[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boogeyman

Have you changed death stuff? I had to enact some space justice and the dead colonist won't disappear from the colonist bar even after burial.

edit. Nevermind it just took way longer than usual. Here are a few notes instead.

- Am I supposed to be able to just spam build new ships with no wait?
- The start seems too harsh with component struggle, but it seems to be addressed for next update.
- Endless plume-sandstorm-SPE-combo all day and multiple breakups on a single day happen quite often. Farming was useless until I got the reactor up for unhindered power generation.
- I understand that this is still in development very much but some stuff is just hard to figure. How many AGS do I need? What do I need to make fuel? Stuff added to the learning helper, the hints on the right side of screen and explisit info in the item stat screens could really help. The reactor was friendly enough to tell exactly how to put it up. For number of AGS needed or do I need more than 1 mist ever etc. I have no idea and it is just guesswork. And you don't want to be guessing in a mod like this.
- Automation of EVA via the restrict menu would be sweet. Manually telling 10+ colonist every day to suit up is too much micro. The auto area restriction and suits off works sweet.
- Maybe some the traits could go away. I don't see a drug abusing pyromaniac who doesn't have social skills making the cut to be on mars missions.
- The work grouping could be clearer. Now you have repair and dig sand in the same thing and cut stone and make drugs in the same thing. Don't know how much you can change this stuff though.
- Currently the most interesting mod around! Hope you keep it going.

Canute

Quote- Am I supposed to be able to just spam build new ships with no wait?
You can order to build a new one yes, but only 1 ship can be build at once, and take much longer then the trip back to earth.

Quote- The start seems too harsh with component struggle, but it seems to be addressed for next update.
Not realy IMO, you got enough components to build the basic nessesary stuff for the beginning. You don't need to build all at once.
It helps to build smelter,Comp. assembly.  And mosttimes ship parts will crash alot which give extra components too.

Quote- I understand that this is still in development very much but some stuff is just hard to figure. How many AGS do I need? What do I need to make fuel? Stuff added to the learning helper, the hints on the right side of screen and explisit info in the item stat screens could really help. The reactor was friendly enough to tell exactly how to put it up. For number of AGS needed or do I need more than 1 mist ever etc. I have no idea and it is just guesswork. And you don't want to be guessing in a mod like this.
Yep i can understand you, the ingame documentation isn't very good yet. But believe me, i didn't even looked at the helper.
But there is no formula how many things you need for this or that. I suggest build one and when you notice the storage don't fill, you maybe need another.
But i never needed more then MOXIE and 1 AGS for a rather big base. But it depend how many plants you got too. Plants produce O2 too. I times i got energy shortage, i even just run the MOXIE for 2 x 13x13 habitat and 2x 13x13 plant rooms.
Just expand slowly and got for safety !

Dragoon

Have you thought of making a space colony variation? In space colony you have to worry about the same things but you also have aliens and turrets, and I always loved it but never had a large map or a lot of people while rimworld would be very fitting for it.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Draxis

This is an excellent mod and I'm having a ton of fun with it. One question though: how do I deal with muscle atrophy? My guys are mining all day, so I'd figure they're getting exercise, but all of a sudden they have -45% movement and -45% manipulation. I'm on day 47 so that's less than a year and already 2 of my three colonists seem to be fairly useless.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Draxis on January 14, 2017, 08:17:52 PM
This is an excellent mod and I'm having a ton of fun with it. One question though: how do I deal with muscle atrophy? My guys are mining all day, so I'd figure they're getting exercise, but all of a sudden they have -45% movement and -45% manipulation. I'm on day 47 so that's less than a year and already 2 of my three colonists seem to be fairly useless.
Just build a threadmill or two (requires power), they will use it to train their muscles on their own

Draxis

Yup, just got it working! I was surprised how little it takes to offset the atrophy, but I guess that makes sense given how quickly it appears. Now to slowly expand to nuclear power; I found a RTG on the Curiosity probe and it's been a total life saver.

RickyMartini

Is the water need implementation coming?

silverskin

Would a conveyor belt mod be compatible with MarsX?

It seems like a useful thing to have. A way to move resources into a pressurised base without having to go in through the airlock all the time.

Canute

I could work, didn't test it myself yet.
But these inwall or underground roller are logical not working, they need an airlock too. Or the old conveyor belt mod got a teleporter, but that is far beyond the tech that mars currently use.

But the hauler/cleaner robots from Misc. / robots ++ would be working nice. You could get a robot crate with 2 hauler + 1 cleaner bot from earth.
But i was allready suggesting this, lets see what dubwise will do at future.

silverskin

Perhaps make a special conveyor wall piece that has a built-in airlock? It can cost electricity to run and have a chance at blowing out.

Speaking of which, did the new patch tweak the chances of explosive decompression? It's happened three times in one season.

top_hat_tomato

I'm having a bug which causes landing ships to destroy themselves during decent due to them being 'out of bounds'. Do you want the related error logs here or do you want them posted in some other area or not at all?

Also, I've been  playing this mod for quite some time on the older versions and I got to say, you really (appear) to have the whole modding thing down. Great content, difficult situation, and an interesting scenario.

*Edit : solution is to use a modded trade beacon ( landing beacon ) to set the ship landing zone.

silverskin

I'm getting the same bug, top_hat. Is your colony on a mountainous map? Every lander fails on my mountainous map but when I tried one on a flat map, it landed perfectly fine.

Maybe the lander is trying to come down on overhead-mountain tiles?
The debug log seems to say its having trouble "accessing player start spot". I don't know if that means there's not enough room around the original start location?

Edit: I just formed up a caravan and resettled my colony on another mountain tile, right next to the original base. Then I rushed a lander and it landed just fine. Must be a one-off glitch on some maps. Maybe the best thing to do would be to test a new colony with a dev-rushed lander, then delete it if it works fine and carry on as normal? Shame about the wasted colony, though.

Canute

Do you know you can build a beacon, and the lander will land close to these beacon.
Looks like a trade beacon from vanilla game.

silverskin

I didn't know that. Tried it and it worked instantly and perfectly. Don't I feel foolish, now.

Thanks, Canute.

top_hat_tomato

Quote from: Canute on January 16, 2017, 05:35:49 AM
Do you know you can build a beacon, and the lander will land close to these beacon.
Looks like a trade beacon from vanilla game.

I didn't know that, I'll give it a shot and see if that fixes my problems.
Thanks.

*edit : It fixed my problems.