next release it's not even funny.

Nord

Deepfield

Fun mod. It's still a bit buggy though. Events happen far too often and I had a pawn die out of no where from a bunch of random damage while inside a pressurized building. Sadly its also very unfriendly with almost all mods. I will be back to check again though!

yavorh

Quote from: Deepfield on November 08, 2016, 08:55:30 AM
Fun mod. It's still a bit buggy though. Events happen far too often and I had a pawn die out of no where from a bunch of random damage while inside a pressurized building. Sadly its also very unfriendly with almost all mods. I will be back to check again though!

Scroll up a bit through this page - information of events and other bugfixes listed 3 posts ago by dev, basic guide to mods listed about 5 posts ago by me.

EldVarg

Quote from: Nord on November 07, 2016, 03:22:46 AM
IMO most important thing - winning condition.

I always find that least important in games like this. I never want to finish them - never compleated rimworld even though I could like 5 times. But if there where things like be able to take with you things to new map then maybe :p (rouge like elements - making it somewhat different next time).

Dubwise

Quote from: EldVarg on November 08, 2016, 07:07:45 PM
Quote from: Nord on November 07, 2016, 03:22:46 AM
IMO most important thing - winning condition.

I always find that least important in games like this. I never want to finish them - never compleated rimworld even though I could like 5 times. But if there where things like be able to take with you things to new map then maybe :p (rouge like elements - making it somewhat different next time).

the rescue mission mode gives you a win condition and the colony mode never ends

Canute

You have won when the whole map is a homezone! That means you etablish a sussesful colony :-)

Nord

What can be count as success of colony... Oxygen self sustain? Reproducing of Earth technology level?  Maybe... birth of first martian?

Distorti0N

Hey Dubwise, was wondering if you could provide a little explanation as to how the Martian Atmosphere works in Rimworld. I know less than basics when it comes to C# and haven't been able to find anything in the XML files that will allow me to use the Atmosphere in a normal environment. Maybe you could release something that includes the inhospitable environment, without being stuck on a red rock haha. Which has been totally awesome, it's just, after many hours of play I find myself looking for more. I was thinking Avatar (Blue people kind, not Element bending kind)

That way I could put in all kinds of unique wildlife (Both Fauna and Flora) trying to kill my colonists, as well as the atmosphere.

Anyway, bottom line - I just want to know if the Atmosphere is entirely in the DLL or if I can take it from an file (Which I haven't seen yet) and then put it into normal gameplay?

Thanks ahead

Edit: So I screwed around with some things, flicked through ILSpy, have begun learning C# and advanced Rimworld modding. Took a break by reading the full thread for your Mod and noticed you wanted to keep code within the limits of your plan and then potentially move on to modular mod components at a later date. That's totally cool and I respect that, but if you or SioxerNic (I don't know who does what) ever feel like sharing the burden, just give me a shout. It sounds like you've been coding hard, real hard and even though I'm the quiet forum type I'd like to help in anyway I can.