[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

What version of Rimworld do you use.
Do you use other mods too ?

Try to attach the output_log.txt  file from the data folder to your responce. Then the author got a chance to identify the problem.

PreDiabetic

First of all I must say. This mod is game changer. I loved it. But I have couple of question if anyone can help me out I'll be appreciated.
1: Why my colonists don't remove their EVA suit inside when having fun work etc. They only remove while sleeping. (AutoRest) I set 2 different zone. One is inside HAB other is Eva zone (all map except HAB) Both zone have Intersection Airlock 3 tiles long.
2: Is there way to command Colonists to suit up EVA with shortcut instead of clicking icon on screen? (like F1,C,Ctrl3 etc)
3: I selected mountain tiles. EVERY other shuttles (Ares2,3,4) Landed on MOUNTAIN and disappeared. Is this really suppose be happen like that?
4:Whats with O2 Scrubber? does this even work? There is not enough Co2 inside of feed it and it doesn't work on outside. I really don't need it but I use it to decrease Co2 in HAB.
5:Flow on air dispenser means something? I have 2 dispenser with %10 flow (because it min) yet they can feed 30x50 building easily.
6: This is not question but suggestion. I hope we can use our feces to make fertilizer to improve soil even more. Like %150 or %200.
7: What does moisture do?

Canute

Quote3: I selected mountain tiles. EVERY other shuttles (Ares2,3,4) Landed on MOUNTAIN and disappeared. Is this really suppose be happen like that?

did you notice you can build "trade beacons" ? At mars you don't trade, they act as signalfire for your incomming crafts and land near that beacon.
Without beacon they just land randomly at the map.

Andy_Dandy

Do anyone know if there is gameplay videos of v3 where gamers are not playing the lowest difficulties? Seems like the Youtubers playing this mod all suffer from collective cowardice.

Canute

So far i remember difficult shouldn't matter at Mars, since there are no raid no manhunter.
All other events just happen, and can't scale at the difficult.

top_hat_tomato

Quote from: Canute on May 26, 2017, 03:36:14 PM
So far i remember difficult shouldn't matter at Mars, since there are no raid no manhunter.
Variables such as crop yield and people having breakdowns does in fact scale with difficulty, but to your point, it's not a large difference.

Boogeyman

Dubwise

Nope, still working on Rimatomics and my hygiene mod a lot right now since that has become very popular, but most of the stuff i'm doing is setup to be re-used in MarsX, so i have the custom research system which is all setup and working in Rimatomics with multiple projects on multiple benches with multiple steps and data gathering and so on which in mars will be combined with all the science skills, all the upgrades and testing i have done with the hygiene and central heating stuff using the feedback from people playing the standalone mod, updated skylights, updated rimkit/medkits.

I have a version of mars working in A17 with new lighting effects, new air code that runs much faster and smoother, air effects on doors in the direction the air is moving, reactor code from Rimatomics, lots of other bits, but there's some changes to worldgen that i need to find workarounds for before its fully working in A17 like his new ocean layer which is making mars blue, if that wasn't an issue i could have updated to 17 pretty quickly but since 17 doesn't really add anything that useful for mars i'm not going to rush it, just going to build a nice big plump update making use of everything i have and all the new bits in A17 like the def patching, once Rimatomics is out and i'm going nuts on MarsX again i'll start posting screenshots and streaming it like i have been doing with Rimatomics.

So while you aren't getting regular updates i have a crap load of stuff built for it and everything is going to come together.

Umbreon117

Quote from: dubwise56 on June 19, 2017, 01:31:04 PM
Nope, still working on Rimatomics and my hygiene mod a lot right now since that has become very popular, but most of the stuff i'm doing is setup to be re-used in MarsX, so i have the custom research system which is all setup and working in Rimatomics with multiple projects on multiple benches with multiple steps and data gathering and so on which in mars will be combined with all the science skills, all the upgrades and testing i have done with the hygiene and central heating stuff using the feedback from people playing the standalone mod, updated skylights, updated rimkit/medkits.

I have a version of mars working in A17 with new lighting effects, new air code that runs much faster and smoother, air effects on doors in the direction the air is moving, reactor code from Rimatomics, lots of other bits, but there's some changes to worldgen that i need to find workarounds for before its fully working in A17 like his new ocean layer which is making mars blue, if that wasn't an issue i could have updated to 17 pretty quickly but since 17 doesn't really add anything that useful for mars i'm not going to rush it, just going to build a nice big plump update making use of everything i have and all the new bits in A17 like the def patching, once Rimatomics is out and i'm going nuts on MarsX again i'll start posting screenshots and streaming it like i have been doing with Rimatomics.

So while you aren't getting regular updates i have a crap load of stuff built for it and everything is going to come together.
Can't wait for the A17 update...
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

NakedFury

I hate to sound so ignorant but where the hell is this Rimatomic you keep mentioning all over the place?
ITs not here.
Steam workshops doesn't have it either.

I can't find that to see what is so interesting about it that you would skip working on MarsX for it. :-\

Dubwise

Quote from: NakedFury on July 09, 2017, 03:01:27 PM
I hate to sound so ignorant but where the hell is this Rimatomic you keep mentioning all over the place?
ITs not here.
Steam workshops doesn't have it either.

I can't find that to see what is so interesting about it that you would skip working on MarsX for it. :-\

Rimatomics is the new version of my nuclear reactor mod Rimushima that didn't get updated from A15 because i decided to remake it from scratch, lots of people have been waiting a long time for it so i need to finish it first. Its an evolution of the reactor i made in MarsX v3 and a lot of the features I'm spending time on were planned for mars, so the A17 version of MarsX is Rimatomics, Hygiene & Heating, Skylights and Rimkit all bundled into a single project and then i swap out stuff and bolt on all the extra mars features and updates.

Here's the thread for Rimatomics, I've posted a bunch of pics there showing bits and bobs https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25124.195

NakedFury

Thanks. Now that one I had seen and saved for later check up, after marsx.

Sorry I did come out as aggressive but I kept seeing you promote that mod on another name so I kept getting pissed off for not finding it.

Dubwise

No problem i know people are gagging for more mars updates, i only have 1 pair of hands so it takes a while. Rimatomics is a pretty giant mod now and its taking a long time because i keep rewriting parts and adding more detail, but i do it because its fun and I'm learning and i know people are going to love it once its done, the custom research was a big fiddly job i have nailed down now so once its copied into mars i can start spamming project defs and lab equipment. Also the hygiene system which was just a little bonus feature for mars has now got 30k subs on steam for the standalone version, which is 3x as many as mars has so i pay a lot of attention to that too, which isn't bad it just means you end up with a better hygiene and heating setup in mars.

Aszh

Gagging is right!  I check this thread almost literally every day to see if Mars is updated yet... any rough ETA on Mars or Rimatomics?  I'd love to see both.

Dubwise

i'm sorry no eta on mars, i did a long play test with rimatomics to iron out bugs and balance but decided to make a new icbm launch system and transformer incidents and easter eggs and add more detail to the cores and redo all the building upgrade stuff, it was a level system with little boosts to everything but im changing it to actual components you research and make and install that have bigger boosts for single stats so you can specialize more, and of course that will end up in mars too. Test version will be up on the forum once the upgrade stuff is done