Immunity

Started by code99xx, September 13, 2016, 12:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

code99xx

So umm ... ive been wondering about this for a while now BUT, once a colonist develops immunity to some disease (say, malaria), do I still need to keep them in bed or can they just resume being sla... i mean, equally viewed colony members that work normal hours etc etc ?

MikeLemmer

They'll still be in pain & suffer penalties until they fully recover, but they will no longer be at risk of dying. It depends how much you want to risk them suffering a mental break.

code99xx

As it stands, they suffer mental brakes either way ... i had 3 colonists with malaria and ive put them in beds to get healed and had my doctors tend to them and when they were close to get immunity (at roughly 97%), all 3 went nuts and started wandering all over the map ...

Anyway, they got cured eventually ... now they got gut worms not 1 day after the malaria was cured. I cant get a moment of peace in this colony.

mumblemumble

Technically speaking,  the second immunity is had, you can make them work, but having them in bed makes them get better faster.

So your call,  a colonist who can barely stand NOW,  or a colonist who is healthy tommarow?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

code99xx