Giant Muffalo

Started by Kirid, March 17, 2014, 03:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

This is an idea for after alpha 3 relase if we can make new pawns.
The general idea is a rare giant muffalo that wanders. Basically a Male(or female) muffalo that wanders herd to herd, assuming all the regular muffalo are all female (or male)
About 2-3 times the times of a normal muffalo.
I perfer if it was purple and had ridiculous huge green/purple horns, just to offset how dopey muffalos normally look, not hating I love muffalos.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

TimMartland

Good idea, but should look like a normal muffalo, maybe with darker shades and big horns. A purple one with green horns would just look dumb and spawn thousands of 'Barney the Dinosaur' jokes.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Kirid

Hehe, yeah that's why I posted it as giant muffalo rather than giant purple muffalo. Maybe there could be 2 versions, one legitimate version with giant muffalo, then one ridiculous purple version for people like me. Or maybe both, bigger male roaming muffalo that are decently common, and also a rare monstrous one. Perhaps blue.. like paul bunyan's ox. I doubt the feature will come with alpha 3 either way, so you can probably expect a mod like this from me sometime.

shadowtajun

I might be able to help with the image for that. I think it'd be a quick fix of the current muffalo.
Blog: www.liteart.tumblr.com
Portfolio: www.shadowtajun.com
Twitter: @tajunshadow

Kirid

Quote from: shadowtajun on March 18, 2014, 11:32:35 PM
I might be able to help with the image for that. I think it'd be a quick fix of the current muffalo.
That would be awesome, I like your art.
I'm not so good with natural objects, the horns I made looked alright...but it would need 2 sets of different perspective horns, sides and front/back, so I gave up :p No horns might be easier. Can't make new pawns right now, or there would probably be animals mods already, but we can have the texture ready. I made a swarm of flies that works except textures are wrong.

shadowtajun

can you show me what you have?

Kirid

heh, sorry no, I either didnt save, deleted, or lost it. It wasn't very good. Something similar to an ibex, not as huge as that.

google.. I didnt draw this, I dont really draw.

shadowtajun

Is this something like what you were thinking?

It reminds me of a bantha hahahah

Kirid

I like that! but now that I think aboout it maybe I should've said buffalo, since they are...muffalo.

The first one is a white buffalo. The second is a decorative compromise between the ibex and white buffalo, a togruta child upside-down. This is actually pretty close to what I drew the first time.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: shadowtajun on March 20, 2014, 06:20:17 AM

That looks like the Muffalo equivalent of Grumpy Cat with a touch of Loki.

"Attacking me for meat? You must be truly desperate to come to me for meat." (tramples you and your puny weapons)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

SleepyFox

The Alphalo (Alffalo?) mod, because clearly it can be male or female according to op? It's like that Far Side strip where the sheep leads the herd out. 'GRAZE!' ... 'BACK TO THE BARN!'. He was the king of sheep.

Being able to tame the Alphalo would be awesome. Ride it into battle.

Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

shadowtajun

Kirid

Thats awesome! Thanks shadow! Those look alot deadlier than the sheep horns. And that hair gives it an extra old touch.

Quote from: SleepyFox on March 21, 2014, 07:43:46 AM
The Alphalo (Alffalo?) mod, because clearly it can be male or female according to op? It's like that Far Side strip where the sheep leads the herd out. 'GRAZE!' ... 'BACK TO THE BARN!'. He was the king of sheep.

Being able to tame the Alphalo would be awesome. Ride it into battle.
I haven't ever need that strip.. Alphalo is a cool idea, But the behavior is harder to mod. This wandering one would basically be an independant animal. Interaction with existing herds, I don't know how I would do that, alpha females that stay with the herd.

TimMartland

Quote from: shadowtajun on March 22, 2014, 03:52:34 AM
how about this?

This is probably the best model of them all, its awesome!
Someone make this mod.
Now.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Kirid

Heh, I can't make the mod until Alpha 3 I think, can't code certain things yet. But should be out after that. Art is the hardest part.