Rimworld opens on 2nd monitor in dual monitor setup

Started by night777, September 13, 2016, 12:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

night777

Hi

Rimworld is opening on my 2nd monitor rather than on the first monitor. This was not the behavior prior to A15, although my memory of this is from a few months back, as I wasn't running dual monitors when I reinstalled Rimworld during the late part of the A14 cycle.

Anyhow, now its opening on the 2nd monitor which isn't where I'd like it to! I wouldn't mind having an option to send the program to display from a certain monitor, but as it is now, its not choosing the primary monitor.

milon

Change it to run in Windowed (rather than Fullscreen).  Drag it to the primary monitor.  (You may need to exit & restart at this point.)  Then change it back to fullscreen.  Should fix it for ya.  If not, let us know what operating system you have.

14m1337

if that doesn't work, try searching your gfx driver tools package for an option to display a specific game on a specific monitor.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Calahan

@ night 777 - Were any of the solutions suggested by milon or 14m1337 able to resolve this issue for you? If so then could you please post confirming this (as this thread can be closed then to save Tynan time checking non-bugs).

Edit 11th October - Closing this thread as resolved as the advice given by those above should have solved this issue, and the OP has not posted again to say otherwise.