[MOD IDEA]Randomize until

Started by DoomAngelBlade, September 12, 2016, 10:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoomAngelBlade

I don't know how everyone else does but this.
If you play w/o mods - you have to randomize your character.
Mod "Prepare carefully" gives us ability to edit colonist's stats and what we get when we start the game... but It doesn't have proper limitations. I can get an all 20 skills, sanguine, industrious, very neurotic and my colonist will work like he is a robor... But That's not interesting at all.

That's why I keep randomizing characters... Even if I have "Prepare carefully" mod.

But randomizing a good (for me) character takes 0-60 minutes and is kinda annoying.

I'm not good at modding so I'm leaving this idea here. Maybe it's done already(I hope).

Make a mod "Randomize until".
You put in your criterias and game randomizes the character untill all the criterias are fulfilled.

Criterias such as:
* "Has [Trait]"
* "Doesn't have [Trait]"
* "Is not incapable of [action/group of actions]"
* "Has [Skill] atleast [Number]"
* "Has passion to the [Skill] Atleast [Passion]"
* "Can have [Injury/sickness/addiction]"
* "Doesn't have [Injury/sickness/addiction]"
* "Has [Backstory] adulthood backstory"
* "Has [Backstory] childhood backstory]"
* "Age [Number] or [Lesser/bigger]"
* "Has Relationship"

And it will generate 100 colonists and if none are found that are fulfilling the criterias - it asks to continue(So it won't get endless if someone asks for all skills 20... chance of which is 0.[Alot of 0s]1%)

Caug

In the prepare carefully mod there is an option on the bottom to limit your points. That way you can change your character's stats and starting gear but the points they add up to is finite. I use that to make a "balanced" set of starting characters and items.

DoomAngelBlade

Quote from: Caug on September 12, 2016, 11:47:55 AM
In the prepare carefully mod there is an option on the bottom to limit your points. That way you can change your character's stats and starting gear but the points they add up to is finite. I use that to make a "balanced" set of starting characters and items.

1) It doesn't apply to traits. I can have all best traits and it will cost me 0 pts.
2) Starting pts each time vary because it looks for the characters you currently have and and makes pts out of them. Roll for any high skilled generally good pawn and remake it. Won't happen in randomized tho.
3) Skills cost so low. I can trade the gold of the Rich Explorer into huge bunch of skills.
4) Age matters for game but not for prepare carefully(Heat attack chance + Health problems + sickness recovery time)

Caug

Yea I think you'll have to manually make what you consider an "average" pawn, see how many points it costs, then keep track. Also don't remove starting materials to get stats, only to trade to get different starting materials. You'll have to roll for random traits but you can just roll that part in the prepare carefully mod so it isn't that bad, or you can manually change them to anything else. I mean yea, it would be nice to have a mod for this but if you want to customize what kinds of pawns you want then you might as well customize to what you yourself consider "fair" because your judgement is the only one that matters.