[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muramas

Okay...I figured it out. The soil was turning into dead soil when I moved the bag of soil from the cave to the hab.

Lerin

Idea:

Crops and seeds diversity for increase survival immersion:
Every single seed has trait
Exanple:

Growing time,
Size,
Minimum soil fertility,
Health points,
Life span,
Co2 conversion,
Temperature min max,
Amount of harvestable crops,
Amount of seeds when extracted.

Our botanist are forced breed best seedling in hydrponics basins, best crop will be need extracted for seeds.

This is possible dubwise56 ?

yavorh

I can't seem to grasp how to get the Nuke material for the generator. When I hover over it it shows that I have it, but when I go to construct it it says I don't... Am I supposed to deconstruct something for it? I've already disassembled Curiosity and Pathfinder, also tried disassembling the RTG - no luck.

Canute

No, you need to request the core and fuel from Earth.
Select Fleet from the button at the down row, and change the cargo for one of the next ship which start.
1 Fuel reach 1 or 2 years (can't remember without active game) so you better order 2.
The basic reactor don't give much power, but with a few expansion you will have more then enough power.

yavorh

Quote from: Canute on January 22, 2017, 05:28:47 PM
No, you need to request the core and fuel from Earth.
Select Fleet from the button at the down row, and change the cargo for one of the next ship which start.
1 Fuel reach 1 or 2 years (can't remember without active game) so you better order 2.
The basic reactor don't give much power, but with a few expansion you will have more then enough power.

Ah... Well all four of the Ares' have landed already and I'm working on a huge project (which I will post here soon), so I guess it will be some time before I can refuel them and get the reactor stuff. :D

Houkime

Ground penetrating scanner doesn't detect anything at least in my save. I hoped for steel and invested in scanner to prevent steel shortage but somehow there is no metal underground.

Also in desert it should be possible to extract metal from sand. Mars is red because it is ferrous.

Canute

ferrous yes, but it is ironoxid or called rust, thats why it called the red planet.
And that is pretty hard to convert back to rawiron.

Houkime

Actually it is not at all as hard as producing liquid methane from atmospheric CO2.

You can use hydrogen and heat (one of the cheapest solutions) or a thermal breakdown. Hydrogen turns back into water in the process so no water is lost.
You can also use waste CO from MOXIE  (or even produce CO intentionally) and thus go without using water at all.
Very basic chemistry. Mix, heat, and that's it. I myself did it back in school.

Because martian sand is not pure rust you might need to enrich it to the point that it is smeltable after treatment with hydrogen (remaining waste will just float atop of molten pool) but otherwise there should be no real problem.

It is very probable that real-life martian colonists will do sth like that ^_^. Because otherwise you will need to mine stuff in order to get metal, and mining equipment tends to be very-very heavy (and again you will need to enrich and smelt).
Also if not using sand it will be needed to have both ice and metal near colony which is not really an often thing since you need to mine literal _hundreds_of_ tons_ of ice to refuel Musk's ITS and not every ice deposit has this... Well, unless you're ready to scavenge across a huge area for it.

top_hat_tomato

I'm having a bit of a bug. It requires a bit of a preface though. So Around a year in-game I finished my first reactor. Now I've finished my second, though instead of warming up the surrounding area, it's at a chilly -250c. I think it could have been caused because all of my radiators and thermometric generators were all connected ( 16 and 8 respectively) before the main reactor component was finished.

Thank you for your time.

*Edit/solution for extremely cold nuclear reactors.
Too many radiators. Remove them and your room with the reactor will heat up.

EldVarg

Canute

Gratz, you discovered the Thermodynamic generator, convert heat into power ! :-)

top_hat_tomato

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2017, 02:58:00 AM
Gratz, you discovered the Thermodynamic generator, convert heat into power ! :-)

Yeah, I know that they're supposed to do that, but I thought it was interesting that 4 with one reactor kept the room at around 50 to 70c while now with 8 generators and 2 reactors the room is 'just a wee bit colder'.

Belgrath

Hello.
Am I the only person getting crew from Earth on the second flight of Cargo configuration of the Ares?
I had the last 2 Ares turn up with 6 cargo containers and 3 crew that I did not want or need so I hack the save to remove them.
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

EldVarg

I got that bug too and Dubwise is aware of it.

top_hat_tomato

Another minor bug. The bars at the bottom left ( that show oxygen, toxicity, co2, humidity ) don't show up on a 1440p monitor at 1.5 scale UI or larger. This is not a high priority bug, I mainly am making this post for others who are having the problem to find.