[A15] Rim-Magic Magic weapons,clothes, Potions, Etc (ceased)

Started by hendrikpfaff, September 13, 2016, 01:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Mattx0x on September 20, 2016, 04:49:29 PM
A magic skill if implemented could be a prerequisite of crafting/equipping magic items and gear as opposed to attack speed perhaps. And I like where this is going- it has the potential to rival the medieval mod and compliment it too.

I imagine a scenario where you can get invaded by goblins, orcs or hostile cultist enemies and have to defend your castle, even better if you could use diplomacy as well. I like to hope this will make for even more dwarf fortress-esque adventures (ideally, updates build on the game's capabilities for the map to generate a homogeneous and explorable world that feels alive, filled with all the core and mod content to facilitate this concept)

New factions coming soon no worry bro!

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Violyte on September 21, 2016, 01:49:17 AM
Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 20, 2016, 11:31:18 AM
Quote from: Master Bucketsmith on September 19, 2016, 11:54:50 AM
Violyte, that stuff is looking good! :)
(Based on what I see posted in the OP!)

Quote from: drakemasta on September 19, 2016, 10:06:09 AM
could you add insulated winter or arctic versions of the clothing?

Need to whait till i have the full texures :P
Oooohh that's a good idea!
Hendrik, I think you can easily pull this off by having duplicates that only differ in the insulation values and cost/ingredients to make. :)

Master Bucketsmith- Thank you :)

Hmmm like some fur lined robes? That'd be neat- I can do that, and add an equip-able hood with it. Perhaps it should be an outer layer. Yeah sorry it's taking a bit (so many body types and view angles!) I didn't know if you wanted me to send the completed outfits one by one or just wait til they're all done.

I will pause from the outfits and do wands tomorrow so you can have some more completed items to work on.

It would be nice if you can make all texures first and than send it so i can implement all at once. And violyte Those textures look amazing :D

Violyte

Thanks a lot guys! ^_^
And thanks hendrikpfaff for letting me help!

So....... I just had an idea. I could make necromancer clothes and "pets" that are skeletons.
Then you just assign them to your necromancer and, there you go!
There isn't a necromancer mod right?
I already know how to make a fully working pet so I can just give them to you ready.

On that note- @14m1337 that would probably fit with the necromancer

I've made a good amount of progress on the different attire/s.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

14m1337

Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Violyte on September 21, 2016, 11:44:14 PM
Thanks a lot guys! ^_^
And thanks hendrikpfaff for letting me help!

So....... I just had an idea. I could make necromancer clothes and "pets" that are skeletons.
Then you just assign them to your necromancer and, there you go!
There isn't a necromancer mod right?
I already know how to make a fully working pet so I can just give them to you ready.

On that note- @14m1337 that would probably fit with the necromancer

I've made a good amount of progress on the different attire/s.
Awsome. A necro mancer uses magic so i think i can put it in :)

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2016, 09:47:20 AM
Ok, now we got Mage's,Necro's and what is about Priests ?
Some healing wand/books ? :-)
Im working on a healing potion but idk if its possible with fully xml.
Atleasy if that doest work you get your healing book ☺

drakemasta

hhhhmmm heres an idea

bone book of death - animates a courpse into a undead pet depending on level of decay skeleton or zombie (one time use)
glacier book of freeze - does similar effects to stun but no chance of immunity and slow to cast.

molten book of flames - burns enemies and possibly nearby terrain.

wind book of air - air bullet spell (weakest and fastest to cast basicly works like a magic gun)

and you can have fun making outfits to go with them.

one final book

Tartarus tomb of summoning - maybe have 3 levels and only be able to get them via merchant
lvl 1 - summon imp - small weak but skilled at crafting. will wander around your base and craft things.
lvl 2 - summon demon - big and strong great guard. automaticly goes out and smashes raiders.
lvl 3 - summon succubus - works like a standard pawn but males (or if you summon a incubus, females) have trouble aiming at it in combat.

jordanf2209

This mod is pretty cool, it definitely adds something unique to the game. Since you requested that we correct any grammar mistakes in the original post, I fixed a few minor mistakes.

1. This is also an ingredient for crafting Speed Sigils. - changed the wording slightly. 

2. Easy to get a target down for capture so long as they aren't killed by excessive shocks. - changed the wording of the sentence a little.

3. This is a mod I will work on if I have no school work and no school exams. - added "on" to the sentence.

4. I do not own most of the textures or art because I'm terrible at drawing. - removed the capitalization on "do not", changed "im" to "I'm" since it's a contraction of "I am."

5. My mod includes the wizard clothes from the Wizardry Mod by "Omega12", this user is no longer active and did not specify if the use of his art was acceptable or not. All of the credit for the textures/art from the Wizardry mod belongs to the author of Wizardry. - rewrote this sentence to include the author by name, specify why you weren't able to contact him and generally make it a little easier to read.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: drakemasta on September 22, 2016, 05:21:33 PM
hhhhmmm heres an idea

bone book of death - animates a courpse into a undead pet depending on level of decay skeleton or zombie (one time use)
glacier book of freeze - does similar effects to stun but no chance of immunity and slow to cast.

molten book of flames - burns enemies and possibly nearby terrain.

wind book of air - air bullet spell (weakest and fastest to cast basicly works like a magic gun)

and you can have fun making outfits to go with them.

one final book

Tartarus tomb of summoning - maybe have 3 levels and only be able to get them via merchant
lvl 1 - summon imp - small weak but skilled at crafting. will wander around your base and craft things.
lvl 2 - summon demon - big and strong great guard. automaticly goes out and smashes raiders.
lvl 3 - summon succubus - works like a standard pawn but males (or if you summon a incubus, females) have trouble aiming at it in combat.
I will do my best but keep in mind i only know xml. For the things i need c# or someting i can maybe ask a friend on slack to help me.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: jordanf2209 on September 22, 2016, 10:50:47 PM
This mod is pretty cool, it definitely adds something unique to the game. Since you requested that we correct any grammar mistakes in the original post, I fixed a few minor mistakes.

1. This is also an ingredient for crafting Speed Sigils. - changed the wording slightly. 

2. Easy to get a target down for capture so long as they aren't killed by excessive shocks. - changed the wording of the sentence a little.

3. This is a mod I will work on if I have no school work and no school exams. - added "on" to the sentence.

4. I do not own most of the textures or art because I'm terrible at drawing. - removed the capitalization on "do not", changed "im" to "I'm" since it's a contraction of "I am."

5. My mod includes the wizard clothes from the Wizardry Mod by "Omega12", this user is no longer active and did not specify if the use of his art was acceptable or not. All of the credit for the textures/art from the Wizardry mod belongs to the author of Wizardry. - rewrote this sentence to include the author by name, specify why you weren't able to contact him and generally make it a little easier to read.
Thank you, when im home i will change it. ☺

Radis_cale

Hello, I have some ideas.
Why not golems? They are like robots, but magic, they can sow, clean, carry and fight, but they are small and can not equip weapons, but specialized versions can be created as a golem with a blade instead of arms.

Curative tank that heal faster colonists, but requires a power source (or something like that).

Trapping the souls of colonists and ressurecting into another body created before their death.

Improve the colonists with magical mutations which are permanent until their death, such as the skin of photosynthesis which reduces the loss of hunger in the sunlight.

The creation of new species, such as chicken that lays golden eggs, a cow that gives chocolate, not milk, animals that have a natural magic shield or pig eating stone and steel chunks and produce small amounts of minerals.

It would be difficult, especially with xml, but if someone like the idea or want to improve it, it would be great.
Say what you think about it, I'm curious.

Ps: I am French, sorry if my english is not perfect.

Violyte

SO I finished clothing textures... I did something different. I have 3 main outfit "kinds", the sorcerer/mage, necromancer, and witch/wizard. Within the mage and wizard outfits I have different designs-

Witch/Wizard                                                                        Sorcerer
______________                                                             _____________
Fat and thin Electric green witchy                                      Fat and thin fiery magerobes
Purple Witch Female                                                          Sorcerer Red and Blue Female
Wizard/greyrobes Male                                                      Sorcerer Blue Male with red brooch
Hulk Traditional blue "star" wizard robe                              Hulk Priest           

I did it between 2 outfit cores because I didn't think the designs worked with all the bodytypes (for instance the star wizard is traditionally a tall wizard and stars won't fit on a thin body) plus some were gender specific, as well as not to take up a lot of space in the mods.  Idk I think it's more organized that way.     

I also did a skull hood thing, a female necromancer hair, lightning struck hair, a sorceress hood, a priest hat, a witch hat, and a wizard hat with a built in beard.   

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Violyte on September 24, 2016, 12:30:43 AM
SO I finished clothing textures... I did something different. I have 3 main outfit "kinds", the sorcerer/mage, necromancer, and witch/wizard. Within the mage and wizard outfits I have different designs-

Witch/Wizard                                                                        Sorcerer
______________                                                             _____________
Fat and thin Electric green witchy                                      Fat and thin fiery magerobes
Purple Witch Female                                                          Sorcerer Red and Blue Female
Wizard/greyrobes Male                                                      Sorcerer Blue Male with red brooch
Hulk Traditional blue "star" wizard robe                              Hulk Priest           

I did it between 2 outfit cores because I didn't think the designs worked with all the bodytypes (for instance the star wizard is traditionally a tall wizard and stars won't fit on a thin body) plus some were gender specific, as well as not to take up a lot of space in the mods.  Idk I think it's more organized that way.     

I also did a skull hood thing, a female necromancer hair, lightning struck hair, a sorceress hood, a priest hat, a witch hat, and a wizard hat with a built in beard.
So.. you have 1 item that has diffrent looks on diffrent body types right?
How can i make a craftable item of such thing  ???

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Radis_cale on September 23, 2016, 05:50:34 PM
Hello, I have some ideas.
Why not golems? They are like robots, but magic, they can sow, clean, carry and fight, but they are small and can not equip weapons, but specialized versions can be created as a golem with a blade instead of arms.

Curative tank that heal faster colonists, but requires a power source (or something like that).

Trapping the souls of colonists and ressurecting into another body created before their death.

Improve the colonists with magical mutations which are permanent until their death, such as the skin of photosynthesis which reduces the loss of hunger in the sunlight.

The creation of new species, such as chicken that lays golden eggs, a cow that gives chocolate, not milk, animals that have a natural magic shield or pig eating stone and steel chunks and produce small amounts of minerals.

It would be difficult, especially with xml, but if someone like the idea or want to improve it, it would be great.
Say what you think about it, I'm curious.

Ps: I am French, sorry if my english is not perfect.
Keep in mind i only know xml.. i cant make very advanced stuff with that like soul trapping and putting it into another body to give it life. The rest is an option.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2016, 04:02:26 PM
I think more at a magic effect you can use at combat.
The effect lower a bleeding effect.
And when there isn't any bleeding it raise the HP by x points or x% of max. HP.
But i don't think you can't do this with xml only. There was a healing effect long ago for the Alien Ant, and he made a dll for it.
Is that dll still compatible for Alpha 15 and is that user still active??