[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueWinds

The initial drop is scarce - everything's in short supply, you have to count every last steel, aluminum and steel (this is good! It's vital to the feel of the mod). But subsequent cargo arrivals feel incredibly rich, overabundant with resources that I didn't really need.

Thus a thought - make the initial landing two ships rather than one, and halve the size of cargo pods. You could then reduce the initial component count and rely on disassembling one of the two landers to make up the shortfall.

Dubwise

Quote from: BlueWinds on January 04, 2017, 01:12:37 PM
The initial drop is scarce - everything's in short supply, you have to count every last steel, aluminum and steel (this is good! It's vital to the feel of the mod). But subsequent cargo arrivals feel incredibly rich, overabundant with resources that I didn't really need.

Thus a thought - make the initial landing two ships rather than one, and halve the size of cargo pods. You could then reduce the initial component count and rely on disassembling one of the two landers to make up the shortfall.

The current cargo setup is temporary, in the next major release the cargo will be limited by weight and certain items will cost requisition points that you earn through research, and you will get to pick your starting cargo so if your are confident that you will be able to make enough food and mine enough iron then you could skip all that and pile up components.

And i think the gap between your starting ships is probably too short, its 1 month gaps which in rimworld is only 5 days so i can jack that up to 3 months

Dubwise

Also can anyone confirm if there's a bug where colonists don't face tv's while watching. because in my vanilla rimworld they dont

Dubwise

Quote from: BlueWinds on January 04, 2017, 02:55:03 PM
Vanilla bug in A16 - I see it with horseshoe pins as well as TVs.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28072.msg284603#msg284603
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29044.0

AHA thanks for linking that, i was pulling my hair out for days trying to work out why that was happening! moving on

buder5

i would like to have the reactor with what needed to make it work into a separated mod i like the reactor idea and need a way to build those reactor core/fuel module that my wish

Dubwise

Quote from: buder5 on January 04, 2017, 03:43:54 PM
i would like to have the reactor with what needed to make it work into a separated mod i like the reactor idea and need a way to build those reactor core/fuel module that my wish

the A16 version isn't ready yet
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25124.0

EldVarg

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 04, 2017, 08:35:26 AM
* Iron floor. - eh?

Ah I mean, you can build iron walls but not floors (not talking about steel).

Thanks for responding to all my suggestions. You mod is the best. Thank you for everything :).

Quote from: dubwise56 author 3 hours ago in Steam
ok confirmed the pawns facing the wrong direction stuff is an A16 bug nothing to do with mars.

Ah good to know.

Dubwise

Updated to v3.0.2

pawns now only haul bags of sand to the MIWEX when it has more than 50 space available

fixed a bug causing skylights to max out at 50% lit

extra components in materials crates

the spacing between starting ships launch dates increased from 1 month to 1 season

irrigation pumps can now be flicked

fixed the message for lost cargo incident

little tweak to incident rates

Iwillbenicetou

Could you make an option for the interval between cargo pods? I just want to test this out before actually trying it normally. I was thinking of having an option in the settings for it.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Dubwise

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 04, 2017, 08:59:46 PM
Could you make an option for the interval between cargo pods? I just want to test this out before actually trying it normally. I was thinking of having an option in the settings for it.

If you mean the countdown speed for the ships then there is a scenario part option to enable turbo timers which doubles the tick speed

Canute

Did you change the the light area for skylights ? just 4 adjacent fields got bright light, others are dark.

Edit: nvm, duskstorm darken the skylights too.

But i notice something different, did you change/modify the berserk status ?
At normal games the berserker just stand around, move slightly and attack anyone with fist at mellee range.
But berserker on mars seek others and attack them with the tools. Alot dangerous. Special when the one berserk in an EVA.

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on January 05, 2017, 12:33:05 PM
Did you change the the light area for skylights ? just 4 adjacent fields got bright light, others are dark.

Edit: nvm, duskstorm darken the skylights too.

But i notice something different, did you change/modify the berserk status ?
At normal games the berserker just stand around, move slightly and attack anyone with fist at mellee range.
But berserker on mars seek others and attack them with the tools. Alot dangerous. Special when the one berserk in an EVA.

well i copied his psycho job driver back in the a15 version to make sure they didn't strip their clothes off while they were outside, i don't know if he changed the way they work since then

Canute

I think the medical kit's don't work like intended for. Pawn's can't treat themself. But not 100% sure yet.
Edit: ok, i am sure, pawn got a bleeding injury on the feet, there is an empty medical bed and he don't treat himself and i don't get an option to force him that to do.

toxic venture event, could you check of these air-outlet was turned on maybe ? Sure some mashine can break even when it is turned off, but the chances are lower.

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on January 05, 2017, 03:32:42 PM
I think the medical kit's don't work like intended for. Pawn's can't treat themself. But not 100% sure yet.

toxic venture event, could you check of these air-outlet was turned on maybe ? Sure some mashine can break even when it is turned off, but the chances are lower.

Make sure their doctor skill is ticked on in the work tab

Done, will be in next patch