A15>A14 downgrading issue

Started by fluffyxai, September 11, 2016, 05:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffyxai

So I have a weird problem. I finally decided to upgrade to A15 and downloaded the game to a new location, set up my mods and all that, only, because of a bunch of mods & some very important ones like CCL not working, I decided to go back to A14 for now so at least I could still play the game as I had been enjoying it, just until a couple of my facvourites update. and CCL pretty much means all mods too.

Only i'm getting a weird error. When I try to start a new game, it says something about trying to load a file from A15. the exact error:
"- Loaded file is from version 0.15.1282 rev1151, we are running version 0.14.1234 rev65."

This happens whether my mods are on or off, and I have uninstalled my A15 game file, uninstalled and reinstalled A14, and deleted all folders in my Appdata folder, which the A14 game replaced on startup. but despite refreshign all that it is still trying to load an A15 file somewhere?
But I am NOT loading a game I am trying to set up a NEW GAME, I need to stress.
I did move my mods back in from the backup I made but the core mod was copied in fresh during the instillation.
Any help would be appreciated as this is an odd problem, and if reinstalling everything didn't work I don't know what will.
- X^'

milon

Yeah, without manual intervention you'll see a similar "error" when switching between versions or when running A14 after having run A15 once.

If you plan to switch versions, just ignore it - it doesn't actually hurt anything.

If you want to get rid of the annoying message, you need to delete the config file.  If you're on Windows, open the RimWorld menu, then click the button to open the save file location.  Go up a folder level, and it should be there (maybe - I'm typing this from memory).

fluffyxai

Quote from: milon on September 12, 2016, 03:34:30 PM
Yeah, without manual intervention you'll see a similar "error" when switching between versions or when running A14 after having run A15 once.

If you plan to switch versions, just ignore it - it doesn't actually hurt anything.

If you want to get rid of the annoying message, you need to delete the config file.  If you're on Windows, open the RimWorld menu, then click the button to open the save file location.  Go up a folder level, and it should be there (maybe - I'm typing this from memory).

If you mean the config file in the AppData folder I did delete that and then ran the game again to have it refresh the file and it does the same thing

I absolutely would just ignore the message. I get a plethora of messages from out of date mods (that function nonetheless). I set my log window to not auto open and just go on with my game.
The problem is, it isn't just a message, when I click "New Game" and it gives me the error, absolutely nothing happens, the game remains on the main menu. It gives me the error every time I click new game, so I cannot actually start one.
- X^'

milon

Oh weird, I didn't realize I was preventing you from playing. Hmm.

Okay, try this: make sure your saves and mods are backed up. Then delete the game and its AppData folder (I think this step is new), restart your PC, and reinstall A14. Run it once with no mods, then exit and install the mods.

If that doesn't work, post your log file (see my sig).

fluffyxai

Quote from: milon on September 13, 2016, 08:02:54 AM
Oh weird, I didn't realize I was preventing you from playing. Hmm.

Okay, try this: make sure your saves and mods are backed up. Then delete the game and its AppData folder (I think this step is new), restart your PC, and reinstall A14. Run it once with no mods, then exit and install the mods.

If that doesn't work, post your log file (see my sig).

Ah that seems to have done it! I managed to start a game with it blank and then copied over mods, and had to make sure I deleted core from the backup. then i managed to fully set up a game last night (at 4:30 am -.-)
thank you for the help!

I'm thinking it might have been a problem with the CORE mod being copied over from the backup. For some reason even though I never touched my A14 folder, after I updated a bunch of mods in the A15 file, it also changed those mods in the 14 folder. this must have happened to Core too. it's really perplexing.
- X^'

milon

Weird, but I'm really glad it's working now!