[A17] Smoke Mortar

Started by ThatOddGuy, June 11, 2017, 04:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatOddGuy

Description & Features

Adds a new mortar structure to the game:

~ Buildable after researching "Mortars" in the general tab
~ Uses special shells called "smoke canisters"
~ Smoke canisters can be crafted in the machining table but merchants will also have them in stock
~ Any projectile that paths through the smoke will have its hit chance reduced by 70%

Thanks to silentdeth for the suggestion!

Compatibility
No compatiblity issues!

Download:
Dropbox
Steam

My other mods:
A17 Smoke Grenades
A17 Increased Dodge Mod

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

Yesssss... Diverse weapons = diverse combat approaches.
Thanks for this and smoke grenades!

What next? Maybe flashbangs? or some kind of disorienting grenade and mortar?

leeadriancatfox

Can you imagine if you added a Sarin Nerve Gas~ Designed to kill over time. Ooppss~ I think I wanna have more Special Mortar Ammunition to choose from. but of course that would be inhumane.

Plasmatic

Quote from: leeadriancatfox on June 16, 2017, 01:07:50 PM
Can you imagine if you added a Sarin Nerve Gas~ Designed to kill over time. Ooppss~ I think I wanna have more Special Mortar Ammunition to choose from. but of course that would be inhumane.

How about rage inducing gas? everybody in the area takes a huge mood hit and goes berserk killing each other..

Technically it's not your fault if they die.. you were just test firing a mortar.. right?

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

Rimworld? inhumane?? nah, forget about it! :)

As for strategies and tactics:
1. rage gas seems a bit cheatish to me. And we already have more conventional weapons, mines, and boomalopes.
2. smoke (and flashbang) allows us to capture people alive as opposed to leaving them to die slowly, cause we gotta patch our colonists first.
3. and "I think I wanna have more Special Mortar Ammunition" like emp grenades for bionics or robots
4. and some kind of slow virus for centipedes that they can take to their, I'm thinking, nest(?), and kill a lot of their brethren who want to destroy all life in the galaxy?

Plasmatic

Quote from: zarathustra_bezbozhnik on June 16, 2017, 10:56:35 PM
Rimworld? inhumane?? nah, forget about it! :)

As for strategies and tactics:
1. rage gas seems a bit cheatish to me. And we already have more conventional weapons, mines, and boomalopes.
Snip

I mean yea.. I didn't mean for it to be completely balanced vanilla weapon, it was just something fun instead of just mortars that go boom..

TheWrongColonist

Is the smoke mortar supposed to be in the security tab?

I already researched it but i don't see it there.

ThatOddGuy

Quote from: TheWrongColonist on August 01, 2017, 05:28:40 PM

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, you probably figured it out by now. The smoke mortar shares its technology with the regular mortar, so if you can build regular mortars you can build smoke ones. Shells included.

TheWrongColonist

Quote from: ThatOddGuy on August 07, 2017, 07:42:22 PM
Quote from: TheWrongColonist on August 01, 2017, 05:28:40 PM

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, you probably figured it out by now. The smoke mortar shares its technology with the regular mortar, so if you can build regular mortars you can build smoke ones. Shells included.

Hello, i only played Rimworld for 10 hours so i might be missing something obvious.

1 - I know the smoke mortar shares its technology with the regular mortar that was the meaning of the 1st image. All mortars are researched as i said before.

2 - The question is: Is the smoke mortar supposed to be next to the 81mm mortar in the security tab(after being researched of course)? Or is it crafted in the machining table like the shells? Or something else? Because i don't see it in the security tab as i have shown in the 2nd image.

If it's not like i said it might be mods conflicting, so here i attach the ModsConfig.xml.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Constance68W

@TheWrongColonist, it may be a conflict with Combat Extended.

Try loading Smoke Mortars AFTER Combat Extended.

I see that your Mortar is named "81mm Mortar" in your Security Tab, so that may be the issue.

Let us know how if it changes.

ThatOddGuy

I am planning on making compatibility patches for Combat Extended soon, but haven't had much time lately to sit down and go through the guides they provided for patching weapon mods.

TheWrongColonist

Quote from: Constance68W on August 19, 2017, 05:40:51 PM
@TheWrongColonist, it may be a conflict with Combat Extended.

Indeed it is Combat Extended, Smoke Mortar only worked after disabling CE. Thanks