[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EldVarg

Testing have not started yet. Will take a while.

Aels224

Sorry for my English I'm French.
May the force be with you...

Harry_Dicks

Is this mod considered on hold? Just curious if anyone knows if a B18 release is even on the horizon?

Dubwise

I'm still working on it, been busy updating rimatomics and hygiene to b18 but im almost finished with all that, then i'll be focusing on this to get v4 finished using all the fancy stuff i made in the other mods

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 24, 2017, 08:09:53 AM
I'm still working on it, been busy updating rimatomics and hygiene to b18 but im almost finished with all that, then i'll be focusing on this to get v4 finished using all the fancy stuff i made in the other mods
Work faster! Or else "Surviving Mars" from Paradox gonan steal your job! :D

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 10, 2018, 10:16:52 PM
Quote from: dubwise56 on December 24, 2017, 08:09:53 AM
Work faster! Or else "Surviving Mars" from Paradox gonan steal your job! :D

It's not fair you tease me posting here. My heart almost skipped a beat when I saw that, and thought maybe there was some update news :P I don't know why, but I'm really loving mods that add new systems to RimWorld. I wish there could be someway to incorporate some of MarX systems, like the atmosphere in RW. Wow I just thought, how crazy and complicated and awesome would it be, if you could launch "shuttle" your pawns and supplies back and forth between a RimWorld colony, and a "moon base" (like MarsX, where you must build an enclosed base) using the ship you build ingame, or a shuttle from a mod or pod launchers or whatever. Maybe only special resources are on this moon that you need. Or maybe the moon has the final ingredients for the last part of the ship, that you must slowly keep bringing back to your home base for assembly, coming from the moon base. I don't know, I just get these ideas in my head and start typing, only to think some of them aren't that great afterwards..  ::)

Dubwise

added a few screenshots of the world gen stuff i have been working on to this album https://imgur.com/a/GtcLf
I started a fresh project for B18, fixed the big problem of the ocean material having blue fog which is what stalled a17 being updated, so even if only 30% of the world is being generated the rest still renders as mars surface instead of blue fog, replaced planet feature names with ones from mars, stripped roads and rivers, added named craters, replaced my old dust devils with his tornado code, fiddled the biomes, there will be lots of rocky terrain you cant build on to limit you a bit sort of like marshes and lakes in vanilla, and nights are black so the new lights and beacons make it sparkly, next is copying over all the new stuff from the b18 versions of hygiene rimkit skylights and rimatomics which forms the base for the rest of the mod with the new stuff like custom research and new grids for stuff like ice and air

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 11, 2018, 12:36:29 AM
added a few screenshots of the world gen stuff i have been working on to this album https://imgur.com/a/GtcLf
I started a fresh project for B18, fixed the big problem of the ocean material having blue fog which is what stalled a17 being updated, so even if only 30% of the world is being generated the rest still renders as mars surface instead of blue fog, replaced planet feature names with ones from mars, stripped roads and rivers, added named craters, replaced my old dust devils with his tornado code, fiddled the biomes, there will be lots of rocky terrain you cant build on to limit you a bit sort of like marshes and lakes in vanilla, and nights are black so the new lights and beacons make it sparkly, next is copying over all the new stuff from the b18 versions of hygiene rimkit skylights and rimatomics which forms the base for the rest of the mod with the new stuff like custom research and new grids for stuff like ice and air

Wow! Good stuff man, you are so great at what you do. I'm in love with your textures and artwork. I'm amazed by all the new awesome systems that you implement. It all looks and works so perfect together. I am honestly blown away by your work man, you are very talented. I am also blown away by what you do for free for the RimWorld community, and must say thank you for everything. I haven't tried MarsX before, but I am really looking forward to it. I think I can say that I have pretty much all the major mods I need except this one. I'm interested in playing around with all of the atmosphere and gas things, that looks so fucking cool! ;D

Do you have any plans to bring any of these systems to regular RimWorld? I think I can say that you genuinely are one of the best when it comes to building these awesome new complete systems to play with. Some ideas with that are maybe a sprinkler system that could be built off of Bad Hygiene, or maybe a pressurized room system for your hospitals, like they have in real life. Just curious but how long do you think you will work on MarsX, and do you have anything else in the works, or would you know what you would like to work on next, if anything?

EDIT: Does the Earth Facility Manager screen add buildings as you expand it? Also, what's this?

Dubwise

Thanks, i don't plan on porting any more parts of mars to vanilla, things like the air and eva suits would just break too many things and i can only get away with it by stripping out a lot of the game, animals, guns, factions, plants, mod support, so on.

I have ideas for other mods that i would like to do which would re-use stuff i already made but i don't have the time, Rimatomics and hygiene ended up being bigger than i planned which delayed working on this last year, but it was all made to be re-used in mars, plan is to get this upgraded and released then just polish up all my mods so they are neat and tidy for when Rimworld comes out of beta, then decide what to do after that, no more big mods just little bits here and there for the current set.

That earth management screen was just a mock up, was thinking about adding some simple 2d facility building screen to spend research points on as a little extra progression thing like base upgrades in xcom, and i was bored and wanted to try some isometric stuff. And the other screenshot is just a mock up in a game engine for fun, nothing functional

agentbad

Bro you could probably make a whole stand alone game from this and sell it on steam. Much like RimWorld did from Prison Architect. Either way the mod is great. In some ways I like it better then vanilla RimWorld.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: agentbad on January 13, 2018, 02:23:59 AM
Bro you could probably make a whole stand alone game from this and sell it on steam. Much like RimWorld did from Prison Architect. Either way the mod is great. In some ways I like it better then vanilla RimWorld.

Rimworld did NOT do that from PA.  They use the same art style, that is it. No art was used, the engines are different, basically there is no crossover except a similar appearance.

Harry_Dicks

I love when people are so knowledgeable about something, and they just can't help but share! :)

agentbad

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 13, 2018, 02:27:49 AM

Rimworld did NOT do that from PA.  They use the same art style, that is it. No art was used, the engines are different, basically there is no crossover except a similar appearance.

I see that makes since. I still think this mod could be a great standalone game.

GrimTrigger

I look forward to your update of this mod.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: GrimTrigger on January 24, 2018, 03:04:12 PM
I look forward to your update of this mod.

Let's get the MarsX hype train going! 8)