Started by leondrel, January 01, 2015, 10:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baguette

According to the internet its normal to poop once a day at least
i rarely poop. Should i be worried?
R.I.P all my saves that got permanently corrupted by mods
2015-2015

leondrel

Baguette, I poop like 3 times a week, as long as you're not pushing super hard I reckon it's ok ;)

I might see if there's a way to get the guys to wake up if they're sleeping to poo, might be a bit awkward (coding wise), haven't really looked into it but I've noticed that if pawns are sleepy, they REALLY want to sleep.

If I can't force them to wake up I think I can prevent them pooping themselves during sleep.

Epyk

I think this mod is hilarious. Personally use it for a couple games.   :P
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

leondrel

Alrighty, released version 1.3a, fixed the bugs that ItchyFlea reported and changed a couple of things.

If I get a good stretch of time I should be able to release 1.4 over the weekend.

Still sorting out the poo piping system at the moment. I'm looking at doing it based on flow, so it'll flow from toilets and down pipes until the destination is reached, it will also evenly distribute itself at junctions along the way so piping design is somewhat important.

popster99

are you going to do a compatibility patch for ed personal shields?

ItchyFlea

Got another bug to report:

Bug: NullRef when washing power armour.
Description: The game shits itself (pun intended) when washing soiled power armour.
Other info: This also locks the affected pawn. My colonist hart is stuck at the washing machine, and attempting to force her to do another task fails. Even destroying the washing machine and the soiled power armour with dev tools failed to fix the problem.
Relevant output_log info:
Exception ticking Hart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Everyone_Poops.JobDriver_DoBillWash+<>c__DisplayClass10.<DoWashingWork>b__e () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Toil.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.Cleanup (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.EndCurrentJob (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.EndJobWith (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Everyone_Poops.PooPawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.SingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named . There are 765 defs loaded.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

leondrel

ItchyFlea - That's fixed now =D. It seems to appear if the power armor wasn't soiled properly, possibly loaded from a save where it wasn't create the same way internally, it was missing a reference inside the SoiledApparel class, changed the way I was doing that so it doesn't rely on that reference anymore. Just tried spawning a bunch of random soiled power armors and no exceptions this time around.

I've managed to get the poo piping mostly working, though it seems a bit harder to get the pipes functioning similar to power conduits with their connectivity to buildings. Right now the pipes don't connect to the building. Pretty sure if I walk away and come back I'll have thought of a way around it, I'm probably just overlooking something silly. Dream in coooooode.

I've also got poo silos more or less working the way I want, they can be set to Store or Flow modes, Store mode they'll take up any poo from their pipe and hold it in internal storage, flow they will only take poo out of the pipe if there's too much in the pipe, then when there's less poo in the pipe they'll let it flow back out.
There's a big silo that holds a lot but doesn't let you take the Fresh Poo items out, and a smaller one will generate those items as the poo comes into their storage, it's a 1x1 building and can hold 75 Fresh Poo items on top and another 150 "poo fluids" (75 Fresh Poo) inside. Basically works as a storage container for the Fresh Poo. The big silo is 2x2 and holds 500 of the pipe-able goodies.
The pipes and silos are unlocked via research so there'll still be toilet cleaning jobs until that's researched.

Now I want to work on the poo fueled heating and power generators.... soon I'll be able to have all my prisoners powering my base...

As for the compatibility patch I'll have to talk to Jaxxa and see if they're fine with it. I'll have to check the new version of ED too, if anything has changed in the way that shielded pawns are made then the patch would have to be altered, but shouldn't be too much trouble.

popster99

the poo silo sounds cool but the latrine has a very small storage because after 8 pawns pooping in it it was full to the brim

ItchyFlea

Quote from: leondrel on January 24, 2015, 04:56:06 AM
ItchyFlea - That's fixed now =D. It seems to appear if the power armor wasn't soiled properly, possibly loaded from a save where it wasn't create the same way internally, it was missing a reference inside the SoiledApparel class, changed the way I was doing that so it doesn't rely on that reference anymore. Just tried spawning a bunch of random soiled power armors and no exceptions this time around.

I obtained that power armour by locking a broken visitor in a special little room I built just for him. He kept eating my colonists fine meals and using the longdrop and just wouldn't go away.

I'm looking forward to being able to pipe this stuff everywhere.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

This might either be a feature request or a bug report.

I've got a couple of colonists who wait until the last possible moment to do their business, and are soiling themselves on a regular basis, despite there being toilets and longdrops all over the place. I'd like to be able to tell them to go to the loo when they start feeling the urge, so as to be able to potentially avoid this if catch them avoiding the loo.
Especially since one of them who does this the most often is also one of my cooks.

Aside from that, I'm really liking this mod, simply for the fact that it makes my colonists seem more human.

TheSilencedScream

May I recommend Flaming Bag of Poo?

Collect poo, compress it, and then allow it to be equippable - and turn it into a makeshift molotov.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

HBKRKO619

I think their is a compatibility issue between this mod and cybernetic storm.
When I have activated your mod, I couldn't install by surgery any of body part added by cyber storm and the intestin from this mod replaced the stomach from cyber storm mod in the surgery menu.
When I have desactivated your mod, the stomach was back and I was able to install body part from cyber storm so everything was back to normal exept I can't use your mod xD

leondrel

ItchyFlea: I could certainly look into it but I don't think it's possible as I modeled it after the same code as eating and sleeping, I'll probably have to alter the way the 'urge' comes along and maybe force it to a higher priority? I think I can just change the time that they want to poo or lengthen the time before they have an accident, it should end up with the desired effect.

TheSilencedScream: That was one of my original thoughts before making this mod, haha, a burning poo bag that makes the bad guys feel really nasty to increase their chance of breaking and running away. Also things like poo mine's and just smearing the floor with poo, would cause raiders to think twice before invading!

HBKRKO619: Yeah I think it does, as adding extra recipes to the pawns also breaks the poo pawns, I've been tinkering with a way of changing that, rather than having the poo-able pawns being a class, I could make it a "comp" and it could just be inserted into existing pawns, haven't gotten it to work yet but I think it's possible.