Is it possible to forbid a humanlike race from being able to equip apparel?

Started by Onion, September 13, 2016, 04:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion

Hi, like the subject states I'm wondering if there is any way (through XML) that I can restrict a humanlike race's ability to equip certain types of apparel.  For example, is it possible to create a monk-type pawn that can fight with their fists, but not equip weapons?  Or a race that can equip all apparel types except for helmets, due to their big melon heads?

I saw that each piece of apparel has a <bodyPartGroup> that it covers, so the first thing I did was modify my custom race's BodyDef so they only had a single body part (that I named 'Core').  The BodyDef worked and my race only had a single body part but they were still able to equip all types of apparel.  I have also looked through the humanlike ThoughtDef to see if I can modify something there but I don't think that will help me.

Looking at it now, I see that each piece of apparel also has a <thingCategory>, like 'headgear'.  Is there any way to restrict thing categories per race or pawn?

Shinzy

Not through xml I'm afraid

Best you can do is adjust what these kind of pawns would spawn with (If they're non colony faction)
and ingame to adjust their allowed outfits to not wear helmets on their own, if you have a potato head colonist

Onion

Thanks for the help again Shinzy!  ;D  You answered a question of mine before when my name was conjecture (figured I'd change my name now while still new to the forums) about pawnkind specific backstories.

Speaking of which; right after you answered my previous question, Cpt. Ohu released an assembly / mod framework which allows pawnkind specific backstories, among other things.  I don't know if you've seen it yet but I remember you talking about wanting that feature for your Norbals.  It's an assembly so I have no idea what's in it or how it works, but it might be worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet.  I've been using it to work on my first mod for the last few weeks and everything has gone well so far.  :)

Anyways thanks for answering my questions again, I really appreciate it!  ;D

Shinzy

So you tried to get rid of your debt by changing your name! I see
Well consider yourself lucky for having information that was of interest to me lest there might've been some bust knee caps, myeaah see

I will go to this captain ohu and see his framework