3. Get a sewage facility
4. Run water through to both sewage and sanitary things
5. Run sewage to sanitary things
6. Wait for it
7. Wait for it
8. Legen-
9. waitforit
10. DARY sewage.

But yea, you gotta wait a bit. There's a water capacity on the sewage facility that has to be filled up.

On that topic, dubwise - is it possible to make it so we can have "Septic tanks" in a way so that during a power outage the colonists can just... like throw buckets of stored up water into the toilet and other stuff like that instead of relying on highly sophisticated electricity powered sewage and water? :D

Canute

On a power outage, the last thing i am worried are the sewage.
All the plants die from the cold, mosttimes you don't get "normal" cloth for extrem cold, and EVA can run out of air, then you just got the choise between choke or freeze to dead if you settle on a cold area and got bad luck with the eva fuel.

A chemical emergency heater would be nice at this situation. Do you know these pocket heater, you could recharge at boiling water ?
Ok, a recharge feature isn't realy needed, but something like a campfire, made from sand (or some chemicals), polymer and steel, that can replace a heater for 1 day with 20 deg. celsius.

BlueWinds

Quote from: yavorh on December 20, 2016, 12:46:33 PM
On that topic, dubwise - is it possible to make it so we can have "Septic tanks" in a way so that during a power outage the colonists can just... like throw buckets of stored up water into the toilet and other stuff like that instead of relying on highly sophisticated electricity powered sewage and water? :D

Would also be great to have a fast, temporary solution before one has time to set up the whole complicated recycling plant setup. More wasteful of water, analogous to the chemical co2 scrubbers.

Dubwise

i should shove some tuques in the starting cargo, but if it gets too cold they could wear eva suits too.

RickyMartini

Could you upload the latest "Alfalfa" version for A16?

Ratcet_1988

Indeed Please? we could send you any bug reports we find.

AseaHeru

Steam users? If you feel like going filediving, you can almost certainly take the file for people who dont use steam and manually insert it into the gamefiles, then tell the game that yes, this is an old version and you want to use it anyways.

Of course, it may not work because steam is still pile of raw sewage I have no idea how the game works with steam workshop, or steam in general, but its worth a try.

RickyMartini

Doesn't work.

The only version here on the forums is for A15 and I want to try it for A16. Obviously, the A15 version crashes if you're playing the A16.

Doesn't matter if it's on steam or not.

AseaHeru

That does not sound right. From what I have seen, outdated mods just go on about it being a version mismatch, and if you want to use it anyways. Ill check with this though.

-edit-

Nope, it loads up fine, excepting the giant pile of errors about everything and anything.

RickyMartini

Quote from: AseaHeru on December 24, 2016, 05:30:24 PM
Nope, it loads up fine, excepting the giant pile of errors about everything and anything.

Yeah that's kinda the point, it's full of errors and it doesn't work correctly. That's why I was asking the creators if they are already ready to at least publish an alpha version of the mod for A16.

yavorh

The link that was posted for the Alfalfa in A16 is STILL on the front page and HEY - GUESS WHAT! You don't get errors if you don't leave devmode on during gameplay and don't get your mod order wrong.

Mod order tip -
1. Things that affect humans, recipes, etc (EPOE, surgery mods, etc)
2. Mars
3. Quality of life/ performance improvements (BetterPathFinding, Vein Miner)

RickyMartini

Guys you're seriously starting to piss me off. If you're not the creator of this mod or if you didn't even realize that this mod does not work for A16:

1. I am directing my comment to the CREATOR of this mod, I'm not interested in anyone else's comment.

2. There is NO A16 version. Check it for yourselves, the last version available on the first post is 0.15.1284 and it's for A15.

3. If you try to load the 0.15.1284 version on A16 it very obviously crashes on world generation (tested right now). It loads up fine, but you can't really play it. The 0.15.1284 version for A15 is the latest published Alfalfa version.

_____

So again, I am asking the mod creator and co-creators exclusively (and not anybody else):

Btw before anyone bastardizes my original point, I was just asking if the mod creators would be willing to share their pre-alpha stage of their mod since they "apparently" already have a working version of the mod. I am not demanding anything.

Nord

Quote from: Skissor on December 25, 2016, 04:27:03 PM
3. If you try to load the 0.15.1284 version on A16 it very obviously crashes on world generation (tested right now). It loads up fine, but you can't really play it. The 0.15.1284 version for A15 is the latest published Alfalfa version.

So again, I am asking the mod creator and co-creators exclusively (and not anybody else):

Totally agree, join to the request. Pleeease.

Dubwise

Ok i had a cold and was doing some christmassy stuff but v3 for A16 is on steam now, however there's some pretty grim bugs that i'm trying to catch up with and fix by pushing out quick patches, so i didn't want to wrap up a zip and upload it here and have a zillion downloads of a broken version then get spammed with the same bug reports and have to keep putting up lots of versions for each fix here too, so because steam is quick to patch i'm using steam users as guinea pigs right now to make sure i squish all the really big roaches quick as i can. Once i stop getting a stream of bug reports on steam i'll zip up a "stable" version to release on here with a link to the 10 page instruction manual im going to have to write. It's like as soon as i uploaded to steam suddenly everything decided to stop working, even simple things like pawns facing the right way on a treadmill which has been working fine for weeks suddenly don't work anymore, so im sort of spitting chips right now  :(

RickyMartini

Wow awesome, this Mod must be one of the most elaborate Mods out there. Seriously, I don't remember any other mod that completely overhauled the game so much. You even put a moon and a satellite there!