[A15] Rim-Magic Magic weapons,clothes, Potions, Etc (ceased)

Started by hendrikpfaff, September 13, 2016, 01:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on September 26, 2016, 01:33:37 PM
Does you remember what fight it is to kill a Thumbro ? You need a small army just to get one down without casualties.
But 2 people with wind hairs  and electro wand, no problem. The electro effect kills it not the damage. And with the hairs they can keep on distance.
Need to test them on centipedes next.
Balance updates coming soon :)

Canute

Ok, just researched Magical potions and can't build the potion maker.
I think the issue is you misspelled it, couldron not cauldron. At the research you did it right.
For now i just placed one with the Dev mode.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on October 03, 2016, 06:19:40 AM
Ok, just researched Magical potions and can't build the potion maker.
I think the issue is you misspelled it, couldron not cauldron. At the research you did it right.
For now i just placed one with the Dev mode.

Did you have MagicalPotions and Brewing rescearched or just MagicalPotions?

Canute

Not brewing.
Ok, that was the mistake. But then you should change the Research prerequisites to brewing and scratch drug prod.

Ok, i just made a Masterwork toxic book, but i am realy disapointed from the accuracy. Even a normal assault rifle hits better beside on touch range.
But i think spells are controlled by mind and should have a pretty hight accuracy, but remove the burst them.

btw. did you ever try to use a hellfire wand as digging tool ? :-)

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on October 03, 2016, 02:21:25 PM
Not brewing.
Ok, that was the mistake. But then you should change the Research prerequisites to brewing and scratch drug prod.

Ok, i just made a Masterwork toxic book, but i am realy disapointed from the accuracy. Even a normal assault rifle hits better beside on touch range.
But i think spells are controlled by mind and should have a pretty hight accuracy, but remove the burst them.

btw. did you ever try to use a hellfire wand as digging tool ? :-)

XD yes i did try to use a hellfire wand as digger tool
Uhm you didnt look at the changelog? already changed resc for potions
And i think its needs to be so inacurate bec its a strong weapon for taking down groups not single pawns bec its a "toxic cloud"

Canute

I never notice a "cloud", i just notice my hunter just miss most of  the time. Yes i see an area when i target manualy, but the cross is a bit to small, should be 3x3 at last.

Ok, maybe it is more useful when the bookuser stay in the 2. row and fire on big waves of attackers. But as hunting weapon it is worthless.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on October 04, 2016, 01:19:52 PM
I never notice a "cloud", i just notice my hunter just miss most of  the time. Yes i see an area when i target manualy, but the cross is a bit to small, should be 3x3 at last.

Ok, maybe it is more useful when the bookuser stay in the 2. row and fire on big waves of attackers. But as hunting weapon it is worthless.
Than dont use it as a hunter weapon simple enough  ;)

StyleDragonLP

can you add gargoyles and theyre working like turrets just that they spawn a pawn wich then attacks. sorry for bad english

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: StyleDragonLP on October 05, 2016, 01:49:42 AM
can you add gargoyles and theyre working like turrets just that they spawn a pawn wich then attacks. sorry for bad english
I dont think i can do such thing :/
If you have a turret it spawns a pawn the pawn will be automatic trained all than it goes wrong the pawn will act like a normal pawn and not a pawn that will stay on the position it needs to be.
sorry for that but i simply cant do it.

Arnold Rimmer

Quote from: Canute on October 03, 2016, 02:21:25 PM
But i think spells are controlled by mind and should have a pretty hight accuracy

An Idea: The accuracy of spells depends on the mood of a colonist, so a colonists state of mind
actually has an effect on the power/range/accuracy of a spell.
Also, like in AD&D as an example, if you have no mouth, you cannot cast word-based spells,
or if you cannot use your arms (because you either have none anymore or cannot use them),
you cannot cast gesture-based spells.
This could lead to silence and paralyzing spells to counter wizards.
[Insert combination of words here]

hendrikpfaff

hector212121

Hmmmm, how about goblins? For that matter, magic-based shields--could have lower capacity but much higher recharge, or alternately allow shooting but be worse overall.

RommePawn

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 17, 2016, 12:14:24 PM
Quote from: Mattx0x on September 17, 2016, 10:30:24 AM
Looks interesting. Might I suggest magic as a skill
Uhm maybe in the upcomming updates..
Need to make sure im able to.

I think having having magic as a skill would require a new game. Should only do this as a second mod.

Anyways, I am playing on a map that gets to -80c in the winter, all my people wear muffalo pants+shirts with full power armor. They still get cold but don't get frostbite unless they are missing something. Unfortunately I can't use the clothing in this mod for three reasons.

First, it only shows the shoulders through the power armor. (see attachment if it works) I don't know if it is possible but it would be nice if the robes actually placed themselves over power armor and armor vests rather than under. If this isn't possible then maybe you could have an alternative mod that makes power armor and vests invisible, say a "rim-magic(invisiblearmor) V1.7". If instead you think they(the robes) should replace power armor then make sure temperature and damage stats are competitive with it(power armor).

Second problem [
TLDR: give the robes insulation. Being the same as a muffalo shirt would be the simplest solution] ...is that everything in this mod isn't warm enough. I think giving the three clothing items about the same heat/cold stats as the vanilla shirt and allowing the selection of the base mats in the crafting would solve this. But this creates another problem, 300-400 muffalo wool is alot but 300-400 cloth isn't. So obviously you could just do 250-350 cloth + 50 ingredients. But this creates yet another problem, if cloth is apart of these "ingredients" then the game may try making a pure cloth item despite selecting muffalo wool. You could just not allow cloth only ones I guess. Alternative solution is just make the base heat/cold temperature protection the same as a muffalo shirt, after all, 300-400 cloth should be quite warm. Similar tweaked could be done to the hats. Either making them similar to the power armor helmet or the other vanilla head gear.

Third[
TLDR: compliments, hat/hairs have bad armor, see next paragraph, witch hat has extra blunt protection randomly, nothing has fire protection], the head gear looks awesome, actually everything in the mod does, but when you can make power armor helmets, wearing any of the hats/hairs would be really risky. All the normal hats/hairs have 9% blunt, 9% sharp, 0% heat, 0% electric with the witch hat having 19% blunt randomly for some reason, compared to a normal power armor helmet: 35% blunt, 60% sharp, 50% heat, 0% electric. Not sure why nothing in this mod has armor - heat protection, one would think some of the gear should be immune to fire. Anyways, the hope I had was I could outfit all my 20 colonists with a mix of the 6 hats/hairs based on their role within the colony without any concern over what stats everything had. But if they are nothing compared to the power armor helmet then I can't use it. And if something is better than everything else ie witch hat then I will need to use that. I understand the robes having different stats but having everyone where the same hat isn't as fun.

Might I request you equalize all the hats/hairs' speed/armor stats and add recolored "enchanted" versions of everything unlocked though research with stats similar to the power armor helmet that require plasteel. Thus allowing us to use whatever we think looks cool without the risk that comes from not wearing power armor helmets.

Last thing to note, all but the wizard helmet requires steel when crafting.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]