[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Quote from: BlueWinds on December 11, 2016, 02:58:54 PM
I have a couple of bugs to report with the inflatable hab that you may not have noticed, because you are too experienced to make noob mistakes.

thanks  ::) the hab was something i tossed in without testing much yet so i need to tidy it up, maybe i will make it so once its "installed" it instantly spawns lots of single cell things that inflate 'construct themselves' instead so you can plan around them, that should fix it all. I just wanted a prefab unit so people can see how to do a basic hab, also i need them later for some scenarios

(edit)
The hab now spawns a structure with floors and roofing and the frames for all the walls and doors and then you finish building it which only takes a minute, the walls dont drop resources anymore, and its not filled with air but you can just run a pipe to the ship to quickly fill it
also fixed the skylights so they only work under constructed roofs
once i finish this water cycle thing i'll upload this version

(edit)
Added button under the air readout to tell all selected pawns to find suits
(edit)
And another for remove suits

Canute

Ok, i still use the 1. Version, not sure how much you tweaked it at all.

-The rapidly loose of fitness is very annoying, i got 4 treatmills for 6 pawns. And they are very well visited.
I think when someone wear an EVA he shouldn't loose any fitness. The suit itself is a fullbody fitness trainer, its heavy, lower movement and workspeed.

- It is funny to watch pawn to take a shower with an EVA and how fast they can undress :-) I think it isn't easy to forbid the use while in an EVA. Modern EVA's got an integrated system for this, so maybe pawn in EVA's shouldn't loose bladder.
But the EVA suit station need a connection to the sewage system.

- I think the EVA suit station should be replaceable.

- Supply crate, should be replaceable, and useable as deep pocket storage. Pawn don't have straight access to the things inside, but you should select what kind of things should be stored inside, then activate the loading. You can pause the loading and use it like a standard supply crate to drop all or just one.

- Some kind of mechanical or robotic helper would be nice. I think about Industrial roller (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26967.0) didn't test if these mod would work with mars but i don't think so because of the resources.
Or about the Robots from  Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0).

- Something is wrong the the priority of broken modules, i need to manualy send them to repair them most of the time.
Maybe you should put the clean equipment into the repair one, and repair should have a higher priority then cleaning. To repair the MOXIE is more important and fast done then the neverending cleaning of solarpanells during storms.

- Not sure if it is allready in, but there should be an adv. if you use sunlamps instead skylights. Plants should have a 24h growing if they got light.

- Can you disable the floating moisture numbers ?

- ketchup, nice that you can made fine meals from it. But currently useless. Since you reveal that you can choose what kind of cargo earth send, what do you think is better 1 box with maybe 75 ketchup (15 fine meal) or a food box with 255 pack. surv. meals ?
Since mood is pretty important since you loose much mood from fitness/hygnie pretty fast, they need good food at last.
I think you should work primary to add a solution for fine meals.
I will try out GouRIMet 1.0, and look if that work well with MARS. But i don't know that mod yet and not sure what kind of meals i can made without meat.

Now i need to made myself lunch.

Serenity

Maybe add some sort of dried meat that can you can only get from supply missions. So you can choose to spend some room on the cargo ship for that. Meat is more intuitive than ketchup.

But yeah, if ready meals stack better than ingredients then that's a bit of a balance issue.

yavorh

Plants do NOT grow during the night as part of the base game design - you will find this if playing with no mods too. In real life plants rest too and do not grow 24/7

Canute

I just notice, you can set the EVA station that pawn can auto. undress the EVA before they go sleep.
But under what condion do they equip back auto. ? Does they need the station in their bedroom ?
And if it possible to add "bathroom" phase to restriction, or maybe let the pawn's auto. use toilet,basin,shower after they awake and if it free.

Headshotkill

Quote from: yavorh on December 12, 2016, 09:34:02 AM
Plants do NOT grow during the night as part of the base game design - you will find this if playing with no mods too. In real life plants rest too and do not grow 24/7

#plantlifesmatter

But anyway, after giving the alpha version a good test one thing that annoyed me was the lack of any primitive hygiene stuff.
The earliest colonists should have a supply of towels and soap to do the basic cleaning and a portable chemical toilet until you get a sewage system build. Maybe you have to empty the chemical toilet every now and then and throw it outside.

yavorh

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 12, 2016, 11:57:16 AM

#plantlifesmatter

But anyway, after giving the alpha version a good test one thing that annoyed me was the lack of any primitive hygiene stuff.
The earliest colonists should have a supply of towels and soap to do the basic cleaning and a portable chemical toilet until you get a sewage system build. Maybe you have to empty the chemical toilet every now and then and throw it outside.

How do you wash away soap and what do you use towels for if you don't have water :B. Also, maybe clean wipes would be a thing but they don't clean off all the guck you have on you just like magic AND getting the water system set up is fast enough that the -15 Grimy debuff is outweighted by the +10 new colony optimism buff

Canute

QuoteHow do you wash away soap and what do you use towels for if you don't have water :B
Same like people do it at the desert. They use sand.
Or a hightech version, hypersonic.

Headshotkill

Quote from: yavorh on December 12, 2016, 02:10:43 PM
Quote from: Headshotkill on December 12, 2016, 11:57:16 AM

#plantlifesmatter

How do you wash away soap and what do you use towels for if you don't have water :B. Also, maybe clean wipes would be a thing but they don't clean off all the guck you have on you just like magic AND getting the water system set up is fast enough that the -15 Grimy debuff is outweighted by the +10 new colony optimism buff

I was thinking about how astronauts wash themselfs on the ISS, they only take a shower very rarely and usually use wet towels with soap.

Dubwise

i love the enthusiasm for the mod  ;D I know i need to tweak lots of the numbers im still throwing more stuff in and rewriting stuff.

I'll move equipment cleaning to after repair.

I was thinking about making suit stations movable and haven't made up my mind on it.

There should be a water drop icon to the left of the moisture reading which toggles the irrigation numbers on and off, i have changed it so now the suits on/off buttons and irrigation toggle are at the bottom of that ui in a row.

Pawns can poop in suits but i had it set to 0 bladder, i'll fix it so its when they first need to go. And i can add washlets which they just pick up and use to give the same hygiene buff as washing their hands at a basin.

I want fitness setup so pawns only have to use treadmills maybe once every few days, or every other day if they are a scientist sitting at a desk all day, so i need to reduce the loss a bunch and buff the effects of labor, and i'll make it so suits stall fitness, i'm also working on making it so they can watch TV while working out.

I'm going to add meat to cargo, some more sauces, some jerky. Plan is to have meal variety affect mood and nutrition levels. And at some point i want to add mycoprotein production, it would be part of the extended research system.

As far as i know most plants don't grow 24 hours a day under lights and actually stresses them if you try to, so sun lamps are just for growing in mountains right now. What i would like to do is tweak it so sunlight doesn't give 100% lit because mars is a bit further away from the sun and its just windows letting in light and they could be slightly dusty and stuff and also dust storms should block out the light, so then you would have a reason to build high power grow lights. maybe grow lights could could extend growth time a little bit longer than daylight just so you can max out efficiency.

And i only allow removing suits automatically before going to sleep, i wont allow auto equipping suits because that's going too far with automation, i think you should have to decide when you're going to send people outside because its going to get more and more dangerous as i add incidents. i have only played ice sheets for a long time and managing what pawns wear and when they can go outside to mine or haul cargo drops was always a battle with the ui, so i want it to be like ice sheets but less fiddly so all the zone and outfit switching is wrapped up into single buttons, i just added buttons to command all selected pawns to put on or take off suits at the nearest station which cuts out the tedious right clicking for each individual pawn.

Canute

QuoteThere should be a water drop icon
Are there more hidden buttons ? :-))

QuoteI was thinking about making suit stations movable and haven't made up my mind on it.
Componets are rare, ok not that rare anymore since we know we can choose the cargo and send back the ship, but at the beginning.
And when you expand your base, you want/need to move the stations too.
But thats a decicion i can life with.

QuotePawns can poop in suits but i had it set to 0 bladder,
I don't understand this. These EVA suits are designed for multi day useage, that means they can absorb the sewage from a human body in extra tanks.
Thats one of the main reason it takes so long to wear one of them.
They arn't like the early NASA mission suits when astronauts realy need to poop into their suits while they wait for the launch :-)
Modern suits don't let you feel dirty, ok they arn't very comfortable but they give you air,water and liquid food for a while not to forget about the inner suit that absorb and neutralize sweat.

I don't want speak about future suits can do :-)

QuoteAnd i only allow removing suits automatically before going to sleep, i wont allow auto equipping suits because that's going too far with automation,
Ok, but from my side i don't care if they sleep with EVA or not, so long they go on their work again. Thats why i don't turn the auto. off and let them switch suits if they run low O2.

Let me guess, the liquid metal reactor isn't useable yet, no fuel modules?

But overall you did a phantastic job and its a big improvment from v2.
Can't wait for v4 ! :-)

Dang, i just got an idea to prevent the solar panels from sand but it didn't work. Skylight can't be build over panels, and even we could they just add light not sun. But nevermind, once we can get fuel modules from earth they will be dismantle anyway.

Dubwise

once you have finished the reactor research you will get an extra option on cargo to send a fuel module

and i'm working on the alpha 16 update now, everything's broken  ::)

Dubwise

Its under Env Control, and only in v3 (alfalfa)

Dubwise

yavorh

Chemistry skill description is same as fitness.