[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

i just updated the steam version, i'll be posting the zip here once i verify that there's no other major bugs

Dubwise

ok i had a little play around and it seeeeems to be ok now so i have uploaded a v3.0.1 patch here

vivafuerte

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 03, 2017, 01:08:55 PM
ok i had a little play around and it seeeeems to be ok now so i have uploaded a v3.0.1 patch here
thanks a lot for the quick and hard work :D

RickyMartini

I knew that it wasn't my imagination that the MISPP wasn't working anymore!  ::) Thanks so much for the update and patch!

Lerin

Plume two times in row is a deadly thing, i realized RTG can raise temperature, in a room but, o2 has depleted quick enough so 8 colonist died :/

Next time i will make a emergency room with rtg, airlocked and dedicated oxygen tank but vent will not work ?

We dont have opportunity to solve this problem ?

and

One colonist left, Charlie has sick... got major infection and one frostbite..
But he wont help himself anymore.... charlie is broken ?
View of 8 dead crew members is too much for him ?

EDIT:
Ok i got it, charlie need priority  doctoring before patient...

IMG: http://imgur.com/a/o4PQf

lovely disaster...
Really i love that gameplay.. thanks dubwise56 :D

Edit 2: Charlie died, he lost mind, charlie has started vicodin binge, he didn't bandage his infections.. 100% to 93%.. What a stupid dude..

RickyMartini

There is clearly still a problem with the refueling of the rockets. I think the issue is that it has the same priority as all of the other tanks? I don't know, all I'm thinking is that if I choose to start refueling my rocket, my tanks shouldn't be the first to be refilled. I have several tanks of oxygen and I could easily refuel my rocket in 1-2 hours but it simply doesn't do it.

Dubwise

i just patched the steam version, ship refuel speed is x10 faster now

BlueWinds

The new inflatable hab is much improved, thank you. I especially like that I can cancel the construction of the walls and arrange the "Inflatable" in a different shape. :D

I'm really, really hurting for components, though. Here's what I'm trying to build:

2 - Smelter
6 - 2x 4x4 Solar Panels
4 - Treadmill
3 - Basin, Shower, Terlet
4 - MIST
18 - 3x Suit Stations
1 - Air Outlet
1 - CO2 Scrubber
2 - 2x Heaters
5 - Irrigation pump
= 46 components.

I'm only sent to Mars with 40, which is just barely not enough. I'm pretty sure none of the above buildings are wasteful - they seem like a minimal set of required items for surviving until the next ship arrives. And that's not even counting having a few spare components in case something breaks down.

How do you all establish a colony if you aren't lucky enough to have Curiosity on your map? Do you make do with one suit station, and micromanage?

Nord

Quote from: BlueWinds on January 03, 2017, 11:29:26 PM
How do you all establish a colony if you aren't lucky enough to have Curiosity on your map? Do you make do with one suit station, and micromanage?
Yes, i agree. I decided to build component assembly bench with my last 20 components, and now it looks like my colonists survive. But game was slow...

Also, i think cleaning and solar panel cleaning commands must be traded places.

tyriaelsoban

2 - Smelter
6 - 2x 4x4 Solar Panels
4 - Treadmill
3 - Basin, Shower, Terlet
4 - MIST
18 - 3x Suit Stations
1 - Air Outlet
1 - CO2 Scrubber
2 - 2x Heaters
5 - Irrigation pump
= 46 components.

So lets break this down - ill explain why at the bottom.

2 - Smelter - essential additional materials.
6 - 2x 4x4 Solar Panels - essential even if you have the RTG.
4 - Treadmill - nope, see below.
3 - Basin, Shower, Terlet - essential happiness.
4 - MIST - essential, B/S/T wont work without them
18 - 3x Suit Stations - Essential, but three is overkill.
1 - Air Outlet - Essential
1 - CO2 Scrubber - Not currently necessary.
2 - 2x Heaters - Essential, cold = bad.
5 - Irrigation pump - depends on personal opinion.
= 46 components.
New total = 30, pending second eva suit station then its 24, if the fix for the plant pots is in effect, then 25.

In order;

Treadmill - is something ive NEVER needed, my guys do so much hairing around that their fitness has not dropped below 95%.

Suit Stations - Ive made it work with one EVA suit storage, there is so much work to do with a stone cutters station that it needs to be manned 24/7 (or at least one guy has to spend their entire work-shift). and as long as they dont spend more than two days in suit, its perfectly ok for a pawn to sleep in the suit.
Since everyone in my settlement works shifts, so with the three people i have at maximum 2-3 hours of a day where someone isnt working due to joy/sleep constraints, so this means i really only have one suit in active service at a time till after the supply drop, so at most, you will need two suit stations.

C02 Scrubber - Daylily/Rose plants in plant pots are still scrubbing co2 out of the air for me, and if youre growing plants in normal soil then this is also unimportant, as the plants photosynthesizing will scrub co2 for you, however, i am not sure if this is Dubwise's intention, as these potted plants do still use the moisture in their tile, they take forever to die though even if it runs out.

Irrigation pump - Depending on your difficulty level, you can opt on rough/2 ships to send a resupply with nothing but food and materials, since you dont obtain a second set of crewmen till you send someone back or you build a third ship yourself and a food container lasts three pawns more than two seasons (three and 1/2, i believe), though i also micro the food, my guys were still eating freeze-dried ration packs a week after the supply pod landed - so things like an irrigation pump can also wait and dont forget, with more than two ships, you can always suspend the missions with additional colonists on them.
This, in my opinion makes the irrigation pump unimportant till the supply ship arrives.

EldVarg

Suggestions:
* When building habitat, sometimes building a wall fails. After that you can't finish the wall because of no resource. Maybe start with 15 extra inflatable.
* When you deconstruct things, maybe not all of the 1/4 material should be lost but become some scrappy material that you have to refine to be able to use again. It's all about recycling in a marsian colony right? :)
* A spinning bike that could generate some electricity and at same time fitness (but maybe not as fast as threadmill).
* Inflatabe should deteriorate over long time (so you should replace it with more hardy materials).

---

* Should take longer time to dig for sand.
* Unhappy nudity while showering?
* If warm icy soil should evaporate in a room.
* Do not show milliseconds in mars tab.
* Need seeds for flowers.
* Sky light should take longer time to build.
* Clean EVA Suits sometimes (especially from bladder).
* Incorrect rotation when sitting terlet and running treadmill.
* Steam effect when using airlocks.
* Should need to smelt aluminum ore before use (and same with iron).
* Should need potatoes to plant potatoes (and seeds for every plant).
* Be able to disable irrigation pump.
* Be able to walk psychotic wanderer to safety (and similar).
* Iron floor.
* Be able to fill up others suits.
* Should be able to see h2o levels on dazed.
* Eva Suits have instant build time.
* Should be able to rotate EVA Suit Station.
* Only prioritize MIMEX if it is missing more than 50 units or so (Important - now you fill it all the time with just one).
* Skylight image should be more transparent.
* Polymer icon should be blue.

Dubwise

I'm really, really hurting for components, though. Here's what I'm trying to build:

upped it to 60 for next patch and tyriaelsobans tips are good. For v4 there will be a full weight based cargo config screen before you start so you can pick exactly what you want. Also you could use scenario editor to add extra stuff but it will be sitting on the surface of mars before you land.

Dubwise

Suggestions:
* When building habitat, sometimes building a wall fails. After that you can't finish the wall because of no resource. Maybe start with 15 extra inflatable. - Already added, maybe only on steam version

* When you deconstruct things, maybe not all of the 1/4 material should be lost but become some scrappy material that you have to refine to be able to use again. It's all about recycling in a marsian colony right? :) - i want to make buildings more component based, like core component on the reactor. Might do it when i do that.

* A spinning bike that could generate some electricity and at same time fitness (but maybe not as fast as threadmill). - maybe one day

* Inflatabe should deteriorate over long time (so you should replace it with more hardy materials). - sure

---

* Should take longer time to dig for sand. - when i add the shovel back in
* Unhappy nudity while showering? - figured its not a big deal because of the bonus from showering
* If warm icy soil should evaporate in a room. - yup
* Do not show milliseconds in mars tab. - i like it
* Need seeds for flowers. - stuff like seeds will come in like v5 with full custom plants class
* Sky light should take longer time to build. - ok
* Clean EVA Suits sometimes (especially from bladder). - filthy suits is already planned

* Incorrect rotation when sitting terlet and running treadmill. - this bug i cant work out, same exact code as the a15 preview but now all face cell commands during job driver ticks are ignored, including facing tv's. Im making the whole hygiene system a standalone mod so if it works in that then i will know mars has broken it somehow.

* Steam effect when using airlocks. - tricky, custom door classes break rooms so i cant do much
* Should need to smelt aluminum ore before use (and same with iron). - yup will come later when i get to adding labs and production content
* Should need potatoes to plant potatoes (and seeds for every plant). - again v5 stuff
* Be able to disable irrigation pump. - i'll add a flicker
* Be able to walk psychotic wanderer to safety (and similar). - will need to do a job driver for that, low priority
* Iron floor. - eh?
* Be able to fill up others suits. - there's an unfinished handheld o2 bottle im adding.
* Should be able to see h2o levels on dazed. - o2 levels? i think they ignore for now, i'll get around to it one day
* Eva Suits have instant build time. - oops
* Should be able to rotate EVA Suit Station. - i struggled to make the graphic not look shit, maybe one day
* Only prioritize MIMEX if it is missing more than 50 units or so (Important - now you fill it all the time with just one). - yeah i need to fix that
* Skylight image should be more transparent. - tried that and didn't like it, could add another style
* Polymer icon should be blue. - i'll do that when i make a custom graphic for it

Canute

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 04, 2017, 08:13:11 AM

upped it to 60 for next patch and tyriaelsobans tips are good. For v4 there will be a full weight based cargo config screen before you start so you can pick exactly what you want. Also you could use scenario editor to add extra stuff but it will be sitting on the surface of mars before you land.
Don't made it too easy.
You don't need to build anything at start just the basic things to survive.

Quote* Unhappy nudity while showering? - figured its not a big deal because of the bonus from showering
Does the pawns still take a shower while they are in EVA  ? Then they should use that skill when they undress at the EVA station too :-)

Nord

I always liked bulk meal mod, so here redacted def, allowing to prepare 4 simple or fine meals at a time:

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]