[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yavorh

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 10, 2016, 05:36:42 PM
im adding things like osteoporosis

Also don't forget Crippling depression, in that case.... there's a reference for ya

And on the topic of the EVA suits, I just got a bit of an idea... The way you've put in the code for  "looking for breathable air", isn't it possible to also add a line so that if there's an available EVA suit they go for it?

That would mean that in case of depressurization or having a job outside the colonists would just run for the nearest EVA suit. Thus instead of keeping an EVA suit station in their bedrooms or in some central part of the HAB, they'd instead have them at pre-airlock stations, like I would imagine is the case with normal station set ups.

Dubwise

well i don't want to over automate things, there's a point where it ends up like if when theres a raid all your pawns stop their jobs auto equip armor and rifles then run out to guard posts, and there's probably a mod for that but anyway...

I tend to ignore the alerts on the right of the screen because they ding so often so i was thinking about making a single cell detector that you could set to start sounding an alarm and flashing lights when air reaches certain levels in a room, because i find the warning beeps on the suit for low o2 work well and catch my attention unlike the alerts system.

And right now getting a bunch of pawns to put suits on for a big hauling/building session outside still takes a lot of clicks so im going to try making something like the draft button to force all selected pawns to look for a suit station with a single key.

So keeping things manual, but not clicky and tedious, better warning systems, and leave alerts as just tips

Headshotkill

Quote from: yavorh on December 11, 2016, 01:12:09 AM
Quote from: dubwise56 on December 10, 2016, 05:36:42 PM
im adding things like osteoporosis

Also don't forget Crippling depression, in that case.... there's a reference for ya

And on the topic of the EVA suits, I just got a bit of an idea... The way you've put in the code for  "looking for breathable air", isn't it possible to also add a line so that if there's an available EVA suit they go for it?

That would mean that in case of depressurization or having a job outside the colonists would just run for the nearest EVA suit. Thus instead of keeping an EVA suit station in their bedrooms or in some central part of the HAB, they'd instead have them at pre-airlock stations, like I would imagine is the case with normal station set ups.

Putting on one of those suits takes a long time, and when humans are confronted with such a immidiate danger their thought process becomes really simple. Complex tasks such as putting on a suit are almost impossible, instead the simple flight-respons would make them storm towards the nearest room that has air.

Aside from that, can you make it so breaking a wall between a pressurised room and the outside causes an explosion, like explosive decompression?
And about the muscle atrophy, can you turn it into a disease causing weakness and stuff?

Canute

Ok here is a quickguide for starting after some try&error pratice :-)

Eject your pawns and cargo from the Lander (Ares).
Open all the cargo boxes.
You will find a placeable HAB, place it, it take some time until it is ready.
Nearly any module need power, so i don't say expliziet to connect it with power conduit, you can do it self. :-)
Place the MOXIE, next outside the HAB, build an air outlet inside the HAB, connect both with gas pipes.
Build a EVA suit station inside the HAB, connect it with the gas pipe network.

2. Step plant room.
Build a room (i build 13x13 next to the HAB because the HAB is 13x13 too), an airlock or double airlock like it is show at the HAB too.
Build an AGS outside, an air outlet inside, connect them with gas pipe.

At this point you can think about to build gas storage tank to store O2 (need to raise Oxgen level) and N2 (need to raise pressure level) and connect them to one gas netwerk. The storage tank can quickly resupply missing gas at the rooms since MOXIE and AGS don't store any.

Inside the room build skylight's, the 8 fields aound it are covered with bright light, build so much that the whole room got bright light.

Build a MIWEX outside, MIWEX need sand as fuel, next to the MIWEX a H2O storage tank, connect them with water pipe if needed.
Build inside a moisture pump, connect it with water pipes to the MIWEX or storage tank.

Build Soil worktable, dig sand and create bag of soil.
Build dry soil (50% fert.) and the moisture pump will increase that after a while.
Beginn to plant.

Canute

Some error msg. after a doc with the self medical kit got finished or not (2 medicine left next to the bed, needed to draft/undraft him to clear the loop).
Doc started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=Wait, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait

yavorh

You know what dubwise, you're the man with the plan, the knowledge and the mod - and thus far this mod's turned out preeeeetty darn good. It's awesome to see the pages on this post increase more and more and see this whole shebang blossom out so nicely! We trust in you, keep it up

shirlierox

Quote from: Canute on December 11, 2016, 05:23:03 AM

I wish I had seen this before I streamed earlier hehe.  The thing that caught me out at first was having to use gas pipes as I thought I could just use power cables and wondered why everyone died.

It did take me an 1 hour and 30 minutes until I built a working toilet though  ;D

Serenity

Inside the room build skylight's, the 8 fields aound it are covered with bright light, build so much that the whole room got bright light.
So the skylight prevents those ugly spots around the edges where you have little light? Or has light and water generation be completely separated and you could just build a sunlamp if you are willing to suck up the power cost and grow in a cave?

Dubwise

Ok here is a quickguide for starting after some try&error pratice :-)

yup you got it, not too hard aye, the moxie and ags do have tanks but they are more like small buffers, bigger one on the ags, and the ship has built in o2 n2 and h2o tanks which are full at the start so you can start growing before you have a miwex built.
i tend to get sewage system up and running before a greenhouse because pooping and washing is important for mood.
there's a button on cargo that lets you remove small amounts of stuff from crates so you dont have to make huge stockpiles.
you wanna draw out a hab area asap so you can set it on the suit station.
and i'm working on a valve so that you can fill up a gas tank with n2 or o2 and can shut off the pipe that way if your hab decompresses it doesn't drain your tanks before you get the hole sealed up, then you can flick open the valve to rapidly re-pressurize.
And before my ships even landed i open the Mars tab on the menu and sort out my ship configs and set all the cargo i want and start a new one building

for fitness i still need to add the health effects i only got the mood done so far, and nutrition will affect muscle growth rate, so if the pawns starving then upside is you don't need to poop as often, downside is your muscles don't recover

and i changed irrigation now so now each unit of water you produce is pumped into the soil, plants then combine it with co2 in the air to photosynthesize and produce o2, and the temperature controls the rate of evaporation which increases humidity in the hab, then you build an AWG to condense the moisture from the air back into tanks, all i gotta do now is add the sewage processing part and you should be able to recycle most of your water so all the extra water you produce can be used for making fuel instead. So you gotta get your light, temps, co2 level, moisture and humidity all balanced out, oh and 100% humidity will makes things short out, and plants also clean toxic air now.... Eventually i'll replace the whole plant class so i can get seeds and cuttings working and get more control over the growth rates/withering/mothering yada yada.

Dubwise

Quote from: Serenity on December 11, 2016, 01:45:35 PM
So the skylight prevents those ugly spots around the edges where you have little light? Or has light and water generation be completely separated and you could just build a sunlamp if you are willing to suck up the power cost and grow in a cave?

skylights let sunlight in with a small radius, you get 100% lit with them spaced 2 cells apart

Canute

Quote from: Serenity on December 11, 2016, 01:45:35 PM
Logical, the skylight shouldn't work under mountains but it does :-)
A skylight is just sunlamp but with a 3x3 bright light area, but 0 power need.
Normal sunlamps don't exist in this mod.

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 11, 2016, 01:49:25 PM
yup you got it, not too hard aye, ...
ohhh thats some nice new information.
Didn't even know you could select the kind of cargo.
And i just discover i could refuel and send the ships back (1. ship got a failed start).

Yeah, people should build a sewage system (toilet,...) early, they got allready enough bad mood from the fitness.

What do you plan to made fine meals on mars ? Some fert. space chicken eggs or Soy bean to made soymilk/tofu.

And you need to clear the useless research branches if possible.

Btw. Rimfridge mod, works with Mars, but didn't test out the cool beer yet.

Dubwise

I haven't touched research yet because i'm gutting it out completely and replacing it with science benches which earn you requisition points to buy ships and crew and cargo, and quests will unlock tech instead

you can make fine meals with ketchup + any veg, i'll add more recipes later and eventually things like quorn style protein growth vats

and thanks for pointing out the skylights under mountains that should be a quick fix, and sunlamps are still in

Headshotkill

In what way do you invision will the research system work?

Will we discover better ways of protecting us against the martian elements, better suits, genetically modifying plants to adapt to martian soil, ...?
Or will it be a system where your colony must produce enough science results to be profitable and keep receiving supplies to expand?

In the end, because you don't face any military threat in this mod, I think it would be interesting to magnify other areas of the game, such as science, crafting, health (both physical and mental), ...

BlueWinds

I have a couple of bugs to report with the inflatable hab that you may not have noticed, because you are too experienced to make noob mistakes.

1. The inflatable hab ate my moxie. I saw "oh, hey, there's a square outline. I'll just start building around it and installing things," but then, in the center of each side, the inflatable wall extends beyond the given outline... and covered up my freshly installed moxie, disappearing it without warning. ^^;;
2. I also lay down some wiring and made a couple solar panels while waiting for the hab to inflate. One of these wires happened to run over the space between the two airlocks - and for some reason when it finished inflating, this space was filled with inflatable wall. Easy enough to fix with deconstruction, but it was still strange. Also, deconstructing left behind 'Inflatable' - clever material naming to make the walls work, but still strange to have 4 Inflatable sitting around.
3. While inflating, you can lay storage zones over the inflatable hab. If you misestimate the location of the walls... goods can be left sitting on top of the walls. >.>

Suggestion: Have the hab stop inflating if there's anything else occupying any of its squares. Will prevent these and similar issues. :)

Dubwise

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 11, 2016, 02:52:00 PM
Will we discover better ways of protecting us against the martian elements, better suits, genetically modifying plants to adapt to martian soil, ...?
Or will it be a system where your colony must produce enough science results to be profitable and keep receiving supplies to expand?

Exactly, and both, normal static research benches for each science with pawns working all day for progress to the next requisition point to fund the mission, and then the actual research projects to unlock and upgrade things are quests with stages, making things, testing things, trying not to blast holes in your walls with lasers or create a plant that invades and kills your whole greenhouse... that kinda thing