[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

profit

Can you make the freeze dried ration packs not require refrigeration?
It is not hard to provide on mars, but I always kinda thought that was the main advantage of freeze drying.

Canute

It is allready on the "to fix" list.
And i suggest to you to add the Rimfridge mod. :-)

tigg

Quote from: EldVarg on February 21, 2017, 11:14:08 AM
Quote from: tigg on February 21, 2017, 07:46:51 AM
I've got 3 x Ares4 ... not sure what's going on there.

Ah have not heard about this bug before. Did you get more ships (than the scenario said) or where they just renamed?
Will add it to the bugtracker.

I'm not sure to be honest.

You've done such a great job with this mod, I love it. The only reason I bothered to upgrade from A12 to A16 was Mars.

At this point I've got more vicodin, coffee and freeze dried meals than any community in the history  of the world - I've got a stack of cargo crates sitting around unopened because they have those things in them and I don't want to have to make more storage for them. The ability to more finely choose what is in the cargo crates would be good - there's no way to get medicine without stuff I really don't need or want.

It seems like at the beginning you have to wait forever to get a ship and then they're turning up every time you turn around.

Programmdude

Can we get kPa instead of PSI, considering 80+% of steam users use metric, it would be appreciated.

Dubwise

yeah the plan is to have weight and point based cargo selection and boosters will get tied up doing other jobs like research missions, i'll probably do the weight part for the 3.5 update, then v4 will tie it all in with research and requisition points.

I might actually change psi to kpa in the code then make the readout clickable to toggle the display conversion to psi

tigg

Something else I noticed: when I select all of the EVA stations, I can change the Manual/Autorest in one click but to change the HAB or EVA areas I need to click each individual station. Is that intentional?

Dubwise

Quote from: tigg on February 21, 2017, 08:23:57 PM
Something else I noticed: when I select all of the EVA stations, I can change the Manual/Autorest in one click but to change the HAB or EVA areas I need to click each individual station. Is that intentional?

Just the way gizmo buttons work in rimworld

tigg

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 21, 2017, 08:30:11 PM
Quote from: tigg on February 21, 2017, 08:23:57 PM
Bummer - good reason to keep sending pawns back to earth - saves some of that tedium

Just the way gizmo buttons work in rimworld

yavorh

EldVarg

Nothing new, dubwise still working on Critically (Rimushima 3.0).

But I think he soon will start with MarsX again.

snakeanarchy

Ever consider doing a Total Recall (1990) themed extension to this mod?

Dubwise

Quote from: snakeanarchy on March 17, 2017, 09:05:05 AM
Ever consider doing a Total Recall (1990) themed extension to this mod?

Yup, lots of other stuff to do before trying it

Ruisuki

I love the idea of this mod. Would be cool if after escaping the rim you could enter into a scenario like this.

Dubwise

status update on 3.2.
Upgraded all the pipes and storage tanks so the performance is several billion times better now, i changed the air code so that instead of only working on individual cells when pushing and pulling gasses from rooms it acts on the whole room in 1 go, so venting is much faster again and you don't get the dodgy spiky air levels when you roll your mouse over air outlets or adjacent cells to doors and vents. I added visible air puffs to doors that gushes out in the direction that the air is moving, and with size based on pressure difference, so you have a visible indication of where air is moving.

Included EldVarg's def tweaks and balances, and started fixing bugs like cargo ships picking up crews from earth and ships landing in dodgy places, cleaning up how landing beacons work yada yada. And started changing the status indicator lights on all the buildings to use the led's from Rimatomics (Rimushima v3), so they are all sparkly and lit and easy to see now and i made night lighting very dark so it makes the new lights really pop.

I'm trying to setup an earth faction which allows pawns to have relations back on earth that they could talk to for mood buffs, or if they die get mood debuffs and so on. It will also fix the pawn generation bug where the pawns cant generate relations which i introduced in A16 when i swapped out the whole world gen for my own copy and removed the nasa faction so there wasn't a base on the planet which looked odd.

Tweaked the minable resources so there is a lot more local iron and bauxite, the iron starts as an ore type then you have to smelt it to pure iron then steel and the pure iron cant be used as buildings material anymore. Its going to be much harder to send metal from earth because it will eat up a lot of weight

Changing clothes so everyone starts in a blue jumpsuit and all clothes are made from cloth but with random tints, and i want to make cloth so you have to actually spin sheets of cloth before you can make anything from it.

Skylights have been tweaked again to try and fix the bug that sometimes limits overlapping cells to 50% lit and they have a much wider area, but they now require transparent poly-carbonate to construct.

Merged Rimkit back in so its got the new tool graphics and I'm also changing how Rimkit works seeing as tynan is now adding self healing for A17, the medkits will be consumable with x number of uses that allow bandaging on the spot, and allow doctors to bandage others on the spot if i get that working today, the standalone for that version of Rimkit will be released in the next day or 2, i have no idea how tynans self healing will work.

Merged Bad Hygiene back in so it has all the new graphics and baths and room types and moods and so on, and it will include a version of the central heating system that im adding to the next version of hygiene, if you're interested in the hygiene mod the patch will include hidden underfloor pipes, the same pipe performance fixes that i made for mars, some other fixes for how they use toilets and finally enabling needs for hospitality visitors because its been updated and now works!

Merged the new reactors from Rimatomics but they will be limited to small cores and the TEG's and radiators rather than full turbines and towers, but you will be able to keep adding parts to a single loop rather than the old setup where it was 4x TEG's and 8x rads max per core, and it uses the new reactor control computer so you can monitor exactly how much cooling you need and tweak the output and so on, and the transformers don't magically generate extra power anymore. Rimatomics itself has grown pretty large now, almost as big as mars, and it has the first implementation of the custom research system i planned for mars, it allows me to run independent research on separate benches, with multiple steps, and multiple modes for the steps like theory work with different skills like construction or crafting or research, or sciences in the case of mars, building requirements and standard research prerequisites, data gathering tasks which could be anything from testing lasers to exposing people to radiation to just using a toilet, and custom steps which let me check for anything like if you have 2 buildings connected via the correct type of pipe, so i also double it up as a tutorial system for constructing your first reactor.

All that research stuff will come later in v4 so 3.2 and any other patches up until then will just be all these general improvements

Ruisuki

Sounds like a long list of great updates Dubs! Will the bad hygene update be released around the same time as the rimkit standalone or is it further off? Ive been waiting to try it out so I can wait a little longer before installling