[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milso

Is there a way to automatically put the suits back on?  Feels very micromanagement manually telling them every morning to suit back up.

Hayhorse

If this is possible adding an air supply. What if someone created a underwater survival mod? Start in deep sear diving gear with limited O2 and have to try and survive.

Canute

What do you mean with air supply ?
On the EVA station pawns in suits can refill their suits, currently not sure if you could do this still at the air outlets too.

QuoteIs there a way to automatically put the suits back on?  Feels very micromanagement manually telling them every morning to suit back up.
No, and the author said he didn't plan to made these auto.
You can use every morning the call to let all wear the suits.

malloc

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2017, 04:40:39 AM
You can use every morning the call to let all wear the suits.

That's slightly less micro but it doesn't work if you have any Night Owls and trades some of the micro for inefficiency as even with a set sleep schedule not every pawn will go to bed at the same time or wake up at the same time.  If you have them all put their suits on at the same time, your cook is now working slower for no reason as well as anyone else with indoor tasks still to do.

I've only played one game with this mod through to 'completion' (i.e. base done, stable, things become boring so time to start a new colony) but in those few years it took to get to that point I found the ritual of the mornings a low point in an otherwise excellent mod -- staring where the 'x colonists idle' indicator would show up to let me know to take it off triple speed, find the person ready to go and have them put their suit on, resume triple speed and wait for the next person to finish eating/showering/terletting/joying ready to go to work.

RickyMartini

I am pretty sure that adding a button to the colonist bar would at least mitigate this problem. That way you can see on the colonist bar whether they are with a suit or not, and without searching them on the map or slowing down time, you can tell them to put their suit on.

Remember though, it will never happen that both auto equip and auto unequip are added. never. It makes no sense, otherwise you'd have colonists put on their suit for every single task that is a bit outside of the base. Huge waste of time.

Also, probably a nightmare to code. Maybe even near impossible.

malloc

Putting the suit on could be scheduled.  Sleep, joy, anything, Equip Suit, Work, Sleep, Repeat.  That would allow setting up the 'indoor' types from the 'outdoor' types.  You would still have to micro a little for pawns that sometimes work indoors and other times do not based on work availability (i.e. Grower/Hauler with all growing and indoor hauling complete) but that should eliminate the majority.  Auto-unequip should stay as it currently is.

Muramas

I can't seem to be able to farm. I setup the hab, water pump, soil inside, water attached to the waterpump from the ship but it still won't let me farm.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Muramas on January 17, 2017, 10:30:35 AM
I can't seem to be able to farm. I setup the hab, water pump, soil inside, water attached to the waterpump from the ship but it still won't let me farm.
Did you make sure that the room has a atmosphere/a vent for pumping O2/CO2 in? Also is it warm enoug inside?

Canute

Maybe you should rework your Base/Colony if your people need that suits that much.
Only at the beginning my people needed to go outside.
Later most of my people stayed indoors.
Don't forget the suit got a massive global work malus, if you can craft indoors without suit the work goes alot fast.
Even mining you should think to pressure it.
But beware when you settle in a mountain, there are still some outdoor caverns, it can be dangerous if you don't build airlocks from time to time.

QuoteI can't seem to be able to farm. I setup the hab, water pump, soil inside, water attached to the waterpump from the ship but it still won't let me farm.
You forget to place soil !

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2017, 12:35:20 PM
QuoteI can't seem to be able to farm. I setup the hab, water pump, soil inside, water attached to the waterpump from the ship but it still won't let me farm.
You forget to place soil !
SURELY s/he didn't forget to make and place the soil in which you grow stuff in, OR? (Mars soil won't work, SMALL HINT)  ;)

Canute

ops, i overwrote "soil inside" my bad.
Did you build skylights or sunlamps (when in a mountain) ?

Muramas

I made soil from the soil workstation and have a gas line from the cave my ship landed in to the outside hab. The hab has heat, light, pump and soil.

http://imgur.com/a/EQk41

Does there need to be an air out in the hab as well as inside the cave?

RickyMartini

Is the pump even working? You need water too obvi.

Canute

QuoteDoes there need to be an air out in the hab as well as inside the cave?
At start i would say yes, marian atmosphaere is toxic.
Once the plants are growing you theoretical can turn off the outlet if you need the power. The plant produce O2.
And you should connect the greenhouse with your mountain base, at this way the plants geting more CO2 from your pawns and dubwise said, they grow better with more CO2.

EldVarg

Also don't forget to assign the growing area. Forgot that one myself :p.