Vent mod can't remember the name .

Started by Monzer, September 12, 2016, 12:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monzer

Hey , I used to use a vent mod in a14 now after wiping my pc and using a15 I couldn't find it when I enter vent and search the only close one is redisheat and its for a12 any idea what was the name of that mod ?

CannibarRechter

skullywag's miscellenous mods had just the vents and AC units from RedistHeat, although I can't recall if he ever quite released them for A14. If he did, it was fairly late in the cycle. Most of his mods require CCL, though, so it won't be out for A15 yet.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Monzer

Quote from: CannibarRechter on September 12, 2016, 12:38:53 PM
skullywag's miscellenous mods had just the vents and AC units from RedistHeat, although I can't recall if he ever quite released them for A14. If he did, it was fairly late in the cycle. Most of his mods require CCL, though, so it won't be out for A15 yet.

yes thanks , it's still a14 thou any alternative ?

CannibarRechter

If it's just art, maybe you could make it work with that Mod Friendly Overrides beta, but otherwise, no ideas.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Jaxxa

What did the mod do?

I have a few vent mods. (That I haven't updated yet)

code99xx

I would also love to see a vent mod that does not require CCL.
I want something that replaces that vanilla hideous vent with a vent that you can build in your walls, thats it.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: code99xx on September 13, 2016, 02:07:24 PM
I would also love to see a vent mod that does not require CCL.
I want something that replaces that vanilla hideous vent with a vent that you can build in your walls, thats it.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21770.msg263590#msg263590
Morgloz' RedistHeat no longer requires CCL! :)

code99xx

Yes but RedistHeat does other things too, things i dont care about. For the moment I only need a vent to replace the vanilla one.

Deimos Rast

skullywag has a mod with just the vents from Redist heat and another with just the coolers. It's not updated of course because of reasons, but it's fairly easy to get working.
#StopPluginAbuse

Vallie

Thanks for the reply, but how do we get it working so that it's just a texture replacement?

I had the previous A14 Skullywag vents/coolers mod, but I don't know what files or content to delete or modify in order to have it only be a texture replacement.  Not sure if there's an easy answer for this, but just wanted to ask.

I've honestly been looking through the forums for the last week or so trying to find a tutorial on how to simply replace textures within the current version of Rimworld, but have come up empty handed; everything is about previous versions that had the files in the core mods folder, etc.  If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be super grateful :)

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Vallie on September 16, 2016, 12:25:07 AM
Thanks for the reply, but how do we get it working so that it's just a texture replacement?

I had the previous A14 Skullywag vents/coolers mod, but I don't know what files or content to delete or modify in order to have it only be a texture replacement.  Not sure if there's an easy answer for this, but just wanted to ask.

I've honestly been looking through the forums for the last week or so trying to find a tutorial on how to simply replace textures within the current version of Rimworld, but have come up empty handed; everything is about previous versions that had the files in the core mods folder, etc.  If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be super grateful :)

IIRC the vents from RedistHeat are placed on top of a wall, whereas vanilla equivalent are a structure of themselves, filling up a tile.
Making a texture replacement-only mod out of it would mean hovering/standing vents on an otherwise empty tile.

What are you looking to remove?

skullywag

Just needs a custom placeworker, this exists in CCL currently. Its very easy to add one though.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?