[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EldVarg

Explain more. Joy activities like running treadmill? Scheduled or free time?

It's a know bug that sometimes treadmill is not used when it should, if pawn is doing long term jobs like making statues. Will be fixed later on.

Canute

No, i never got problems with joy activities.
But i didn't run much mods together with Mars. My pawn's needed to play horseshoes,chess and take long walks on the treatmill.

Since this is a Total conv. you should be carefull what mod's you add to it.

EldVarg

I will make a modpack for MarsX soon.

Adding mods that will fit the theme (nope no aliens) - to add content and features that fit the year 2035 or something. Will modify mods as I see fit. Like change wood to other materials (or just add) for building things.

yavorh

Nah, treadmills are used - nothing else is. I have even attempted using "Additional Joy Objects" mod to cure this.

Even if I set the whole 24 hours to "Joy" for all colonists they will NOT use any joy activities and will be constantly at Very joy deprived. I can post a mod list once I'm home, but I think it's a mod conflict.

Some key mods I'm using are Psychology and EPOE.

EldVarg

I'm currently doing a MarsX v3.03. It will have some fixes and balance changes. What changes do you think it should have?
Taking about minor xml changes here and not new feature. Like that building should be able to be moved/flicked off, have different amount of health, or more description. Please also state why.

3.03 Done:
* Windturbine: Flickable. Power should be able to be turned off.
* EVA Suit Station: Minifiyable. Should be small enough to be moved.
* All trees: 3 times faster growth rate. Wood should be a luxury material on mars and more realistic.
* EVA Suit: 3 times as fast wear down. Now they should not hold for many years if you use them a lot.
* Tanks has more health and solar panels less. Now they have about the same to each other - more realistic. Also added som description to tanks to better differentiate them.
* Removed the Freeze-dried in the Ration pack name. Fix bug in crates where text is too long. Also makes the spoilage more logical.

Will do:
* Different icons for all materials like inflatable and polymer.
* Add Bauxite & Iron Ore that you have to smelt before use.
* Balance crafting time. Now instant on most.
* Skylights use new more transparent graphics. Also takes longer time to build.
* Sunlamp with less power usage.

May do (non XML but small changes):
* Less Icy sand.

Dubwise will do the 3.5 update in 1-2 months or so. It will have new content, especially from the other mods he are making. He is currently working in Rimushima.

yavorh

1. EVA stations when deconstructed with a suit in should drop suit on the ground, not obliterate it forever more.
2. Skylights should "turn on" maybe a bit earlier or turn off a bit later.

EldVarg

Please explain why 2.

Agree with 1, but it's no simple xml change - will add it to the bug list though.

yavorh

Quote from: EldVarg on February 09, 2017, 09:34:56 AM
Please explain why 2.

Agree with 1, but it's no simple xml change - will add it to the bug list though.
At the current time sky lights "turn on" and emit 100% light between certain hours, forgot what they were, but they were once the outside light has hit a certain level - either 80 or 100%. However plants require at least 50% light to grow, meaning that there are far less hours in which the plants are growing than what they could be.... But then again I guess that having it set at the middle point between 50 and 100% roughly is a good balance for the skylights being 100% light all the time so never mind.

Canute

I agree to the skylight thing, do you know the light source with PET-flask at manila, thats lowtech skylights.
You could increase the buildcost too, a construct of mirrors catch the early sunlight and concentrate it at the area below. Since the skylights are a bit above the ground (don't forget you can grow trees inside) you are geting earlier bright light then on regulary ground.

Quote* Windturbine: Flickable. Power should be able to be turned off.
Do you mean turbine to generate power, or the windtrap to catch CO2 ? I can't imagine to turn of the turbine.

Quote* All trees: 3 times faster growth rate. Wood should be a luxury material on mars and more realistic.
I don't see a reason tho change the growspeed. Yes the gravity is lower, they prolly raise faster into high. But the same effect let the wood be weaker then compared to earth-wood.
But since you speak about tree's. I don't know how dubwise handle tree's at the O2/CO2 consume/production. Since a tree need more groundspace, but grow higher, maybe ask him about that.

EldVarg

Ah yes will make the Skylights both take more time and cost more.

I mean the Wind Trap yes, they cost 335W and in dire times they should be able to be flipped off.

The change in tree growth is not to make them grow slower on mars, but to make them grow more like real world growth time. They still grow to fast, but you can say that about many things in Rimworld/MarsX.

I do talk to Dubwise, help him out with this. Trees and co2 usuage will be more complax later on. This patch is just about some blancing and fixes.

Instructor

Canute

No Sex,Drugs or Rock&Roll on NASA missions !! :-)

Martinlautaro

Quote from: Canute on February 12, 2017, 02:14:07 AM
No Sex,Drugs or Rock&Roll on NASA missions !! :-)

Then why send us adiccts? Nasa need a better filter program.....

Quote from: Instructor on February 11, 2017, 04:22:15 PM
Where's the smokeleaf tho?

Go to Mars mod folder, search for Plants_Cultivated_Farm.xml and add the code in the ame place show in image.

I found the problem when I tried to get Devilstrand and canĀ“t. You can copy that lines from any other plant ;)

agentbad

My colonist won't auto suit up before trying to go outside. I set the restrictions so what am I missing?

Canute

There is not auto suit up, you need manualy order the pawn to switch to the EVA.
But when your unsuited pawn try to move outside, you maybe didn't set up the zone correct and/or didn't assign the right zones at the EVA station.
You need manualy expand the area your pawn can live without suit, and these area shouldn't be home area. And this area you should set at the EVA station, then the pawn change to that area auto. when he put the suit into the station.